Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 3  (Read 33479 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 2
« Reply #510 on: December 01, 2021, 04:46:26 pm »

I just realized my entire reason for thinking Roden was scum is flawed. My immortality is passive. I pmed Meph for an ability I didn’t even have to activate  :'(
... Big sigh. So, back to where we were then: It's one of Useless or Tric. Or do you still think it's Roden now?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 01, 2021, 04:48:58 pm »

Hah.. Knightwing..

K, so from my side it would be Vector/UselessMcMiner, or still Roden covering mafia. However, Toony still didn't get the claimed message?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 01, 2021, 04:52:48 pm »

I just realized my entire reason for thinking Roden was scum is flawed. My immortality is passive. I pmed Meph for an ability I didn’t even have to activate  :'(

Ok, that makes the game easier, thanks for checking for us.
I know you've probably got another ability, but you need to keep quiet about that.  Make sure you know how to use it, whatever it is, alright?  Send a PM to Meph about it.

So now that Roden isn't scum, who is?

Also, in a game of mafia, we're playing a bunch of angry villagers engaging in mob justice.  This game's setting is different, but I still imagine anyone throw out of the Sacred Hut gets killed by angry villagers outside of our view.  Evil men wear nice suits.  Good guys are ragged and angry.  Which describes Toonyman?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 01, 2021, 04:54:00 pm »

Thanks for the heads up Knightwing. I'm home now but I'm doing stuff with someone first. I'll take this into consideration today.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 01, 2021, 04:54:37 pm »

However, Toony still didn't get the claimed message?
No.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 01, 2021, 05:48:20 pm »

Oh for fuck's sake...thanks for clarifying, but man this was throwing me off.

Ok, so now we're back to five night actions and four players who acted. Ninja is still possible but not required to make sense of what happened last night. Same goes for Multitasking. The more likely option that we're back to is that somebody who claimed an action actually just killed. There is at least one mafia within the four active players, but I think it's just one, and that the other is someone who didn't claim to act.

My suspicion is back on McMiner. I've nicknamed his role a TOS/Town of Salem Jailor since it seems to effectively be the same as from that game. Though in TOS you don't just have a private chat and a choice to execute, you also Roleblock them, give them protection from other roles with kill actions, and your shot always kills and pierces through defenses. McMiner isn't including any of that. It's possible he's telling a half truth, and that he's mafia who can set up a temporary private chat with another player while also having access to the factional kill. Idk, but we need to hear more from him.

I'm also willing to reveal my second ability, but only if Toony reveals his as well. McMiner preferably as well but I also just want him to start talking in general.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 01, 2021, 05:54:40 pm »

@Roden:
You're wrong, and I think you're probably wrong for malicious reasons. I think your most likely partner is Tric or Useless. Web is technically possible but I really don't have the energy to post 100 times arguing with them, thankfully I don't think they're mafia this time! I would prefer your demise over anyone else currently, although I will try to determine you're mafia for sure today since we still have time and room for error.

Wait, if Jack and Toony are double voters, how is today not over? That should've been a hammer. The vote count doesn't even acknowledge extra votes here.
There doesn't appear to be normal hammers. I'll put the vote back.

And yeah, it seems Meph is just counting people's votes, not their actual value. Hence "counting stones".

Roden
Wait, was I actually right with my accusation? Lol wow, Toony this is just a "fighting for survival" post, not a solving one. You're just choosing to discredit and shade me instead of trying to solve my alignment and use my provided info to figure out what happened last night. "You're wrong and you're scum" is just a bad faith argument that doesn't actually dispute anything I said.

What's unfortunate here is that none of my actions this game have historically fallen into my scum range. I wouldn't hard bus like this, so those accusations don't make a lot of sense for anyone saying I'm trying to bus one of Toony or McMiner. I stalled out claiming because I had a plan, otherwise I would have claimed right away as I always have since I've never felt the need to make up fake claims. And probably most damming at all, I'm accusing you Toony when there's so little momentum to vote you out. You're telling me I decided to go against you, who I know is a strong player and better at arguing than me, as my mislynch option? Instead of just, you know, night killing you like most scum teams have been doing?

Furthermore, why aren't you questioning McMiner even though you proved his claim is wrong? Why are both of you ignoring each other even though your night interactions were extremely suspicious?

