Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 70194 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 1: Bright Moonfall
« Reply #315 on: December 28, 2021, 11:46:19 pm »

"We got out alive, it seems." Pixie muses as she finally lands, a ripple of electricity and a gust of wind heralding her reversion to the form of man...

...Whereapon she immediantly staggers, going pale. "Oh powers, did I-I... I really said all that stuff?" Misa says faintly, looking half an inch from falling over before managing to glance over at Mildred.

Visibly working her nerve up for a moment, Misa tells Mildred that... "She's only here because she saw I was in pain, that neck thing, and tried to see if I needed help."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #316 on: December 29, 2021, 01:29:21 am »

The dark, armored figure glowed white for a moment; when it faded, the heiress had replaced it.

"If you did know that guy, it sounds like he needs a certain amount of extracurricular education." Shiro moved her hands as if she were going to crack her knuckles, but stopped as she realized she wasn't in her preferred company.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 29, 2021, 08:20:27 am »

"No, no, you don't understand! This isn't like him!"
"You saying, some kind of imposter?"
"Maybe? ....what, exactly, is an imposter?"
"....you're not serious, right?"
"Serious? Why wouldn't I be?"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 29, 2021, 10:03:48 am »

"A person pretending to be another person. Also known as a doppelgänger. To use in a sentence, if I shapeshift into Masaru and pretend to be him, I would be an imposter of Masaru.”"
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 29, 2021, 10:20:52 am »

"Then yes, someone is pretending to be him! I'm sure of it!"
"....don't think you're....what's your name?"
"They gave me the name Chiyo."
"Chiyo....that sounds like my grandma's cat. Uh...yeah, Chiyo doesn't sound like she's lying. Of course, without seeing what her friend's like.....I've got nothing to go on."
"Um...we can meet them, if you'd like. It'll take a bit for me to set up a meeting, but....."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #320 on: December 29, 2021, 12:14:08 pm »

"'They' gave you the name? Who is 'they?'"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 29, 2021, 02:56:37 pm »

Vasusena was consumed in a white light, before his armor desolved and returned to the world Masaru. He nearly reached for the door before remembering the company he was with. Besides, the thought of that "Ocean King" completely negating his un-negatable attack still consumed him.

"If what we fought was falsifying its identity... perhaps it was falsifying its invulnerability, as well?"

"The idea of a completely intangible assailant is absurd. If it could not be acted upon, then it could not possibly have been able to act upon us. Additionally, if there was truly anything there, my arrow would have made contact with it. No question about it."

"Sawatari, you are training to become a professional deceiver. Does any of this sound possible?"

"I do not have sufficient data to say this with confidence, so we will need to reconnect with Gawain and Scathach to hear their longer experience, but... perhaps he simply was not there to begin with, and the magic we saw came from elsewhere."
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 29, 2021, 03:39:22 pm »

"So who is it, Chiyo?"

It was obvious Mildred intended to give whoever it was the business as soon as she found them.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 07:17:43 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 29, 2021, 04:00:31 pm »

"A. It's called 'theatre', Judge Hathorne." Mori replied, stepping out of Akihiko's shadow. He removed his mask from his face and it faded into silvery mist as a shadow overtook him. When the shadow faded, he was back to his normal form.

"B. Yeah. Illusions, holograms, various things can make an intangible image. With our limited knowledge of what can be done by Kaijins, nothing can really be called impossible. By the same logic, your immediate denial of the possibility that they were intangible is actually more absurd than the possibility itself. I mean, I'm capable of stepping into people's shadows. I'd call that pretty absurd."
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 09:58:20 am by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 29, 2021, 08:42:30 pm »

For Shoji, the girl was rather ill prepared for being pushed out of the realm, falling face first onto the floor, her armor quickly dissipating and failing to protect her as she fell. For a few moments, Shoji simply laid where she was, groaning lightly as she listened to everything going around her before eventually pushing herself off the floor, a hand going up to her nose as she inspected it for any damage. She didn't have too much to add right now... In fact, she was still trying to wrap her head around everything that happened. For what was essentially one minute, there was a lot Shoji had to unpack.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 31, 2021, 11:56:43 am »

"The ones who found me. In a Domain. I know one of them, I stay with her sometimes. She's called Hanako. The other one, I've never seen them in their....non-Kaijin form. He calls himself Aegeon. He and Hanako are very close."

The knocking continues. A voice calls through the door.
"Akitsuki? Akitsuki, are you in there?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #326 on: December 31, 2021, 04:00:06 pm »

"Uh-huh." The answer only raised more questions, but there was another issue to address first. She turned and opened her mouth to call to the person knocking on the door, then thought better of it, instead giving Akihiko a questioning look.
GM of Trespassers V2.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 31, 2021, 04:12:07 pm »

Mildred looked at Shiro and shrugged.

"I ain't opening this door until all of you are looking normal."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 31, 2021, 04:17:16 pm »

Akihiko looks over at Chiyo.
"....something bugs me about what she just said, but....it doesn't feel like she's lying."
Then Shiro. Akihiko looks between her, Aika and Chiyo.
"...hold the door. I recognise that voice. That's Kirishima from the Computer Club. Saya, you know why she wants us?"
"No idea."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 31, 2021, 04:45:50 pm »

"Thank you for waiting, Honda-san.  Let's see..."

And with a whirl of the sea breeze, the form of Otohime was carried away, leaving only Suzuki Aika in her place.  To her credit, even pushed, she caught herself on the landing back in the real world with no less grace than her kaijin self could have managed, with only a few deep breaths showing any sign of exertion.

"Hm, hm~  Okay, everything's where it should be, and I don't think anything that shouldn't be blue is.  So, now~"

"All this stuff is kinda crazy.  But Kasuga-san is right, and either way, we really ought to give Chiyo the benefit of the doubt.  If she's worried about her friend, then she should be supported, and heroic-types would make sure everything goes okay."

"You all seemed pretty committed to that heroism stuff, so~ It's important to hold to your commitments, right?"

"Personally, I'm not really cut out for fighting.  I'm not sure I can handle more rocks being thrown at my head.  And, more than that, I have other really important commitments, too.  But I owe Chiyo for stepping in, so I'll help her, even if I think I might have to pass on the rest of this superhero stuff beyond just letting the rest of you know I'm cheering for you.  Which reminds me~"

The chatty idol spun, beaming over at Chiyo.

"You said you stayed with that guy and some other girl, right?  I dunno if you have another place, but grandma has an extra room, if you want it, and she's always happy to have visitors.  Offering that much is the least I can do, Neko-san~  Though, unless you like fish as much as a cat, you might get sick of it before too long.  She always cooks too much."

Turning back around, she nodded to Mildred.

"Now~!  Should we see what Kirishima-san wants?  We've been sitting here a while, and I should get back to my friends soon.  Longer I stick around here, the longer Kaede will have to come up with crazy theories about why I suddenly vanished into thin air mid-conversation."
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 04:48:36 pm by Lucus Casius »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 85