Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 70186 times)

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 1: Bright Moonfall
« Reply #285 on: December 23, 2021, 02:37:34 pm »

Yui didn't bother to respond to that. However, someone else responded in return. From within Yui, that is.

Well, if you're staining your skirt after all, then I guess I could fill in those shoes you refuse to wear. There's comfort in rejection after all.
Shut it.
My, feisty. The only reason I'm still observing this instead of taking over, this is truly not dull.
You're just making excuses for your inability to hijack me now after we became Kaijin. No need to bluff.
A bluff, you say? My, truly, truly, no dull moment with you. I could play with an open hand, but then it's over for you, because once I take over... Let's just say that Akuma are very stingy with their Return Policy. But if you want...
N-no!
I knew your don't-care attitude's a bluff. And yet you accuse me of bluffing yourself. The weaknesses of humans are really hilarious to observe.
... That they are.
Pardon?
I've seen human weakness repeatedly in the past. Which I felt unable to mend. Something I find hilarious too... not by laughing at them. But by laughing at myself. And since you're something like my inner demon, you should know that best. And you represent that. Not my hatred at the world. But my pity at myself.
... You think I'm that shallow?
What?

In that moment, Akihiko's hand on her shoulder put her focus back into reality. Or, at least, this Akuma-dominated world they're currently in. At the mention of Sasanuma, she slowly turned towards him.
"... Wait, you... ... You were the one who confronted the football team?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 23, 2021, 02:47:22 pm »

At that, Akihiko pauses, before coughing.
"Uh...slip of the tongue. Don't worry about it, Aiuchi, I-"

"Yeah. It was Akkun."

Akihiko turns to see Saya, awake, walking unsteadily towards him. He runs to her, supporting her with his large frame, allowing her to use him for support.
"S-Saya! I...she didn't need to-"
"She....she should know it was you. You're always taking on that kind of pain without thinking about yourself, you know? You wonder why I felt like I needed to protect you, that's why."
Saya looks towards Yui.
"Yeah. Akkun fought the football team. Him and Mildred. They tried to jump him after he stopped them from coming after you. I....well, it's part of the reason I'm here, really. I've always felt bad I couldn't do anything about that...."
"...don't thank me, Aiuchi. It was nothing special. Just what needed to be done. And Saya....I'm sorry. I never realised you felt that way, but...."
"....I understand. You and I think the same way, you know?"
She smiles weakly, but brightly.
"It's what the Helper's Club is for, right? Helping people."
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 02:51:40 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 23, 2021, 03:06:19 pm »

"Akitsuki-san... ... Akihiko-san..."

She stood still for a few seconds, frozen, her thoughts racing.

"... You idiot!"

Yui suddenly stepped forward, spread her arms... and gave Akihiko a hug. A very clumsy one, considering she wears an oversized suit of armor and Akihiko himself was also armored. But still, an attempt was made.

"Maybe it was nothing special for you, but it was for me! Still is! People stopped going after me! Other people finally began to see me for more than just a country girl not used to city life! I made friends! YOU did that! YOU made that possible! And, and, and, we could have been friends for a whole year by now, too, if you just spoke up!"

As sudden as the hug got initiated, as abrupt the hug got ended.

"... What I'm saying is... ... Everything people do... can be special. Even if you don't see it like that... ..."

Yui looked down at her hands.

"Everything... we do..."

She clenched her fists for a second before looking up.

"I'm... I'm just overwhelmed with this new situation... The last time I was part of an Akuma's attack, I was a victim... And this time, I... ... Look. I just need some time. Some time to think about it all. That's all I'm asking for. That, that is alright. Right?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 23, 2021, 03:14:26 pm »

Akihiko grunts as Yui hugs him. He awkwardly returns the hug.
"Really, it...it wasn't anything. Anyone would've done that. Anyone should've. I didn't speak up because it wasn't important I did. More important they left you alone."
"Akkun, you really are too modest...but, then again, you never liked taking credit for stuff like that."
"....yeah. It's alright for you to think about it. Nobody's going to force you. Least of all me."

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 23, 2021, 03:33:03 pm »

Masaru had a lot to respond to, had he not been in agonizing pain. Sawatari's continued insults, Otohime's "surprise" that he held his position... and this new responsibility he was given. Frankly, he simply did not have the time for all this. Between his endless studies both in and out of his education, as well as the Student Council, a new priority that would be impossible to schedule around was incredibly troublesome. Not to mention, a number of the students that had joined him he'd rather not be associated with. And yet...

