Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 70287 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 2: White Fields / Temple Garden
« Reply #660 on: March 23, 2022, 06:45:43 pm »

"I couldn't protect her. I couldn't watch out for her. I couldn't keep her secret hidden. I couldn't stop them from coming after her. I couldn't..."

Thoughts like this ran on repeat in Mori's head daily. Thoughts of failing. Thoughts of gambits that didn't pan out. Thoughts of plans that only ended up hurting more people than would have if he'd just stayed out of it.

It was thoughts like this that appeared on his phone when it vibrated without stopping. Thoughts that were the exact same as the ones that had been going through his head for years now. The only difference was now, he could blame them on someone else.

But right now, Sawatari Mori wasn't particularly interested in designating blame for his thoughts. He was more interested in a different one that had come to mind.

"OK. What now?"

He closed his eyes for a moment and tried to picture in his mind a certain voice, and a certain pattern of speech. Then, he spoke.

"Are you afraid, Sakurajima?" said a voice that seemed to echo up from around Sakurajima Kanna, "Scared that the truth is now out there? The secret you tried so hard and so long to hide is now in the hands of the very one you sought to protect from it? Yes, what you see around you, the monsters that seek to capture you, they are the pain of truth. But that isn't the end of it. Maybe this isn't what you wanted. There are good odds you'd have never gotten what you wanted anyway, most people don't, but in the world you were aiming for, by the time your secret was known, and we'd discovered if you'd gotten what you wanted or not, you'd be too dead and gone to know. But in this world, where you have failed to get what you wished for, you are alive. You can still walk forward, speak, and do what you can to heal the pain the truth has caused. Pain fades, or we get used to it, or maybe we don't. Point is, at this point, you don't really have a choice besides walking your ass forewords and telling Miyazono exactly how you feel, and hoping that maybe it takes away some of the sting. I promise I'll be behind you the whole way."
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 06:50:32 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 23, 2022, 07:12:35 pm »

"It's not impossible. One of our group can imitate forms and voices fairly easily. Stands to reason if one person can do it, someone else probably can too. Especially when it comes to weird shit like this Kaijin and Akuma business."

Proioxis turned her helmet back toward the factory.

"Anyway I'm tired of thinking. Let's start kicking ass."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 24, 2022, 06:07:23 am »

Tadano Team
Jin jumps at the idea of kicking some asses.
"Heh. Don't have to tell me twice. Kasuga, Honda, uh....Honda's buddies! Let's go!"

Suddenly, as if snapped out of their compulsion to fight each other, a group of Onibi approaches the party. Before anyone can react, however, Kazuya simply sighs.
"Don't worry about it. I'll handle it."
He snaps his fingers.
"Arise, Abe no Seimei!"
A haze shimmers all over Kazuya's body, a flash of light concealing him for a brief second. When the haze and the light disappear, what remains is a tall humanoid figure in blue robes, a porcelain fox mask concealing his face, a red kimono hidden by the larger robes.

He glances back at the group.
"Well, go on. I got this."

Jin and Akihiko share a glance, before Jin advances down further into the Domain, Akihiko trailing him with Saya.

Sakurajima Team
"I...."
"....you're right."
Kanna simply, quietly nods, before staying behind Tsukasa. The armored Kaijin sighs.

"Let's move. If my senses are right, the center of the Domain isn't far off. Your friend's pretty close."

Tsukasa heads off, catching up to Shiro....
As Shiro is further down the corridor, she is the first to see what might be the center of the Domain.

It appears to her to be a stage, seats lined up beyond it like an auditorium, extending as far as the eye can see. A piano sits, the cover on the keys, to the side, and a singular spotlight shines on a young man in the middle, kneeling on the floor, looking listlessly into the distance.

"....Sakurajima...."
"Wait!"

Tsukasa suddenly draws his blade, stopping right next to Shiro. Following his gaze, you see a cloaked, masked figure, leaning by the piano.

"....intriguing, isn't it?"
"You-!"
"W-who is that, Senpai?"
"....Sakurajima Kanna. The dying girl who taught this boy how to live. Is that right?"
"Keep her out of this, you bastard. She has NO PART in this!"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 24, 2022, 07:41:32 am »

He knew that voice. Where did he know that voice from?

