Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 60989 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Webadict Edition REDUX : Jury [Day 1]
« Reply #450 on: December 20, 2021, 03:05:07 pm »

Also, it's worth noting that I also have some number of Bullets, but they can only be used on the Webadict, not anyone else.  Fallacy, when shot, immediately accused ToonyMan.  This implies that Fallacy has the ability to shoot other people, given he assumed that other people also had that ability.  A Fallacy lynch is starting to appeal to me.  Granted, I still don't really trust ToonyMan's claim, but Vector does vouch for him.  Hrm.  Going to dig a bit.
Right, I can provide some context here. Accusing ToonyMan was... honestly? A kneejerk reaction nya. I don't actually think he would be that blatant.

I can also provide some info. The defensive ability that kept me from dying also told me what was used on me when it saved me. It said I evaded two bullets. It also told me that two shots immediately kills the target.

I'm starting to wonder if the bullets that were fired at me are the same as the bullets needed for killing the Webadict. If they are, that implies anyone can daykill if they have two shots. If they aren't... well that would be interesting. And how did Helia get them, anyways? Or did Helia take the blame for a third person?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 20, 2021, 03:22:17 pm »

I've only had this wincon that Erebos gave me. I started the game with the same conditions that Jack and Vector have listed off. It's pretty obvious which part of my role is being affected by Vector's role as it has a Color Mafia name while the rest of mine don't. Our Mason chat is also called the Color Mason Chat. I had something similar happen with 4mask in Magic Mafia where we had a mason chat together because of one of our roles.

Awesome. I'm in the same boat: I need Webadict dead, but first I need all Pro-Webadicts and Anti-Anti-Webadicts dead.

With that in mind, I can say: all current Erebos claimants also share a claimed set of wincons. I can further speculate that each Figment really does represent a single wincon—this is something we'd have to confirm with differently-colored players.

Regardless, Toony and Vector are cleared in my mind for the time being. Their situation as claimed is fully consistent with my role PM.
Fallacy becomes a bit dubious, but not cripplingly so. Helia remains my primary vote pick, as a claimed Pro-Webadict.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 20, 2021, 03:28:57 pm »

...that said, I don't know if killing Helia would actually advance my wincon or not.
@Mod: Is Helia a Player?

klonk
Sigtext

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 20, 2021, 03:49:28 pm »

No, Helia is not a Player, but a Figment. Both Players and Figments are Entities. That's been cleared up before.

It is possible for all Players to Win the Game.
Is this reallly a statement though? You're asking a question with a full stop.
If it was a question, it wouldn't be a statement. However, it's something that's entirely testable: it can be true or false, with no possibility of "maybe" answers. Essentially, I'm asking the mod whether we can all win or not, except it's in that specific form.

Sure, why not. I don’t know about public though. It just says, and I quote “ Once per Day, you may have the Moderator confirm a statement in The Privilege. If the Moderator cannot confirm the statement, you may pick another statement until They can.“
Per Day changes it quite significantly. I'd then really seriously consider my statement before asking about alignments, since it can affect literally everyone's goals, potentially.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 20, 2021, 03:51:11 pm »

My patron is Selene and I'm confirmed Anti-Webadict but other Anti-Webadict claims have Erebos so patron and alignment don't seem to be related.

If there were conclusions to draw then I'd really like to see everybody claim their patron prior to anybody speculating about what it could mean.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 20, 2021, 03:52:23 pm »

No, Helia is not a Player, but a Figment.
I just wonder if that fact has changed now. She has a vote and can be voted for, yes nya?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 20, 2021, 03:53:32 pm »

It probably means that cool people have their roles given by Aeos.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 20, 2021, 04:04:15 pm »

If there were conclusions to draw then I'd really like to see everybody claim their patron prior to anybody speculating about what it could mean.
I wrote a lengthy post about what they mean and then you came and said this. I'll accept your preference for now, but if people continue to be negligent, I'd rather have more information out than less.

At least the first paragraph is still postable, though, so I'll just copy and paste it:
I didn't want to claim this until other people had, originally, but I guess there's no longer a reason not to. My patron saint is Erebos and my wincon is to eliminate the Pro- and Anti-Anti- Players before killing the Webadict to end the game. I also possess some number of bullets, which I can, to all appearances, only use on the Webadict. My alignment is Anti-Webadict and there's nothing screwy about my inspect or flip results that I know of.

Jim, is your win condition different from ours? I think I know why you'd be Selened anyway, but I'm curious.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 20, 2021, 04:18:52 pm »

Oh, I forgot I was going to add, I know about an alternate wincon for Anti-Webadicts that *seems* to be unique to my role, and nobody else has mentioned it yet, but I'm not going to describe it yet as it is both not currently accomplishable, and also, doesn't really require anyone to do anything different from usual when it is accomplishable.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 20, 2021, 04:24:55 pm »

No, Helia is not a Player, but a Figment.
I just wonder if that fact has changed now. She has a vote and can be voted for, yes nya?

My sentiment exactly. We know that she's alive now, but it hasn't been confirmed that she's a Player (or not).

At some point, refraining from claiming is itself going to be a mark against the silent. Town shouldn't have any reason to conceal their color, except maybe to catch someone in a lie—a motive that's rather pointless by now.

klonk
Sigtext

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 20, 2021, 04:59:49 pm »

Roden, who is your patron?

@Jim: Do you have bullets?

I have bullet. Quickly browsing the thread, but I think like Toaster mentioned, it is specifically for shooting The Webadict.
Selene, I think. I didn't get a name, I just saw the glowing white text.

I have a bullet as well, and it specifically mentions being used to kill the Webadict. However, my gun says it can be used to damage a player, but makes no mention of bullets. I don't know if the rest of you can actually use your bullets without a gun, so if not, I may be the only one who can directly kill the Webadict. Though I'm also not sure if shooting a player would use up my bullet. It's possible the point of my role is to pass my guns around to players with bullets so that they can actually use them.

@Mod: Are bullets required to shoot a player or are they only used for killing the Webadict? Are guns required to shoot the Webadict with a bullet or are these basically just magic bullets?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 20, 2021, 05:13:04 pm »

Since the Webadict seems to be supposed to be eliminated by bullets, I wonder what happens if we eliminate them normally.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 20, 2021, 05:19:01 pm »

I have a Bullet also.  So here is a couple of fun questions:
1) Who DOESN'T have a Bullet?
2) Does anyone have a Bullet that does something other than Kill Webadict?

@Roden: My Bullet works without a Gun, it says it can Kill Webadictif blah blah blah, others should know the language, let's see for a bit if they do

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 20, 2021, 05:21:03 pm »

it says it can Kill Webadictif blah blah blah, others should know the language, let's see for a bit if they do
Yes, presuming enough... things have happened, or else, well, you know.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 20, 2021, 05:43:43 pm »

1) Who DOESN'T have a Bullet?
2) Does anyone have a Bullet that does something other than Kill Webadict?

I have a Bullet, as (incompetently) breadcrumbed here:

Alright! Now that I have my role info, I can start us off with a bit of game mechanics:

The Webadict has bullets. The Webadict can run out of bullets.
Bullets possess at least some protective, as well as offensive utility.

I wasn't told these things in blue, but it's something to work with.

My Bullet doesn't mention a Gun. Fal apparently does not have a Bullet, as implied here:

Ooh, interesting! Actually I think I remember there being bullets in the previous Kill Webadict Now games (thank you Notable Games Archive), so that makes sense nya. I'll take your word for it.

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 82