Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 3  (Read 33559 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 2
« Reply #480 on: December 01, 2021, 12:50:46 pm »

So, I'm going to UNVOTE because it benefits town to have my double vote tomorrow, and because maybe it will give Tric some breathing room to play better, as apparently both Toonyman and Web want.

I'm just going to reiterate that I feel that one of Web and Toonyman is scum.  If they were both town, this vote phase would be going differently.

Now, in this game, I think they should be going after each other for a bit.  Even NJW grappled with Web when NJW was town and Web was scum, so here confrontation seems appropriate.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 01, 2021, 12:52:05 pm »

@Web:
No, I think you think Vector is town because of reasons I don't want to say again. Which is like, yeah I do agree.

You can't do that ToonyMan.  We had Mod confirmation that the game was NOT broken.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 1
« Reply #482 on: December 01, 2021, 12:55:00 pm »

I will confirm that the game state is not broken. Do not try to use the discord to sus out the scum, it's not a solid plan and meta stuff like that is bad form anyway.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 01, 2021, 01:00:50 pm »

Fine, my reluctance to spam 100 posts arguing with Web again just to probably be wrong again is not something I want to do, at least not at work. Maybe not getting mad has been a mistake, because I still don't feel a sense of clarity at all.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 01, 2021, 01:01:25 pm »

@Toony: Why Roden? Lay out the case.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 01, 2021, 01:04:01 pm »

So, I'm going to UNVOTE because it benefits town to have my double vote tomorrow, and because maybe it will give Tric some breathing room to play better, as apparently both Toonyman and Web want.

I'm just going to reiterate that I feel that one of Web and Toonyman is scum.  If they were both town, this vote phase would be going differently.
Unfortunately, you don't get the luxury of having a double vote until you claim your full role. You only claimed half of it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 01, 2021, 01:12:36 pm »

Well, this should get discussion going, at least.

I'm BULLETPROOF as my other ability.

Now, now, not Immortal, and not hide and save.  It's not one of those active things.  In fact, it's not infinite either.  But I can tank a few hits.

Hence my reluctance to claim.  I HAD wanted to tank the Night Kill.  Instead, mafia can rejoice at having me for the ELO!

Well, at least I don't have to worry about our vigilante wasting his shot on me anymore.

Happy Webster?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 01, 2021, 01:14:37 pm »

@Toony: Why Roden? Lay out the case.
Okay, I will put my thoughts in order when I'm at home.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 01, 2021, 01:18:48 pm »

@Web: You are using your power wrong.

You SHOULD steal Tric's vote (or mine if you want to not vote with it and steal it tomorrow), and steal Tric's vote tomorrow, keeping Tric alive to use his investigative power.  Even as possible scum role cop, he might be able to give valuable information.

...it is probably why Web is trying to get Tric to go after scum.  I don't think Tric is Web's first choice.

For example, Web was accidentally BRILLIANT in stealing Max's vote.  Mafia killed a non-voter, thus not moving themselves any closer to winning, but rather choosing to not lose.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 01, 2021, 01:23:30 pm »

I don't quite trust web with my vote.. Not that I can do anything with that though. If he wants to steal it, go ahead. Though he's never going to vote out roden.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 01, 2021, 01:32:44 pm »

I'm ok with Web stealing my vote, although I'd rather he not actually use the vote.  Hey Web, don't steal my vote today when you can steal TWO tomorrow!

@Tric: Assume Web stole your vote, but let you decide whom to vote (no voting Roden).  Whom would you have him vote?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 01, 2021, 01:45:04 pm »

That sounds like a tric(k) question, but McMiner.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 01, 2021, 02:10:03 pm »

I'm ok with Web stealing my vote, although I'd rather he not actually use the vote.  Hey Web, don't steal my vote today when you can steal TWO tomorrow!

@Tric: Assume Web stole your vote, but let you decide whom to vote (no voting Roden).  Whom would you have him vote?
Wellllll... I technically have another ability that only works on people whose vote I've stolen, but it's actually really bad comparatively, so I basically just have one ability. Also, I don't think I get additional votes for stealing multiple votes because that's an ability you use.

I can double their vote(s), which is why I think at least one of Toony or EuchreJack is scum and Town.

Using it as a means to control the Town is stupid though because I have to KEEP USING IT TO KEEP THE DOUBLING. Incredibly weak except in the one specific case where I double a doublevoters vote in 4p lylo. But I am really solidifying my death by claiming this anyway, but it doesn't really matter since I'll die anyway.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 01, 2021, 02:42:03 pm »

So, if Web isn't sure about Toonyman or me (or anyone else for that matter), then we should both remain alive while I refrain from voting.

Hm, is there a world where both Toonyman and I are the same alignment? I would like to think so, but it seems unbalanced that two town players would both have double votes.

Well shit, Toonyman has probably been just playing me from the start.  And I can't afford to vote him today.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 01, 2021, 02:56:57 pm »

I can double vote, once. It's activated during the day I want to use it. I haven't used it yet. I don't wish to share my other ability but Tric can confirm it tomorrow.

Mechanically, I don't believe three town players would all have self protection. This makes Max, Knightwing, and Jack who have or claim some kind of self protection.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 48