He ran through a quick catalog, quickly eliminating everyone most of the people he spoke to on a regular basis, then the other members of the kaijin team, and moved into people he'd only spoken to a few times...

"The White Knight and the Princess of Calamity. And me, the Ocean King. A true triple threat."

Aegeaon? But it was obvious the figure before them wasn't him. No, Aegeaon looked like he could beat up Kasuga. This guy... he was in Mori's weight class, not that that meant he couldn't murder them all with freaky kaijin powers anyway. And anyway, that wasn't... quite it. He'd heard something even closer.

"...my, my. You....I have thought you would have become an Akuma and Akitsuki the Kaijin. But then...you were always the one to play hero."

He remembered seeing a scrawny figure in the mist before Aegeaon had stepped out. At the time, he'd thought it was just a person transforming into their Kaijin form. But in hindsight, the lack of a transformation invocation should have tipped him off.

"Gawain, I believe that toad is a shapeshifter," Mori stated, mimicking the Aegeaon voice to drive his point, "As he rather sounds a lot like the voice we heard coming from Aegeaon's mouth when he tried to murder Akitsuki."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 24, 2022, 06:08:53 pm »

The cloaked figure laughs.
"My, my. You've got some interesting theories."

Gawain simply nods at Mori's voice, not responding. Mori can almost feel the intent off Gawain's body. Whatever this person did to him, it was personal. And enough for Gawain to want to inflict immense harm besides.

The cloaked figure continues speaking, patting Otoya on the shoulder.
"But tell me. How will you fix this young man's heart, when Sakurajima takes her curtain call?"
"Miyazono, please don't listen to him!"
"....please, Kanna. I..I don't....he told me you were dying. I was scared, after all those rumours, after you fainted..."
"No use hiding it now, Sakurajima Kanna. This is the price of lies."
"I don't care that you didn't tell me. You had to have your reasons. I trust you."
Otoya clenches his fists.
"But....he promised that....he promised I could have the power to heal you."
"....Otoya..."
"Isn't it so tragic, Gawain? Pyrrha? Fan~to~mas~?"

The cloaked figure's face seems to twist into a grin, under the mask.

"You can't hide from me. That being said....am I really so evil? All Miyazono wants is to save the girl he loves. I have granted him the chance, and all he has to do is grasp it. Like we have grasped our power. With the power of a half-demon.....her curtain call might be delayed."

Gawain's grip on his sword visibly tightens.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 25, 2022, 12:20:28 am »

"He's right. He's talking about how the truth hurts. He's talking about how much it will hurt when she's gone. He's talking in theatre metaphors. He's saying what you were saying. Why be angry when he's just saying you're right?"

"I hate him."

The fiery feeling that had been burning in Mori ever since the start of this entire catastrophe... vanished. It felt like a fire inside of him had suddenly burnt out, and he suddenly was faced with a new sensation. All the cold, the chills, the shivering icy winds that had been absorbed into Fantomas's shadow reoccurred in full force. It was as if something sharp, hard, and oh so cold was pressing into his heart. Looking at the figure before him, the one who had forced him and the others into this whole Kaijin mess, who had tried to kill Saya after they'd rescued her, who had dragged Kanna and Otaya into this after them, who had pushed Otaya into becoming an Akuma, who tortured Kanna with all of this, and who had the audacity to smile from it, Mori realized he didn't want to hurt him. All those threats he'd made before, faded into nothing but the empty words they had always been. He did not want the figure before him hurt.

He wanted him dead.

All the anger left him with the heat. He wasn't angry anymore, because anger couldn't truly describe how he felt. This was an emotion he'd never felt before. He didn't have the impulsive wish to charge forward and fight, as he'd seen from others, just a cold and hard desire to do whatever he had to, endure any pain, just to make certain that the person before him was dead.

But there was something else he had to do first.

"Hiding, who's hiding? Mori asked, stepping out of Sakurajima's shadow and strutting forward like the star of the show.