"Well, I, for one, am not planning to make any of the same mistakes this troublemaker Kasuga made."

"For one, I, Demura Masaru, plan on taking full credit for my own deeds-to-be. After this Akuma crisis is solved, that is. And for that, I cannot let a delinquent and a half take all of the glory for themselves in the battles to come! Count me in."
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 23, 2021, 03:35:26 pm »

"And they say I'm annoying and talk too much." Mori replied.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 23, 2021, 03:36:12 pm »

Akihiko just groans.
"Take all the credit for all I care. I don't wanna deal with all the publicity."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 23, 2021, 03:42:35 pm »

"Well that's why people like me exist, to make sure publicity goes to the right people."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 23, 2021, 04:05:39 pm »

"Forgive me if I cannot trust you to handle that assignment fairly, Sawatari."

"That said, do not misunderstand me. I do not intend to be some hands-off official who does nothing besides press their name onto everything that gets passed during their term. I will only take credit for my own accomplishments." Masaru paused, before turning to the rest of the group. "I only wish to get what I will deserve. No more, no less. I simply plan on deserving as much as I possibly can. You all see if I don't."
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 23, 2021, 04:10:51 pm »

"... I..." Shoji started, trailing off as she thought hard about the decision in front of her. Only for a moment, however, before the girl rose to her feet again, rejuvenated thanks to Mori's help, "I'm not stepping down now. I... Don't think I can anyway, but I won't. I did promise to help as much as I could Kasuga-san" she stated. She did promise herself that nearly a year ago, and truthfully, she felt a draw to this kind of stuff. It felt unreal, and sort of... Superhero like.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #295 on: December 23, 2021, 04:31:28 pm »

"This is just going to be more of a pain if I ignore it, so I suppose I can keep helping out. Plus I need to correct some assumptions about who's the best fighter here."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 23, 2021, 10:59:41 pm »

"This really is one of the old stories come to life, isn't it?" Pixie muses.

"Well, right and wrong, those are words easy to say. They're less easy to do. But if someone's trying to kill a classmate of mine, I'll be there. I don't like some of them, but if being a jerk was enough to be worth killing people over I'd never run out of dead bodies."

"Like, my cousins alone would probably take all week..."

"But I promised myself I'd stop waiting for someone else to save me. Taking action isn't just something you can just put down, once you've started." Pixie concludes with a shake of her head.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 24, 2021, 09:32:44 am »

Then suddenly...
"Akkun, look out!"
Akihiko's head swivels suddenly to the left as a pair of icy daggers soar through the air. While they are flying in Akihiko's direction, they seem to be aimed at Saya, next to him. Without missing a beat, Akihiko throws himself in front of Saya, the daggers embedding themselves in his shoulder. The young man hisses, standing back up, the daggers beginning to melt from the heat emanating off his body.

He whips around to stare at their would-be attacker, hidden in icy mists.
"...my, my. You....I have thought you would have become an Akuma and Akitsuki the Kaijin. But then...you were always the one to play hero."

For a brief moment, the shadow in the mists appears to be a short, small figure. In the blink of an eye, the shadow turns into a hulking figure, the mist clearing as a figure in blue armor, a blank faceplate with a single, purple eye, staring down at them, four arms protuding from their shoulders, each one equipped with a knife.
"....I came too early. That Akuma is a threat. Let me get rid of them."

Akihiko runs at them, fist surging with flames.
"The only way you're getting your hands on Saya is over my dead body! Bring it!"
"Wait! Kasuga!"

The figure extends one arm at Akihiko, before ice crystals erupt from the ground in a rapidly approaching line towards Akihiko, knocking the boy off of his feet and backwards. Saya runs to him.
"Akkun!"
"...hm. Not as tough as you look."

Chiyo seems to be in shock.
"....wait. It can't be....you, can it?"
The figure stares at Chiyo right back, and freezes.

"....I didn't expect you to be here. Dammit. It seems I'll have to get rid of you too."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 24, 2021, 10:19:34 am »

So much to process at once, so once more, Mori's body moved before his mind could stop it.

The pain fading as another wave of adrenaline flooded in, he dashed over to Saya, picked her up and shot some kind of spell at the new blue kaijin, buffeting them in a thick purple fog.

"Cover my exit!" he shouted, as he made a mad dash into the school building, Saya in his arms.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 24, 2021, 11:42:29 am »

"On it!"

Raising her arms, Mildred picked up several nearby objects with the wind (a garbage can, several cobblestones, a bench) and hurled them all at the new intruder. As soon as she launched them, she was right behind them, running in with a wild haymaker.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 85