Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 3  (Read 33672 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 2
« Reply #390 on: November 30, 2021, 09:49:18 am »

To Jack, if I misquoted you, I blame being too tired to see that when cutting the quote-pyramids down.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 30, 2021, 09:55:16 am »

So if we believe Roden, we should vote one of TricMagic, UselessMcMiner, or Vector.
I believe that is correct.

@Tric: I think the theory as to your being mafia is that you redirected McMiner's message onto Max while killing Max.
Oh yeah that's true. Mafia knew Max was probably telling the truth about being a cop, but didn't know whether Max would inspect Tric or Useless so if the team is Tric/Roden they have Tric redirect Useless onto Max and Roden performs the kill. This removes the cop while also setting up Useless to take the fall.

I don't think you can put Tric and Roden on the mafia team, as Roden sorta outed Tric.
I outed Tric? In what way?

Your list of 4 actives includes Tric, who claimed to learn stuff about Max that he could have learned from reading the front page.  Hence the "sorta", since Vector and UselessMcMiner are also on the list of actives.
... Did not know that had been added.

Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 01:55:42 pm by Mephansteras
« Reply #264 on: November 29, 2021, 02:30:48 pm »
So yeah, my claim doesn't actually protect me in that case. I'd still have needed to decide it on my own though.

The Spirit Walk is over. You begin to feel your bodies again. The blood pounding in your veins, the smoky air filling your lungs. You open your eyes and look around.

Maximum Spin lies unconscious on the ground. Clearly he was unable to handle the dangers of the Spirit Walk. A pair of attendants come and gently carry him out of the tent. He should be fine, but he has certainly lost his chance at becoming Chief.

As the last of the Herbs leave your system you see an image in the smoke. A Pangolin, armored digger and finder of secrets. A strong guide, but perhaps not strong enough. The pale smoke indicates that he was, at least, Loyal to the traditions of your tribe.

Eight of you remain. Only one can be Chief.

It is time to resume the discussions.

Vote Phase 2 has begun! It will go until ~5pm Pacific Thursday.

And as an FYI, full role flips are shown on the first post of the game.
Completely missed the bottom line on my first read-through.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 30, 2021, 10:03:34 am »

@Roden:
You're wrong, and I think you're probably wrong for malicious reasons. I think your most likely partner is Tric or Useless. Web is technically possible but I really don't have the energy to post 100 times arguing with them, thankfully I don't think they're mafia this time! I would prefer your demise over anyone else currently, although I will try to determine you're mafia for sure today since we still have time and room for error.

Wait, if Jack and Toony are double voters, how is today not over? That should've been a hammer. The vote count doesn't even acknowledge extra votes here.
There doesn't appear to be normal hammers. I'll put the vote back.

And yeah, it seems Meph is just counting people's votes, not their actual value. Hence "counting stones".

Roden
If it's me, he's throwing me under the bus. If it's McMiner, he's throwing him under the bus.

If Vector is Mafia, McMiner can't be Town if Toony is Town. If McMiner is Town, Toony can't be town, Vector would claim the redirect. Unless Vector is also mafia, but that leads into the first reasoning.

I meanwhile, am separate from the chain of logic. Which by itself tells you there is no logic to condemn me with, I'd have needed to be acting alone, or be playing a silly-good mafia game. Claiming to target the very person I killed and provide a bit of info I wouldn't have but have had to guess about. Which one could say, but all it would take is one town to send things crumbling down.
So Toony, what's the logic? Cause that's a slip-up if I've ever seen one!

To claim Roden is lying, you'd have to say he used the redirect, and then it hit me or him. Anything else doesn't work without his partner being McMiner and this being a bus. And if Roden is bussing us, the kill will be locked away, never to see the light of day. What's your reasoning for this as a good play?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 30, 2021, 10:21:07 am »

The Counting Stones
EuchreJack: 1: Vector
Roden: 2: Knightwing64, Toonyman
Toonyman: 1: TricMagic
TricMagic: 2: UselessMcMiner, webadict
UselessMcMiner: 1: Roden

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Thursday

To clarify a few things:
  • There are no default hammers in this game
  • I reserve the right to end the day early if everyone has voted and the game is stalled, but mostly I wait until the actual End-of-day to resolve things
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 30, 2021, 10:32:27 am »

Knightwing, why are you still voting Roden?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 30, 2021, 10:33:37 am »

Though I'd say the same for McMiner, who has completely withdrawn from discussion.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 30, 2021, 11:00:01 am »

Tric, Tric, Tric. My logic is sound: if Roden is lying then he's mafia and probably with you or Useless. If Roden is telling the truth then at least one mafia is inside Tric/Vector/Useless. I don't see an issue with this reasoning.