"If I was hiding you wouldn't know where I was, that's what hiding is," he spoke like he was addressing a particularly stupid child, "Just like how, if I was pretending to be someone else... he clapped his hands and a shadow washed over him.

"...I wouldn't have gotten the voice wrong. Or, you know, spoken and drawn attention to myself before I transformed, inevitably drawing the action back to me in a humiliating way." He clapped his hands again and returned to his normal form.

"But, well, I guess when you teach a toad to speak, it having the ability to even try to mimic human voices is enough of an amazing discovery," he said, before pausing as if he'd had a sudden revelation, then his voice picked up with excitement, "You deserve a round of applause! Bravo! Bravo!' he clapped and cheered uproariously, then looked around and stopped, as if he'd only suddenly realized no one else was joining in.

"Anyway, since you had a chat with Otoya, I figure it'll only be fair if I get to talk to him a bit. You know, as someone with some experience chatting with a demon that offered me my heart's desire." he turned to Otoya and said, in his most flamboyant possible voice "What say thee, Otoya? Will you let this lying demon be the brutal angel on your shoulder?"

Without waiting for a response he stepped into the spotlight and leaned down to stare directly at Otoya's face.

"So, you see the first thing is-" He turned to look at all the other present, staring at him.

"Do... do you all mind? This is kind of supposed to be a private conversation. Just two dudes talking about stuff, like demons and shit like that." He stated, and gestured at the cloaked figure with his cane "Especially you, Mr. Toad. You had your chance to talk to Otoya and I didn't listen in, so if could just go and..." he paused and then stage whispered to Otoya "Hey, do you know what toads do? I don't know what toads do." then turning back to the figure ...uh, go... eat flies. Yeah, toads do that. Nailed it."

He turned Otoya around, away from the others, and draped part of his overcoat over the two of them, like a blanket fort. Then he continued as if the others couldn't hear him.

"Anyway, so first thing is, you're acting like a sanctimonious prick." Mori began "And I can say that, as, as I've been told many times, I'm a prick. But yeah, talking like you'll have these super awesome healing powers that'll totally fix everything. Like you're the only one who can heal? I mean, come on dude, I can heal, Gawain can heal, it's not really this whole big thing you need to make a deal with a creepy scrawny guy in a weird cloak to do. And, quick side note, have you looked at who exactly you're trusting right now? I mean, come on, you're a fine arts kid, you've been to a few of the plays, and even if not, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out his whole thing scream UNTRUSTWORTHY like an air raid siren. I mean, he's as subtle about it as the 1812 overture. But back on track, deals with creepy people and demons never really end well. You know, Akitsuki was in a situation a lot like the one you're in now. A demon offered her the power to protect Akihiko, she said yes, next thing you know she's trying to murder everyone. You really want to say 'Yessiree' to the kind of thing that makes the girl who runs the Helper's Club go off the deep end of the murder pool? I mean, even if it does give you healing powers, you got to ask what else it's gonna do. Might make you murder everyone in the school to add a year onto Sakurajima's life for each person you murder, or trap her in a cocoon for the rest of her life and kill anyone who comes near her. And that guy over there knows it. He tried to turn Kasuga into an Akuma to reek havoc on things, and when that didn't work, he tried to kill Akitsuki. All he seems to want is to make people hurt and suffer. You really think he's got your best interests in heart?"

He put his arm over Otoya's shoulder.

"Now, I'm not going to lie and say that turning down your inner demon is as simple as just saying 'No thanks. I'm good. Thanks for the offer though, have a nice day.' No, I had a demon try to sell me on something too. It's literally the deepest and darkest part of your mind, the part that knows all your secrets, offering you something to fill the biggest, deepest hole in your heart. I almost said yes. I mean, some days I wonder how I didn't, how I could have possibly turned it down. But other days I remember, and if it's not to vain, I think it's a pretty good reason."

He put both his hands on Otoya's shoulders, and looked him directly in the eyes, or as good as he could with Otoya's eyes closed.

