Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 3  (Read 33681 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 2
« Reply #465 on: December 01, 2021, 03:23:35 am »

What if....one of the players claiming to have action lied?

I'll admit, it is unlikely.  But it clears Roden without discussing Ninjas.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 01, 2021, 03:35:45 am »

Only TricMagic could play this bad as mafia.

The reason that ninja makes no sense is because the last thing a ninja does is declares their action.
But if Tric was mafia, they probably would have misread their role description and declared their action.

UselessMcMiner is not much of a suspect, since they're playing what I read to be Newbie Town, as opposed to Newbie Scum (hard lurking).
@UselessMcMiner: how many games of forum mafia have you played?  Would we see your work elsewhere?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 01, 2021, 03:39:47 am »

Hint: Mafia's role description probably doesn't say "NINJA".  Look at the two already revealed descriptions (and maybe your own, I dunno).  They don't generally have giant bolded standard role definitions.  You have to figure it out yourself, which I'll bet Tric didn't do.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 01, 2021, 06:33:06 am »

My guess is that mafia weren't sure if Ninja bypassed whatever role I could've been, and thought it was better not to lie since they had no idea whether or not I could directly fact check them. The problem though is that if Tric is mafia, why did he immediately claim to Rolecop the player who died? This was before I even started asking for night actions. The only players who admitted to performing a night action after I started asking everyone were Knightwing and Vector.

@Tric: Let's try something here. You think I'm mafia, right? Suppose I get lynched today, and I flip town. My information is undeniably confirmed at that point. How do you make use of my information at that point? Who do you suspect?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 01, 2021, 07:14:43 am »

Argh. Now I’m confused

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 01, 2021, 09:43:05 am »

Web is still saying it's me. I'm saying you are about to kill the information rolls, and then Web will laugh and send you all to your dooms. My Night Actions are confirmable. And you want to kill me anyway?

Beyond that, who is to say Roden wasn't lying? He waited to claim last, and then told us 4 people actioned, and that was his ability, to count the number of actions each night. Then Knightwing comes up and says he actioned last night, completely breaking Roden's claim to pieces. Roden hasn't offered any explanation of why he was wrong beyond Ninja.

McMiner meanwhile has completely withdrawn from day 2 discussion. He isn't talking. Yet there is no reason Toony should not have received a message if he is telling the truth. Not unless Roden or Toony are lying. Roden in the case of his list not being correct. He went so far as to say anyone who didn't action was cleared. But that's not valid anymore, if anything we should be looking at those who didn't action on his list as his likely partner.

Roden. If I can't get web, I'll cut things off at the source of the lies. And if you want to lynch me tomorrow, go ahead. I'm still going to clear myself if possible.

... Granted, this is also cutting off info, but I can't trust Roden's actually an info role when we have 2 of them already. Not counting Max. (Course, it could be the vote manipluators are mafia if everyone else has an info role. Jack is not helping me trust him.)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 01, 2021, 10:07:34 am »

Then vote McMiner.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 01, 2021, 10:19:55 am »

Web is still saying it's me. I'm saying you are about to kill the information rolls, and then Web will laugh and send you all to your dooms. My Night Actions are confirmable. And you want to kill me anyway?
They could be now, but that isn't the case Last Night. That's the problem. Roden isn't likely to be scum, so I will make sure no one votes Roden.

Also, I'm not a supervillain. Even better, this is a silly claim because I'm likely going to be killed Tonight for multiple reasons. I am attempting to keep this discussion rolling and orderly, but I can understand your plight.

That's why I'm not shoving you down. I want you to go after whoever you'd like. I do not believe it is Roden. It doesn't make sense to be Roden. There is so much to be said about Roden that I am trying to help you go after scum because the chance Roden is scum is fucking negligible.

So let's actually explore your theories. If you believe that everyone that actioned is NOT scum, then that leaves EuchreJack, ToonyMan, and myself. Who is scum there? Me? Why? Euchre? Why? Toony? Why?

Work with me, Tric. If you can't work with me, then why do you deserve to live?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 01, 2021, 10:24:19 am »

I'm barely functioning right now but I might as well chip in before crashing.

Thoughts:

1. Tric or Useless killed Max last night
2. Their partner is a multitasking ninja (and roleblocker depending)
3. My heart wants to vote Roden
4. My brain wants to vote Useless or Tric
5. Rereading the thread didn't help me, am I this bad right now? I feel like I've been throwing this whole game. Why can't I catch scum anymore? Why were all my D1 reads wrong? The Max kill is extremely insulting.
^You can always vote this guy.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 01, 2021, 10:29:20 am »

@Roden:
You're wrong, and I think you're probably wrong for malicious reasons. I think your most likely partner is Tric or Useless. Web is technically possible but I really don't have the energy to post 100 times arguing with them, thankfully I don't think they're mafia this time! I would prefer your demise over anyone else currently, although I will try to determine you're mafia for sure today since we still have time and room for error.

Wait, if Jack and Toony are double voters, how is today not over? That should've been a hammer. The vote count doesn't even acknowledge extra votes here.
There doesn't appear to be normal hammers. I'll put the vote back.

