Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 60918 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Webadict Edition REDUX : Jury [Day 1]
« Reply #420 on: December 20, 2021, 05:49:29 am »

I don't think you can learn anything from lynching Egan_BW.
I can, I promise. As of right now, he's kind of the key to the whole thing.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 20, 2021, 05:59:31 am »

I don't think you can learn anything from lynching Egan_BW.
I can, I promise. As of right now, he's kind of the key to the whole thing.
I don't see it.  You'll have to build a case.
As mentioned previously, I'm awaiting Jim's permission to vote, at least for a bit.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 20, 2021, 06:04:50 am »

@Mod: How can 7 votes hammer when there are 14 voters?  Half of 14 is 7, thus not a majority.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 20, 2021, 07:12:13 am »

And we're waiting for:

TricMagic
Roden
Maximum Spin
EuchreJack
Knightwing64
TolyK

I don't think I missed anybody but the game has been going pretty fast.
Erebos here. I didn't have any role before.

Actually, I think Egan_BW specifically is the most informative lynch.
???

I barely even thought about them... why, again?

Vector, Toonyman: If the Webadict died right now, would you win the game?
No. If the Webadict died right now the game would end, but in order for me to win, all Pro-Webadict and Anti-anti-Webadict Players must die. I assume Toony's wincon is the same.

Note that this does not include Figments, who are not Players.

I think the plan is to learn more about the rest of the Players while also determining what the Figments want.
I agree with this plan.
This seems plausible to me.

Also, I think voting Helia isn't the best idea, even if they have their arm back. And yes, I assume that the arm is an indicator of votingness.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 20, 2021, 07:14:31 am »

BTW, My role is themed on another mafia game, but I think it narrows down any role guessing way too much if I specify what game it is.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 20, 2021, 08:58:47 am »

I wouldn't be too quick to judge Knightwing. I haven't seen anything alarming from their play outside their town meta, although I want to hear their thoughts. Maybe some bartering is required here.

@Knightwing:
Do you have any compatibility with Anti-Webadict? Are you in communication with anyone besides yourself?

A little. Yes.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 20, 2021, 09:01:02 am »

Hey, I'm here. I just finished catching up but now I'm about to pass out and go to bed. I'm kind of confused about everything that's happening but I have info at least. First off, I know how to kill the Webadict. Second, I can confirm that at least three factions exist within this game (yes, they're the ones you're thinking of), as it's part of my wincon to eliminate two of them before killing the Webadict. And third, I have a gun, and I can get more.

Alright! Now that I have my role info, I can start us off with a bit of game mechanics:

The Webadict has bullets. The Webadict can run out of bullets.
Bullets possess at least some protective, as well as offensive utility.

I wasn't told these things in blue, but it's something to work with.
I was told the same thing. I don't know if the Webadict has a gun or how many bullets they have, but if they do I imagine they can only use it in emergencies.

@Jim: Do you have bullets?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 20, 2021, 10:53:18 am »

EuchreJack:
Is the Moderator neutral in this game? Helia got the ability to use The Privilege but Erebos' use of it earns him violations. Or he gets violations because he's a jerk to Helia. Either way it seems like the Moderator might be playing favorites.

The Moderator is named Webadict.  The game is called Kill Webadict.  I thereby argue that the Mod is not neutral.

This is one of those times where case matters.  The Moderator is named "webadict" and the Chosen is the "Webadict" which is not the same thing.

"You misunderstand, Player Knightwing64. You cannot Choose a webadict. webadict has already been Chosen. You must Choose the Webadict that will kill the rest of you."

Also, it's worth noting that I also have some number of Bullets, but they can only be used on the Webadict, not anyone else.  Fallacy, when shot, immediately accused ToonyMan.  This implies that Fallacy has the ability to shoot other people, given he assumed that other people also had that ability.  A Fallacy lynch is starting to appeal to me.  Granted, I still don't really trust ToonyMan's claim, but Vector does vouch for him.  Hrm.  Going to dig a bit.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 20, 2021, 11:01:43 am »

Vector's role from Color Mafia was a Death Miller Mason, which lends credibility to both of their claims.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 20, 2021, 11:59:39 am »

I'm not torn over a FoU lynch since they seemed very eager to mislynch me after claiming they were Pro-Webadict. Thank god I'm a mason with Vector. I don't understand why FoU still wants to vote me unless they really think I'm lying and actually in cahoots with Vector, but it's a weak argument.

I don't want to vote a Figment because it doesn't help eliminate Pro-Webadict and Anti-Anti-Webadict Players.

I'm not voting Vector or Jim because they're confirmed Anti-Webadict.

I don't want to vote Knightwing because the other factions must be eliminated first before Webadict, which Knightwing should be.

There's also the matter of what/who killed Helia in the Setup Phase.

Game mechanics still appear to be working with only some roleplaying elements. Therefore scumhunting should still be effective in finding scum. PoE can be dangerous so let's look through these Players and find a good reason to vote someone.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 20, 2021, 12:06:33 pm »

Anti-Anti-Webadict are probably the mafia team.

Pro-Webadict is probably at least Knightwing but likely has others. This group is like a publicly known third-party with a lot of protection?

The rest of us are Anti-Webadict. Gonna assume we're the good guys here. Yep. Definitely.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 20, 2021, 12:07:54 pm »

As a gesture of goodwill, if one of you doubts one of the statements that another player has said as long as it is not against my interests. I will have the moderator confirm it in the privilege. If they can’t, then the player is lying.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 20, 2021, 12:16:05 pm »

As a gesture of goodwill, if one of you doubts one of the statements that another player has said as long as it is not against my interests. I will have the moderator confirm it in the privilege. If they can’t, then the player is lying.
I appreciate the show of cooperation. However, it's clear our goals conflict so you taking advantage of the Privilege for us would likely only be for your own benefit. Is this a correct statement?

Do Pro-Webadict supporters such as Helia and presumably yourself hold Truth as your virtue?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 20, 2021, 12:29:10 pm »

Jack is very likely Anti-Webadict as well. Gonna check that one off the list now that they've posted. Their genuine lethargic drive matches my own, and they list a lot of information I share.

Also would prefer some other people over FoU. I've mentioned this to Vector in private but FoU is probably town. This is probably a very poor play that backfired. An actual Pro-Webadict player would not openly claim such, having seen the game now and Knightwing's behavior. I guess Anti-Anti-Webadict is more possible, but maybe if they help me find actual scum we'll be square.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 82