"You're being offered a bandage for a bullet wound. What your demon offers you is going to feel real good at first, but then you're going to realize that it doesn't really fill that hole, and you're still bleeding out. All that bandage did was trick you into thinking you'd fixed the problem, leaving it to get worse. And there, poor fool, with all your lore, will you stand wiser than before? Maybe there is no fix to the problem, or maybe there is, but you're not going to find it while you're sitting around, convinced you already have. Come on Otoya, you're better than that. Now come on, show that damned toad you're not going to be his latest toy to hurt others, and let's go home."
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 12:43:37 am by Smoke Mirrors »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 25, 2022, 07:20:48 am »

The cloaked figure seems to grin bemusedly as Mori approaches.

Then he lets out a laugh, as Mori continues, before cutting him off at the end.
"Oh, Fantomas. You have....such a horrible way with words."

Otoya clenches his fists as Mori finishes.
"You could....have healed her? Why not before....why not now....."
"You talk like you understand what it's like....to lose someone....I've lost everything before. I....I'm not sanctimonious, I don't want to lose anyone else! It's...that's not fair. My mom, my dad.....and now her...."
"I...I can't lose her too! I won't lose her! Even if this is all I have left to try-!"
"Otoya!"

Suddenly, Otoya doubles over, collapsing to all fours, screaming, his hands scrabbling for the back of his neck. Before Gawain can stop her, Kanna runs over to him, trying to pick him up.

The cloaked figure is right behind Mori, masked face peering over his shoulder.
"Don't you know, Fantomas? The Akuma Seed amplifies your negative emotions, it just doesn't feed on them. You called him childish, a prick, a monster for such an innocent desire to keep his beloved close. You confirmed his worst fears. That the world would not stop until it had taken him up and squeezed him dry. That nothing he would ever do would be good enough to keep the one good thing in his life here. That he was a monster for wanting to hold on to the light above the depths."
"You fed it."

He slinks back over to the piano before Mori can retaliate.
"The Genius Cellist...you broke his heart. I can't say it's my fault he's like that now. You're not nearly as clever as you look. I was simply granting his wish, nothing more."

Gawain steps forward, sword drawn.
"You...I'll cut you down!"
"Chasing me for so long, Gawain....you're rather determined, aren't you? Chasing me in the hopes that it'll fix her....that's rather cute. And yet so plain to see through."
"How dare you....!"
"Maybe you and I can make a deal. It wouldn't be so difficult, would it?"
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 07:23:20 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #667 on: March 25, 2022, 08:15:56 am »

"Fantomas, you talk too much." She leveled her blade of light at the cloaked figure. "You're a lying bastard." She switched her pointing to Otoya, heedless of whether he could actually hear her right now. "And you shouldn't listen to any lying bastards." Pyrrha let the blade vanish for a moment. "Sakurajima, get away from him. He either doesn't need your help or needs help you can't give. Get out of here before you get hurt."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 25, 2022, 08:36:02 am »

"You made it worse. You fueled it. You hurt him. You hurt everyone. You can only hurt people. You are good at hurting people. You will never stop hurting people. You know he's right. You know you always fail when you help. You said it before. You know Akihiko is wrong.

"You tried. You didn't know."

Mori wanted to be angry right now, at someone. At himself, for failing again, and hurting Otoya further. At Otoya, for falling for the cloaked figure's deception. At Sakurajima, for waiting so long to tell Otoya and leading to this happening. At Gawain, for not stopping him. At the cloaked figured, for about 40 different reasons so far. But how could he be angry right now? How could he feel anything with that cold, hard feeling pressing into him, consuming everything?

Ignoring Akari, he looked at Andras and Gawain. Remembering the wooden kunai he'd made earlier, he let out a deep breath and willed something similar to appear in his hands. With a small bit of green smoke, he found himself holding a small wooden ball, about as big as a ball bearing.

He chucked it at Gawain's helmet, where it harmlessly bounced off with a satisfying "ping!"

"Hey, White Knight of Dipshit, if the evil mastermind is trying to specifically make you angry, it means his plan is much better off with you not thinking straight and distracted," Mori stated, "I think I've got an idea of what exactly he did to you, but I'll save that for later. In the short term, you're the only person here with more than an hour experience dealing with Akuma, and if you're to busy focusing on him to take part, this whole thing becomes much harder for the rest of us, which I think is what he wants. So if you wanna give Fantoadmas exactly what he's hoping for, then be my guest, but you don't seem to like him very much, so I don't think you want to lend him a hand there."

