Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 70271 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 2: White Fields / Temple Garden
« Reply #690 on: April 18, 2022, 11:19:44 am »

"The only way to move further is to hurt Otoya further. The only thing you can do for him is cause him more pain."
"Just because a scalpel cuts people doesn't mean it's not a medical tool."

"Enough about Fantomas, I'm here to help Otoya. I'll look after the new kid." Mori stated, turning to Tadano, "Hey Peachy, do me a favor and go deal with those wraiths by the piano. Don't worry, I'll be shadowing you."

Momotaro to M11, Bash Grieving D

Mori followed behind him. Once they were both in position, more of the leafy green kunai formed in Mori's hand, and he threw them at the closest wraith, before stepping into Tadano's shadow.

Fantomas to M10, Nala Grieving D, then Guard Momotaro
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 08:43:25 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 23, 2022, 04:11:45 pm »

MEGAPOST

Prior to Fantomas' action, Marc'heg Gwer to J-10, cast Boosted Kurmala on Fantomas & Pyrrha
Otohime to K-9, use Again on Marc'heg Gwer & Vasusena, & cast Kurmala on Marc'heg Gwer
Otohime to K-8, cast Kurmala on Vasusena

Tsukuyomi to M-8, cast Kia on Pixie
Ibaraki-Douji to L-8, cast Fiama on Vengeful F
    If Vengeful F survives:
    Marc'heg Gwer to L-7, use Bash on Vengeful F

Vasusena to N-6, cast Sunfire on Vengeful E

If Marc'heg Gwer has yet to act, move to L-7, cast Nala on Vengeful E if still alive
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 08:35:48 pm by Unlurking Sentinel »
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 24, 2022, 01:25:33 pm »

Yui does her best to prepare her teammates.
Quote from: Marc'heg Gwer
(Marc'heg Gwer's Hautdesert Girdle activates!)
Marc'heg Gwer casts Kurmala!
Marc'heg Gwer loses 9 MP!
Pyrrha and Fantomas gain 3 DR for 3 turns!

"Uu-uh? Okay, uh....let's go!"
Tadano bounds off and....practically obliterates one of the nearby Onibi with a single smash from his club.
Quote from: Momotaro vs. Grieving Wraith D
(Momotaro's Treesplitter is active!)
(Saya's Support activates!)
(Aika's Charisma activates!)

Momotaro initiates!
Hit Rate: Irrelevant
Hit: Autohit!
Grieving Wraith D takes 21 damage!

Grieving Wraith D is defeated!
(Momotaro's Kibi-dango Blessing activates....but cannot restore HP as both targets have full HP!)
"This feels weird. Not bad weird. Uh....was it supposed to be that easy?"

Quote from: Fantomas
Mori activates Guard!
Momotaro will be protected from incoming attacks!

Aika and Saya use their abilities to prepare everyone else meanwhile.
Quote from: Otohime
(Otohime's Living Currents activates!)

Otohime casts Again!
Otohime casts Kurmala!
Otohime loses 4 MP!
Marc'heg Gwer and Vasusena may move again!

Vasusena gains 3 DR for 3 turns!

Otohime casts Kurmala!
Otohime loses 4 MP!
Marc'heg Gwer gains 3 DR for 3 turns!

Quote from: Tsukuyomi
Tsukyuomi casts Kia!
Tsukuyomi loses 5 MP!

Pixie regains 20 HP!

One of the Kaneko-aligned Onibi collapses to the ground, a flaming fist having taken its head off courtersy of Akihiko.
Quote from: Ibaraki-Douji vs. Vengeful Mask F
(Akihiko's Daunt activates!)
(Ibaraki-Douji's Demon's Constitution activates!)
(Saya's Support activates!)
(Saya's Dragon Ward activates!)
(Aika's Charisma activates!)
(Vengeul Mask F is under the effect of Fairy Glamour....)

Ibaraki-Douji casts Fiama!
Ibaraki-Douji loses 3 MP!

Ibaraki-Douji initiates!
Vengeful Mask F takes 18 damage!

Vengeful Mask F is defeated!
Akihiko regains 10 MP!

Not to be left hanging, Masaru takes down another Onibi with a blazing arrow.
Quote from: Vasusena vs. Vengeful Mask E
(Vasusena is under the effect of Kurmala!)
(Masaru has practiced efficiency!)
(Masaru has a reputation to uphold!)
(Akihiko's Daunt activates!)

Vasusena casts Sunfire!
Vasusena loses 3 MP!

Vasusena initiates!
Vengeful Mask E takes 16 damage!

Vengeful Mask E cannot retaliate!

Vasusena strikes again!
Vengeful Mask E takes 16 damage!

Vengeful Mask E is defeated!

~~Ally Phase~~
"Heh. Gawain, huh? Never thought we'd actually get to work together. Like Christmas came early."
"Hm."
"Not much of a talker, huh?"
Quote from: Aegaeon
Aegaeon casts Charge!
Aegaeon loses 8 MP!
Aegaeon's next Physical attack is buffed!

