Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 70183 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 1: Bright Moonfall
« Reply #300 on: December 24, 2021, 12:28:46 pm »

Despite the new attacker's size, they are almost inhumanly agile. A hail of icy knives pierces through the fog, slicing through and barely missing Mori, stopping his attempt to pick up Saya as they embed themselves into the ground in front of Mori. The newly arrived Kaijin barrels through, and Mildred clearly sees one or two of the objects she throws at him hit, but she can't tell if they bounced off him or passed through him. For her troubles, Mildred gets thrown back as the Kaijin throws out a massive burst of ice, Mildred's charge being stopped dead by the ice.

The Kaijin continues his unstoppable charge, Akihiko barely pulling himself to his feet in time to hurl a fireball at him. The Kaijin barely even flinches.
"Just give up. You can't even-"

Suddenly, a trail of embers shaped like cherry blossom petals sweeps across the Domain, as Gawain's sword bursts aflame, the Kaijin barely stopping in time to avoid a burst of flame from the White Knight of Mishima, the white Kaijin's cape bursting into flame behind him. The blue Kaijin drops some of their knives to instead gesture to the ground below Gawain, shadows beginning to form, only for Scathach to charge at the newcomer, armblades glowing with purple energy, forcing them to back off.

Gawain turns back to the others. Suddenly, you are aware of the Domain beginning to crack. Golden cracks begin to skitter across the Domain's landscape, and the sides begin to crumble, revealing a reddish black void where whatever comprises the Domains once was.
"The Domain is falling apart! Get out of here! The exit is near one of the classrooms on the third floor! One with a billboard in front of it!"
"He's stronger than you are! We can take him! Go!"
"T-that's the....Helper's Club room! Guys, follow me!"

The blue Kaijin simply lowers his knives, beginning to stalk around them, looking for a way to get to Chiyo and Saya.
"The White Knight and the Princess of Calamity. And me, the Ocean King. A true triple threat."
He laughs.
"Don't act so heroic. I can handle you two. I've done it before."

Saya immediately grabs Akihiko's hand, managing to pull him over with surprising strength.
"Akkun! Let's go!"
"Saya! ....dammit. Let's get out of here!"
Saya manages, despite Akihiko's increased mass, to pull Akihiko into the school. The red Kaijin's unseen eyes remain on the blue Kaijin, however, being held off by the other two veterans. Chiyo barely manages to stumble in after, still in shock.
"...no way he'd....do something like this. Right?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 24, 2021, 12:31:53 pm »

"Damn it! I'll be back, you piece of shit!"

With a growl of annoyance, Mildred followed the others into the school.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 24, 2021, 12:38:27 pm »

"Well shit, guess that’s just what happens when I try to do something heroic." Mori replied, as he ran into the school.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 24, 2021, 12:47:37 pm »

"Well, time to go go go." Pixie decides with a toss of lightning at the newcomer.

Glancing at the school, Pixie flies past the runners and right up to the third floor and crashes through one of the windows.

"I'll find the exit, so listen for my call!" Misa tells the others as she flies.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 24, 2021, 01:07:57 pm »

"'Too early?' Is this your first day in this line of work? Because if anything, you're tardy. The Akuma has already been vanquished, by our hand."

"But if you plan on assaulting any of our students, then as a member of the Student Council, I request that you stand down or face the consequences."

As Vasusena spoke, his ear-pieces began to dissolve into a golden light surrounding him, which he drew into a single golden arrow. He'd been saving it for the perfect occasion, the missile which always felled its mark, as he drew the arrow into his bow and fired at the monstrous kaijin.

"My world has no use for you! Now die!"

Vasusena uses Ultimate Sacrifice, and fires a single perfect Sonic Arrow against Aegaeon, before joining the others and fleeing.
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 25, 2021, 04:12:15 pm »

The arrow lands perfectly on Aegaeon. Or it should. But, like Mildred, Masaru notices something about his projectile. About how it acts when it hits Aegaeon.

Specifically, it passes through him, the spot where it lands briefly sparking like the static on an old television, before the arrow sinks itself behind him, as if Vasusena's shot had passed through thin air.