Web is mechanically determining me or Jack is mafia. That's cold, but fair. Wrong, but fair.

Web is also clearing Vector and I can't blame them for that. It might be for genuine reasons, I'm going to believe that for my own sake.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 30, 2021, 11:20:15 am »

@Vector: You tend to read Tric very well, so is Tric town or scum?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 30, 2021, 11:30:06 am »

ToonyMan, where is your long detailed analysis?  Your posts are a bit...short.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 1
« Reply #399 on: November 30, 2021, 11:34:08 am »

The Counting Stones
4maskwolf: 4: EuchreJack, Maximum Spin, Roden, TricMagic
EuchreJack: 1: 4maskwolf
Maximum Spin: 2: Vector, webadict
TricMagic: 1: UselessMcMiner

Oh yeah, duh.  Of course suspects are Roden or TricMagic (or me).

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 30, 2021, 11:35:42 am »

UNVOTE

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 30, 2021, 11:40:34 am »

@Jack:
I don't have anything really detailed yet. Max was town, but I feel my N1 notes are still highly relevant so I would look at that for the time being.

The Counting Stones
4maskwolf: 4: EuchreJack, Maximum Spin, Roden, TricMagic
EuchreJack: 1: 4maskwolf
Maximum Spin: 2: Vector, webadict
TricMagic: 1: UselessMcMiner

Oh yeah, duh.  Of course suspects are Roden or TricMagic (or me).
To be fair I was also voting 4mask and Max at EoD1.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 30, 2021, 11:51:01 am »

Tric, Tric, Tric. My logic is sound: if Roden is lying then he's mafia and probably with you or Useless. If Roden is telling the truth then at least one mafia is inside Tric/Vector/Useless. I don't see an issue with this reasoning.

Web is mechanically determining me or Jack is mafia. That's cold, but fair. Wrong, but fair.

Web is also clearing Vector and I can't blame them for that. It might be for genuine reasons, I'm going to believe that for my own sake.
The issue is we end up with a dead townie if he is telling the truth. 6 people tomorrow, and 1 mislynch away from a loss. This isn't something you should be dismissing. You are setting up a town loss in that case.

Assuming you are bussing him, it's a bit better for town. But you are still setting up for us to lose if McMiner does vig someone. Most likely me, leading to his death. So it becomes 5 with a mislynch leading to town loss. And guess what, your plan just killed off all the info roles.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 30, 2021, 11:51:32 am »

I feel it might help to have some more reads list.  Or comparison analysis.  Or something other than random finger pointing.

So a Reads List from me:
EuchreJack - Your name goes here on your list, or can be omitted.
Knightwing64 - We're still locktowning Knightwing64, right?
TricMagic - A claimed Rolecop who then tried to fish for role claims, like I dunno, he actually wanted to investigate them like a townie investigator.
Webadict - Not sure why, getting Townie vibes.  Like, he seems to be using his power in a townie way, and is more honest that usual.
UselessMcMiner - Vigilante isn't the greatest of cover for mafia, even if an easy claim.  The death count might tell.

Toonyman - At this point, I would expect more analysis from Toonyman.  Or even the playstyle they are trying to emulate.  Where is the ANALYSIS? Also, 4maskwolf
Vector - Vector needs to explain their vote on me.  Either include more or change it.  Read this an invitation for more discussion.
Roden - Well, I'm not the scum on the 4maskwolf lynch, I don't think it's Tric, and Maximum Spin is a dead townie.  Ergo, Roden.

Ninja bumped Toonyman one due to the candor.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 30, 2021, 11:57:38 am »

@UselessMcMiner: Can you chose to kill anyone other than Toonyman tonight?  Your discussion of your role was unclear on that point.
It sounded more like an interrogation N1 with Execution N2.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 48