Quote from: Gawain
Gawain casts Lustrous Boost!
Gawain loses 18 MP!
All of Pyrrha's battle stats are boosted for 3 turns!

~~Enemy Phase~~
As the wraiths round on Riku, his shadow erupts around him, thorns stabbing through them as Mori protects him....only for a psychic blast to nail Mori dead-on, addling his senses.

"Are you okay?!"
Quote from: Promise Wraith D vs. Momotaro
(Riku is under Mori's protection!)
(Mori's Guard activates!)
(Mori's within Riku's shadow!)
(Akihiko's Support activates!)
(Tsukuyomi's Mirror of Night is active!)

Promise Wraith D initiates!
Hit Rate: 59 to hit
Hit: 100, miss!

Fantomas retaliates!
Critical: 4, crit!
Promise Wraith D takes 42 damage!

Promise Wraith D is defeated!

Quote from: Grieving Wraith E vs. Momotaro
(Riku is under Mori's protection!)
(Mori's Guard activates!)
(Mori's within Riku's shadow!)
(Akihiko's Support activates!)
(Tsukuyomi's Mirror of Night is active!)

Grieving Wraith E casts Nerve Wrecker!
Grieving Wraith E initiates!
Hit Rate: 58 to hit
Hit: 16, hit!
Fantomas takes 7 damage!
(Fantomas is Sick for 2 turns!)

Fantomas retaliates!
Grieving Wraith E takes 7 damage!

Fantomas strikes again!
Grieving Wraith E takes 7 damage!

"Please stop."

An ominous aura begins to gather where Mori is standing, the distant, distorted sounds of piano playing suddenly appearing around them.
Quote from: Shinigami
Shinigami casts Liebesleid!
Fantomas has 1 turn to escape the targeted area!

"You first, Demura! Someone like you can't possibly be stronger!"

Masaru finds himself thrown into the nearby wall with the force of Spartoi's flame....but aside from some residual burns, it stings a lot less than it would have. Indeed, he manages to recover fast enough to retaliate with his own shot, which tears through Spartoi like wet paper.
Quote from: Spartoi vs. Vasusena
(Vasusena is under the effect of Kurmala!)
(Masaru has practiced efficiency!)
(Masaru has a reputation to uphold!)

Spartoi casts Fire Breath!
Spartoi initiates!
Hit Rate: 73 to hit
Hit: 42, hit!
Vasusena takes 6 damage!
(Vasusena is poisoned for 2 turns!)

Vasusena retaliates!
Hit Rate: 97 to hit
Hit: 54, hit!
Critical: 19, crit!
Spartoi takes 33 damage!