And yeah, it seems Meph is just counting people's votes, not their actual value. Hence "counting stones".

Roden
Wait, was I actually right with my accusation? Lol wow, Toony this is just a "fighting for survival" post, not a solving one. You're just choosing to discredit and shade me instead of trying to solve my alignment and use my provided info to figure out what happened last night. "You're wrong and you're scum" is just a bad faith argument that doesn't actually dispute anything I said.

What's unfortunate here is that none of my actions this game have historically fallen into my scum range. I wouldn't hard bus like this, so those accusations don't make a lot of sense for anyone saying I'm trying to bus one of Toony or McMiner. I stalled out claiming because I had a plan, otherwise I would have claimed right away as I always have since I've never felt the need to make up fake claims. And probably most damming at all, I'm accusing you Toony when there's so little momentum to vote you out. You're telling me I decided to go against you, who I know is a strong player and better at arguing than me, as my mislynch option? Instead of just, you know, night killing you like most scum teams have been doing?

Furthermore, why aren't you questioning McMiner even though you proved his claim is wrong? Why are both of you ignoring each other even though your night interactions were extremely suspicious?

ToonyMan
@Tric: This isn't a post by scum. You do see that, no?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 01, 2021, 11:22:52 am »

What is see right now is a Roden/Toony team. I can't read McMiner, but have they played mafia before?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 01, 2021, 12:12:37 pm »

What is see right now is a Roden/Toony team. I can't read McMiner, but have they played mafia before?
Then you have some choices: Vote Toony, find more evidence, or rethink. All viable.

If you think Roden is scum and higher priority, you need more evidence. What you have now will not work, and, in my opinion, I don't think he's a viable execution Today.

If you think ToonyMan is scum, vote him. There have been numerous people stating he is suspicious, including me. It is probably viable. By doing this, though, he will likely take the fight to you. Can you survive that? It is difficult, but you need to step up for yourself if you're Town.

If you want to rethink scum, then you need to really think about who is scum, but more importantly, WHY they are scum.

I have given reasons why I think you are scum. Attacking everyone who thinks you're scum is going to get you voted out because you're going to be a hindrance. Stop. Listen. Think. Then, and only then, React. People attacking you doesn't make them scum. I only have access to the information in thread. Prove that you deserve to live, and you will probably live.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 01, 2021, 12:39:53 pm »

If you want a reason why I think it's ToonyMan, it's because I think he thinks why I'm defending Vector is because he thinks we're Masons, so he's unwilling to push that, even though it would be a legitimate issue to bring up. This also lends credence to me being Town, inadvertently, and also why I believe I'm going to be killed Tonight.

EuchreJack is doubtful of Vector because EuchreJack is Town. EuchreJack is only accepting Vector because EuchreJack trusts my reading of Vector. Additionally, Euchre's attack on Day 1 seems genuine. So, it's not EuchreJack.
Roden has moments that seem pretty Townie to me throughout Day 1 and Day 2, especially in the setup and reveal of his plan. It's... Okay? It's not stellar, but it feels genuine to me, as well.
Vector is an easy target, and I think Vector should be targeted by more people. I think anyone who hasn't attacked Vector thinks I'm Masons with them. I'm not going to confirm nor deny that, but I feel like it's not Vector.
Knightwing64 seems really silly now, but even though I think they're Town, let's just leave them in the middle. They're overusing their Towncred to push nonsense theories that they can't backup to go after Roden. They need to seriously think better.
UselessMcMiner is a viable vote now, since they are now even less likely to have actually actioned. If we reinterpret their claim as being something that was made to avoid being voted out (Pay close attention to how they defend their claim as being something that is very important), especially when they were called out first, it moves their claim from too ridiculous to be scum, to too ridiculous to exist.
ToonyMan is playing far back, avoiding being in the Town center. Are they being dejected because I say no to their votes? Not sure. I still find it hard to vote for them in spite of me thinking their scum, but my biggest concern is that they are avoiding Vector too much. I purposefully didn't give much reasoning for Vector's defense because I wanted to see who still went after Vector. That combined with his unwillingness to make too many waves makes him a very viable candidate.

And then there's you, Tric. Why should you live?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 01, 2021, 12:42:37 pm »

I don't get it, this is wrong. Everything is wrong here. Web and Roden's PoE means Tric is solo scum or partners with Useless, but even Web himself doesn't seem to believe that.

Web thinks Roden's accusation of me makes him legit, but I still think it's super scummy. It's a speech meant to sway emotions to his side and saying I'm ignoring Useless when that's completely untrue.

Is Tric and Useless just the mafia team? Maybe, but like I explained before they can both confirm their actions tonight. They both seem quite confident they can do so!

The big difference between my PoE and Web's is that Web has Roden on his clear list, but I don't get it. I can agree with Knightwing, Jack, and Vector, but I STILL don't get the Roden pick.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 01, 2021, 12:50:17 pm »

@Web:
No, I think you think Vector is town because of reasons I don't want to say again. Which is like, yeah I do agree.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 48