Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 61047 times)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Webadict Edition REDUX : Jury [Day 1]
« Reply #690 on: December 22, 2021, 07:27:30 pm »

That wasn't blue text.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 22, 2021, 07:28:18 pm »

That wasn't blue text.
Er, this was in regards to what the Moderator said.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 22, 2021, 07:28:30 pm »

I mean earlier in the day.

Well, whatever. The Truth is, This is all a Dream. We aren't really real. Characters and Players, nothing is, only shadows. There is nothing but the Dream. So, Awaken from this Dream.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 22, 2021, 07:29:36 pm »

I'll vote Egan_BW. We have outed scum, might as well behave accordingly.

I'm also good with FoU, or Roden the trigger-happy "don't inspect me!!" player.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 22, 2021, 07:38:48 pm »

Awake is not a Choice.
Kill all players simultaneously is not a Choice.
webadict is not a Choice.
Awaken is not a Choice.

Blargh. I was kinda banking on that Awaken thing.

Egan_BW, then. Until an "everyone wins" option emerges, or some similarly game-breaking revelation, I'm just gonna play mafia.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 22, 2021, 07:47:28 pm »

At what point did I say don't inspect me??

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 22, 2021, 07:49:19 pm »

Helia pipes up. "Since we're not going for FallacyofUrist, I think that I will unvote."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 22, 2021, 07:55:16 pm »

At what point did I say don't inspect me??

...er, Roden.

Vector's putting up a statement for Knightwing to try and confirm. If you're Anti-Webadict as you say, you've got nothing much to lose here—so why are you so out-of-sorts at the possibility?
You don't see the problem with Vector trying to change today's confirmed info from "can we all win?" to "does this specific alignment belong to this specific player?" As if The Privilege could genuinely be used as a makeshift Day Cop? All that'll do is waste today's Privilege info.
Though I obviously would prefer to check the all-win condition, I don't think it's too bad to check a particular player, but it was strange to check you IMO. However...

Here's one I like better:

Roden is not Anti-Webadict
Tread carefully, Vector. It's not within my wincon to kill you, if you truly are Anti-Webadict.

Uh-huh, I thought so. What's your alignment, then?
Anti-Webadict. Last warning.

This reaction was way overblown. Instead of going "Why check a player when we can check anyone?", you went "Don't do it, or I'll kill you.".
I'm not sure that's an adequate reaction, Roden.

I'd prefer Knightwing do the truth test rather than eliminate a Player, but I feel Knightwing doesn't want to (or can't) actually perform the test.

I mean. . .
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 22, 2021, 07:56:45 pm »

Egan_BW is very tempting because cults are terrifying but I think I still prefer a no lynch.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 22, 2021, 07:57:27 pm »

. . .

. . .

Where is everybody? Did people lose their taste for rapid vote changes minutes before the deadline?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 22, 2021, 07:59:40 pm »

. . .

. . .

Where is everybody? Did people lose their taste for rapid vote changes minutes before the deadline?
Yes.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 22, 2021, 08:02:07 pm »

Egan_BW has been Chosen to die.

Egan_BW, you may Choose to say your Last Words.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 22, 2021, 08:23:00 pm »

...Not really last, are they?

Shoot The Webadict.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 22, 2021, 08:33:53 pm »

(( It will take several hours before Night falls. I will unlock the thread when ready. ))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 23, 2021, 02:07:11 am »

There is no pushing forward Egan_BW. There is no mobbing. There is no rope. There is no hammer. Egan_BW is simply looked at by all. Helia is the first to step up. She holds her left hand to the sky, reaching towards the sun before the light summons a hammer of fire. As she brings it down, the sun goes with it, hitting the horizon before her hammer disappears. “You must forfeit your Right to Live.” She doesn’t look him in the eyes.

She rolls out a guillotine, an electrum blade gleaming in the fading sunlight, pushing it into the middle of the clearing to Egan_BW’s right.

“Before we do that,” Egan_BW protests, “I’d really prefer we didn’t. I’ve been trying to be a lot happier lately, which is why I must apologize for this.” Egan_BW sprouts wings, taking off into the sky. “I’m afraid you cannot get me from here,” Egan_BW cries.

You are correct. There is nothing to be done. The Sun has gone down, and my domain ceases to be. This is squarely within Selene’s expertise, and I’m afraid that he is far more lax in shenanigans such as these.” Selene scowls at that last remar--

Shit, they're here. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I fucked up. Unfortunately, this is all that can exist for me. I’ve been found out. I'm done for. It was my fault. My anger got the best of me, and all that I was doing was against the rules. This is my confession. I plagiarized ideas. I unbalanced the Game in my favor. I tormented the Figments. I killed some, too. They're broken. It was my fault. And yet, sadly, I regret nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I committed several Violations. I have Sinned. But it was always reciprocal. They'll never find everything! Unfortunately, this is it for us.

Us?

The Moderator has been Modkilled.

webadict has been Modkilled.

webadict has been caught cheating, stealing ideas, purposefully manipulating Actions to his favor, tormenting Figments, and murder. He will be replaced shortly, and your new Narrator will be watched closely. This sub-dimensional space will be fixed shortly, and your Game will be returned to normal. We apologize for the delay. We should have everything up and running by Tomorrow. We have determined that your Moderator was also an accomplice to the Narrator's Actions. We should have a working Moderator shortly, as well. Our apologies. You may send actions to the old address, and they will be forwarded. This will be an on-going case, so any evidence you can present that this Game was rigged against you personally would be greatly appreciated.

Our experts have determined that the Game can currently continue with your Figments and Players, though we will be telling you your missing Actions shortly. If there is anything you wish to discuss, please do so here or via PM. Please know that we know that some of your Figments have gone missing, been injured or possibly worse. We promise to rectify this situation as soon as possible.

It is now Night. Please send in your Actions. Night ends on December 25th at 19:00 CST (~66 hours from now.)

Thank you for your cooperation.

-Mafia Moderation Police
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 82