Spartoi's Life Point is removed!
Spartoi loses one Press Turn!
He stumbles backwards, shaking his head.
"Impossible....you can't be...I was meant to be stronger than you....stronger than Kasuga or Honda..."

~~~~Turn 2~~~~
Player Phase
~~Map Theme (Mass Destruction)~~
Level up applied.
Quote from: Poison
Masaru is poisoned!
Masaru takes 6 damage!
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 04:01:27 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 24, 2022, 08:11:58 pm »

Proioxis to L5, hit Daiya with a Tailwind for that double.

"Stronger than me? Ha! Reflect on your mistakes while you spend some time in the hospital!"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 24, 2022, 09:07:37 pm »

Of course the Akuma would recognize his appearance. The one time he didn't want to be recognized for his achievements... perhaps if he ended this here and now, he could keep the other students from thinking about it for too long...? Hopefully at least the ones outside of the Student Council.

"Quiet, Proioxis. Your approach failed to give him any sense of rationality the last you interacted with him. If anything, your shared fixation on physical strength has done more than enough to destabilize the situation."

He then turned towards Spartoi. "As for you, 'tis blindingly obvious. Our selves are, in some part at least, a reflection of our actions..."

"Drawing a dangerous object in the middle of a crowd, and using it to attempt to kill your- our fellows, because a young woman interacts with a fellow member of her student union more than someone who isn't, who happens to be you? Or to rectify some past incident that soiled some other relationship of yours?"

"If those are the actions you have taken, then it is clear you would never have a chance, inside of this alternate reality or not! Because no one would ever choose to be around someone who conducts themselves like you have!"

If Spartoi somehow survives Proioxis, Sunfire him for good measure
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 09:18:38 pm by Unlurking Sentinel »
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: April 24, 2022, 09:13:04 pm »

"Some people only understand a hierarchy of strength - who has it, who doesn't, who you can assert yours over. So I just have to prove to this jackass just how weak he actually is, and teach him he ain't gonna be picking on anybody ever again as long as I'm around!"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #696 on: April 24, 2022, 09:40:27 pm »

"Oh, stuff it, Vasusena, or I'll do it for you. You and Fantomas both could shut the hell up once in a while."

If by some miracle he's still alive, L5 and Hikana Spartoi, else J7 and Hikana Hateful D
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 24, 2022, 09:42:37 pm »

”I won’t stop, because only I may harm my property.”
”I won’t stop, because you still need my help.”
”I won’t stop, because I care about you.”

”Tis only a flesh wound.” Mori replied, wincing a bit from the hit, ”That said, I think Otaya wants me to fall back, and I’ll be happy to oblige. I’d recommend the same to you.”

He turned to look at the crowd of Kaijin behind him.

”Can someone heal me up a bit?”

Hearing Honda’s most recent remark, Mori felt the need to interject.

”Once more you show yourself incapable of understanding subtlety, or anything but brute violence for that matter. Even the strong bend to influence and words, if you know how to use them. I could command men like this fool with words alone, perhaps you’re the one who only understands strength?”

As for Pyrrha…

”Please don’t put me in the same category as that blowhard. He just talks and talks for no reason besides self aggrandizement. I at least have purpose to my words.”
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 09:45:51 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 24, 2022, 09:45:11 pm »

"Go ahead and try to talk those demons down. I'll sweep up the pieces and send you off the hospital with this jerkass after they turn you into mulch. A Domain isn't a civilized place, so don't act like it is - all that matters here is who is strong enough to make the rules, so just be glad that I'm not a bully like him."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #699 on: April 24, 2022, 09:45:49 pm »

". . . Do you even hear the words that come out of your mouth, theater kid? You sound like my father."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: April 24, 2022, 09:54:39 pm »

As much as he wanted to keep his composure while he was on-duty, Honda and that Akari girl's failure to understand their situation simply ticked him off.

"Oh, spare me. An Akuma stands above the people they victimize in such a framework as yours. What you're humouring- even perpetuating- is lawless barbarism. True justice is decided and agreed upon by the public!"

"And it is not as if your 'heirarchy' is as well-understood as you claim. If you were violently beaten for doing something that you were convinced was not wrong, would you reevaluate and 'reflect on your mistakes'?"

"Proving someone weak fails to prove them wrong. And if your only solution to someone acting wrongly is to make them feel weak, maybe Kaneko would never have been so desperate for strength that he would inject an Akuma Seed into himself, create a domain in the middle of a crowded cafeteria, and kidnap and attempt to kill Koga and Tadano!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 24, 2022, 09:59:14 pm »

"I'm not responsible for this guy making those decisions. If he stayed in his lane and didn't try to hurt people for no reason I wouldn't have to beat him down, and that's where you're misunderstanding me - this guy sees power as a means to do whatever he wants, but I fight for those who can't fight for themselves. THAT'S what real power is. If Kaneko wants to make bad choices that's on him and him alone - I'm just the consequences of his actions."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 24, 2022, 10:03:14 pm »

”They’re right, you’re weak and powerless here. They’re right, you sound just like the people you claim to hate. They’re right, Kameko will meet the noose. They’re right, without others you are useless in the face of true power. You’re right, you will never be a hero.”
”You have all the power you need.”

A. Please don’t try to threaten me so worthlessly. I have the blood of many more powerful beings than a pathetic rabid mutt on my hands.” Mori replied, “B. I am well aware of every word that comes out of my mouth. Bothering buckethead is a purpose. However, I find myself agreeing with him. The blind foolishness that the guilty must be punished with no hope of appeal is quite the most idiotic thing I’ve heard come from Prioxis’s mouth. Our duty is the protection of the innocent, not the punishment of the guilty. We should see to it that what we decide is what is truly best to help everyone, not just gain the temporary satisfaction of harming those we dislike.”
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 10:06:19 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 24, 2022, 10:08:26 pm »

"You heard but you didn't understand, probably 'cause you're a psycho and hear voices in your head or whatever you were screaming at dude about earlier. I didn't threaten you with anything; hell, I even offered to cart you off for medical assistance after the demons here got done rearranging your teeth because you thought you could talk them down. And speaking of, if it were possible to have talked him down beforehand, man, you sure did a shit job of it. Face it, Sawatari: if diplomacy was plan A, it fuckin' failed. Now we're on to plan B, which is those of us with the balls to do what's necessary kick the shit out of those that need kicking before things get worse."

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 24, 2022, 10:21:31 pm »

"Then can you see the consequences of your actions?"

"You're choosing to forget the window where Kaneko was a human. Before he drew out his own inner demon. Fantomas was not even present at the time, and I recall the very first thing that happened was you threatening him. Diplomacy never had a chance, because of you!"

"And do not equate our duty with vigilantism! The Onibi aren't sentient beings, and the Akuma is in an altered state of mind! Under any other circumstance, with any other Akuma who did not choose their fate willingly, we would see ourselves as saving them as well!"

"Justice is not what we do here and now. Justice is what happens afterwards, when he is apprehended by the police and, regardless of his sentence, socially ostracized for the rest of his life for committing terrorism! He is already the consequences of his actions, he does not need you!"

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 85