He then turned back to Otoya.

"Now, you. You have managed to artfully dodge every single part of my speech that was positive, hopeful, or otherwise talking about how much I respect you as a person and think you're way too smart to fall into something like this and only absorb the parts where I insulted you." Mori recapped, "I'll blame the akuma seed and not hold it too much against you. I also don't have much experience trying to build people up with words, so maybe I shouldn't have called you a prick, I'll file that for later. Anyway, as it obviously seems you're too far gone now for me to stop you from taking that demon deal, on to Plan B."

Mori gently, yet firmly, pushed Sakurajima away from Otoya, towards Pyrrha, and then placed his cane firmly on the ground, both hands on it, standing over the soon to be Akuma.

"I can't make miracles... yet, and there are a lot of things in this whole situation that I don't know, and have messed up, and will continue to mess up, over and over, for the foreseeable future. Nothing about this whole business comes naturally to me. When everyone else was enjoying the freedom their new forms gave them, I was stumbling under the weight of mine. But there are two things I feel strongly about that keeps me from giving up and telling the wannabe heroes that it's their problem now, and both of them are here with me now."

"The first, is developing my powers enough that I can do the same thing you're pushing towards, saving Kanna. You're not the only one in her corner, you know, though I'm sure you're her most ardent supporter. I can heal right now, but only small wounds, fixing up bruises and closing cuts, but I swore that I would work and push until I could really help people in need, until I'd save Sakurajima and Majima. And there's no easy way there, the path is filled with pain and suffering, but I'm willing to walk through it."

"The second is saving you, and every other poor soul who has a seed shoved in their neck and some toady prick comes along and pushes them to make a deal with the devil. And when asking nicely fails, it's time for plan B. So let it all out. Give me all the pain you've been holding in all this time. Give me every last drop of hurt I just gave you. Show me your fear of losing the ones you love, your hate for the world that won't stop taking and taking, your anger at those who try to stop you, your desperation for a chance, your sadness at having this secret hidden from you for so long, your envy of everyone else and their lives free of loss! Give it all to me, and I'll endure it all! And when you're done, when you've moved through all the pain, and hurt and fear and hate and anger and envy, I swear I will be there to drag you back out of your shadow and bring you back home! I will not fall until I've replaced this world with one where mankind can make miracles even in the depths of Hell!

"Now come on. If we have to fight, let's do it."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 25, 2022, 05:25:05 pm »

Sakurajima Team
The cloaked figure just breaks out in laughter.
"What dramatic speech! Where'd you learn that from, Kasuga? You don't understand a thing about the power you're given, do you? Not even your friend in white does. Or he wouldn't have wasted a year chasing me."

Gawain is clearly restraining himself from simply attacking him, right then and there. However, given he swats the ball out of the air without even flinching, he clearly isn't in the mood for Mori. Instead, he runs over to Kanna, pulling her back from Otoya, despite her protests.

"Us half-demons, us Kaijin....we alone stand above the rest of the world. We can achieve the miracles nobody else can. And you have the gall to insult and anger someone who sought that power for themselves? For a hero you're not very good at it, are you?"

He continues.

"The power to overturn the world....belongs only to those who are worthy of grasping it."

Otoya screams, black smoke beginning to enshroud him.
"Otoya! S-senpai! Please, let me-"
"You can't help him now! Leave it to us!"

"It seems the power did not find him worthy."

Tadano Team
"It's down here! Keep going!"

The group heads deeper and deeper into the Domain, the corridor warping between an industrial factory and an auditorium's backrooms, before the sounds of fists smashing into flesh can be heard.

The party arrives at a large room, fans rotating overhead, light pouring in from somewhere unknown through the vents. Machinery of unknown purpose can be found around the room. On the ground, Tadano can be seen, a little bloodied, pulling himself to his feet....

...and Koga standing between him and Kaneko, hands clearly slightly dirtied and bloodied. Kaneko's face is bruised, as he staggers back, shaking his head, having clearly just been struck.