ToonyMan

@Tric: Let's try something here. You think I'm mafia, right? Suppose I get lynched today, and I flip town. My information is undeniably confirmed at that point. How do you make use of my information at that point? Who do you suspect?
I'd still like for Toony and Tric to respond to these posts.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 01, 2021, 06:09:23 pm »

At that point it would be Vector lying, or McMiner lying. So I would target Vector with my ability, then if McMiner didn't shoot me go from there. If two people died that night, he may be cleared. If not, then I'd use my results to prov

... An issue with going into my plans is that mafia will shoot someone, and if the one I investigated is dead there isn't anything I can do. If McMiner is town, he's dead tonight unless we have someone who can protect him. If he's mafia then I or Vector are dead tonight. In the latter cases leaving it a me vs them situation.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 01, 2021, 06:32:06 pm »

At that point it would be Vector lying, or McMiner lying. So I would target Vector with my ability, then if McMiner didn't shoot me go from there. If two people died that night, he may be cleared. If not, then I'd use my results to prov

... An issue with going into my plans is that mafia will shoot someone, and if the one I investigated is dead there isn't anything I can do. If McMiner is town, he's dead tonight unless we have someone who can protect him. If he's mafia then I or Vector are dead tonight. In the latter cases leaving it a me vs them situation.
You're fucking investigating Vector, or I'm never unvoting you.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 01, 2021, 06:38:43 pm »

So you can kill him tonight web?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 01, 2021, 06:39:05 pm »

For that matter. How are you even alive?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 01, 2021, 06:40:18 pm »

So you can kill him tonight web?
Them.

Vector is a THEM.

THEM.

Say them. Fucking say them, I'm stopping the game until you call Vector them.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 01, 2021, 07:24:52 pm »

Sorry Vector.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 01, 2021, 08:03:05 pm »

The Counting Stones
EuchreJack: 1: Vector
Roden: 1: Knightwing64
TricMagic: 2: UselessMcMiner, webadict
UselessMcMiner: 1: TricMagic

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 01, 2021, 08:09:35 pm »

Tric, do you know why inspecting Vector is the optimal move for you?

There's several reasons:

The first is that Vector is supposedly on your suspicion list. If Vector dies, then guess what: Vector is no longer a suspect! Huzzah! That's literally beneficial for you, right?!
The second is that if you die, you're ALSO not a suspect anymore! I know that's a baffling concept to you, but sometimes being alive is actually worse for the game than being dead. You're hella suspicious, so if you're dead, well then you've done your job by removing a suspect.
The third is that there's really only 3 possible inspect targets for you: Vector, ToonyMan, and UselessMcMiner. Unfortunately, the only way you're inspecting ToonyMan is over UselessMcMiner's dead body, and if you claim inspecting ToonyMan and UselessMcMiner's Town? You're getting voted out immediately. It's not even possible otherwise. You're literally so goddamn suspicious that it won't matter. It basically signals that you're partners with ToonyMan.
The fourth is that you can actively choose a target IF AND ONLY IF the execution target Today is scum. There is--And you better truly take this to heart because I don't know how you cannot grasp the concepts I'm trying to give you--NO WAY ANYONE WILL BELIEVE YOU ARE TOWN IF SCUM DOESN'T FLIP TODAY. You only have one shot. Because if the vote target is Town, then you can still easily do your targeting while a partner kills. It's really that simple.

So, to reiterate why you should target Vector: You're trying to prove you didn't kill anyone. If Vector dies, then WHY DOES THAT MATTER TO YOU?! Someone's gonna die Tonight! You should honestly hope it's you if you're Town!

But, do not worry, Vector isn't dying Tonight. I'm dying Tonight. I'm going to be stealing a vote, and the Mafia will kill me no matter what. That's rife with WIFOM. I've also been keeping things in check. I've been trying to clear Townies. I've been trying to do everything I can to help Town win. If I have to die to win, I'll do it. That's why I'm leaving behind everything I can Today.

I ask why you deserve to live because it's philosophical understanding of your role in the game. Why do I deserve to live? The lazy answer is that I'm Town. But lazy answers don't cut it in this game. I have to be more than Town. I have to find scum, or else. There is no other answer that will work. I feel like you don't understand that, and it truly saddens me, because if you think people are scum because they think you're scum, then you're going to be actively sabotaging your own efforts.

Prove you deserve to live more than UselessMcMiner or ToonyMan, and you will.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 48