Scathach takes notice of this, her armblades flaring purple, and charging directly at the Kaijin, and that is the last sight you see before entering the school.

Pixie, meanwhile, manages to crash into the same room Saya indicated; as Saya said, it was the Helper's Club room, judging by the cheerful drawings and sayings on the whiteboard. Meanwhile, the fleeing Kaijin -and Saya- manage to throw themselves into the classroom at roughly the same time Pixie arrives. Both of them find, as the Domain disintegrates behind them, that an ornate door begins to form out of thin air in front of them. The door resembles a traditional sliding door, an elegant tapestry of moons and stars across the door.

"Must be the exit. Come on, let's go!"
Akihiko throws the sliding door open, blinding light obscuring the other side.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 25, 2021, 05:08:00 pm »

"Kasuga, you get Akitsuki out of here first. I'll be the last one out."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 25, 2021, 10:02:14 pm »

"Absolutely cheap ass hacks bullshit." Mori muttered under his breath as he pushed Aika and Shoji through the door and then followed behind them.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 25, 2021, 11:08:01 pm »

"He was... right there, was he not?"

Masaru hardly had the time in the moment to react to the rogue Kaijin's abilities as he joined the others, but seeing what he knew as the ultimate attack become completely sidestepped...

"Not my words, Sawatari, but for once, I agree with you."

"That was a kaijin, was it not? The same class of beings as you and I and Scathach? If we have limits, so must he. Then how..."

"But that is a matter for when we have time. Hurry!" He spoke as if directing it to those around him, but ultimately it was meant for himself.
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 26, 2021, 02:17:28 pm »

"Who cares if he's really here or not? What matters is that we're not here anymore!" Misa declares as she follows Mori through the doors.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #310 on: December 26, 2021, 09:17:32 pm »

"I'm still gonna kick the shit out of that guy next time I see 'em." Shiro followed the others through the door, grumbling about their opponent as they went.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 27, 2021, 09:27:11 am »

The party enters the door, Akitsuki going through first, and Mildred and Akihiko shoring up the backline. The Domain disintegrates right behind Akihiko and Midlred as they exit, the final bits crumbling into the reddish-black void of the other world...
The party finds themselves, as Saya confirmed, in the Helper's Club classroom. This time, the sounds of students having their lunch can be heard outside, everyone entirely oblivious to the things that have just occured to the group. The door the party has just gone through is nowhere to be seen. The sky is no longer the sickly blue it was in the Domain, a too-large moon shining over the school on a pale night, the rest of the city shrouded in fog. No, Mishima District, including the Mishima Tower, can be seen now, and the sun is shining in the sky. You are back home, for all that matters.

The clock at the top of the whiteboard tells you that not even a minute has passed in this world. Akihiko closes his eyes, and his demonic form dissipates into red mist, disappearing into thin air. Gone is Ibaraki-Douji, and returned is Kasuga Akihiko. He grabs a chair, slumping into it, breathing heavily as the adrenaline wears off.
"....that was.....a thing."

Across the rooftops on the building across, you can see Scathach and Gawain giving chase to the blue Kaijin, the Kaijin's form flickering in the sunlight. They disappear down the side of a building, away from the sight of others.

Chiyo rests against a wall.
"....I'm thankful you all made it out but....."

You also hear a knock on the door to the classroom.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 27, 2021, 12:06:22 pm »

Without thinking, Mori stepped into Akihiko's shadow.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 28, 2021, 02:46:26 am »

With a poof of wind enveloping her body, Mildred was suddenly back to her normal self.

"I can't believe that guy got away from us. He seemed like a real jackoff; you know, the Sasanuma type."

Mildred looked out the window to see if there was any lingering evidence of the fight they'd just had; lord knew she'd torn up most of the courtyard trying to get at that blue Kaijin. After the quick check, she turned to Chiyo and, keeping her eyes on her, started toward the door to answer it.

"You know that guy? Sounded like you did."

She rested her hand on the doorknob, waiting for an answer before opening it.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 02:04:38 am by SeriousConcentrate »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 28, 2021, 07:04:41 pm »

Chiyo frowns.
"He's....a friend, but....I didn't know he was the vigilante. When could he have been the vigilante?"
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 85