"You got a real pair of hands on you, don't you, Prez?"
"Stay away from Riku. You won't know what hit you."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 26, 2022, 09:51:17 am »

"Damn, I guess you ARE into getting your ass beat by girls. If I'd known you were into it I would have let Kasuga handle you last time."

Mildred placed herself near Koga.

"Good job wailing on that scumbag, but we can take it from here if you want."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 26, 2022, 04:13:48 pm »

Vasusena had been studying the situation, plans racing through his head, all of them inadequate. He wanted to make the first move, but it was inevitable that Proioxis would instead.

Instead, he rushed to the injured Tadano's side, and drew his bow at Kaneko in a protective stance.

"End of the line. We've been informed of what you did to create this Domain, and we cannot let you put any more people in harm's way." He was at least able to put together a reasonable cover story to hide his identity. Unlike Mildred, he still wasn't really prepared for his personal and Kaijin identities to be the same. At least, if they didn't have to be.

"Do not worry, students. You're safe with us."
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 27, 2022, 04:37:48 pm »

"Everything in my life seems to be being solved by violence lately." Pixie muses. "On the other hand, it keeps being deserved."

« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 04:50:45 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 27, 2022, 08:30:11 pm »

"You make us sound barbaric, Pixie. All we're doing is excising the Akuma Seed from this young man. This duty of ours is a mercy... regardless of how he chooses to view it."

"His just deserts for his crimes as a human should be dealt by humans, not Kaijin. By public society, not vigilantism," he said pointedly towards Proioxis, before turning to Kaneko.

"That being said, I do agree... inside and outside of this world, you deserve a great deal and more for what you have done." He tried to keep his own personal rage out of his voice, but it could still be heard.
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 29, 2022, 03:50:00 pm »

Tadano Team
Daiya simply laughs.

"Don't worry, Honda. You'll get yours-"
He stops suddenly, his laugh warping into a yell of pain, as he collapses onto all fours, molten metal beginning to enshroud his skin.

Rise stumbles back.
"W-what's...happening?"
"He's turning into an Akuma! Koga-senpai, get away from him!"

Akihiko sprints towards Rise, Jin glancing around to back him immediately, only for a massive fist to surge out of the molten mass of metal that was Daiya, made of metal and covered in wicked spikes, as an armored being emerges from the mass, clad in red and grey, spikes and thorns erupting all over their massive armored body.

"Now this....feels right."

Before Akihiko can do much of anything, Daiya -or the Akuma occupying his form- picks him up by the neck, stopping his charge dead.

"Kasuga!"
"Akkun!"

"How would you like me to humiliate you like you did to me a year ago? Nobody even gave me the time of day after you were done beating us up! What right has some upstart like YOU interfering in our business?"

He smashes Akihiko into the ground, leaving a visible dent as his fist is wrapped tightly around Akihiko, the young man struggling. Daiya snaps his fingers, before metal tendrils erupt from the ground, lifting Rise away, wrapping around her.

"You, the Prez.....you ruined me. You ruined everything me and Sasanuma had going. And then you turned Sasanuma soft."
"W-what-?!"
"I'm gonna make you pay for it all, KASUGA!"

Suddenly, Saya collapses to the ground, her hand shooting to the back of her neck.
"U-uh?!"
"I thought we....oh no...."
Her eyes shut, clearly pained.

However, in the corner, the unconscious Riku seems to stir....

Sakurajima Team
Suddenly, unprompted, Otoya lets out a pained yell, echoing through the empty auditorium, as the black smoke fully envelops him, forming a large, barely-humanoid shape.

When the smoke dissipates, the resulting Akuma towers over even Gawain. A small upper torso can be seen above, hooded and robed in black, a white mask stained with constant tears running down the sides over a black mass of nothingness and shadow. The torso is perched upon a translucent orb of stained glass, images of Sakurajima revolving around it, and within, the shape of Otoya, curled in a fetal position, can be seen silhouetted within, suspended in some unseen medium illuminating the inside of the orb.

"....please, let me save her...."

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 85