Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 3  (Read 33756 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 1
« Reply #210 on: November 26, 2021, 05:21:41 pm »

Not a fan of the 4mask vote?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 26, 2021, 05:25:20 pm »

I'm fine with it but I don't feel it needs me on the wagon, given that I picked up on something I didn't see others notice.

4mask is playing somewhat subdued against his normal meta, but I haven't seen anything from him that I'd call an outright scumtell, and it's been a long time since he played here.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 26, 2021, 05:51:10 pm »

Good points by Vector about Maximum Spin.  Not enough to commit to my voting today, but I won't be voting to save either.

Also, Maximum Spin is a claimed Commuter, for those who didn't pick that up.  He used the same language in Mostly Vanilla the round that he was lynched as a town commuter.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 26, 2021, 05:58:27 pm »

Although, in Max's defense, his meta is that D1 is completely worthless.  Which explains why he has basically been sheeping me this entire vote phase.
Also, poking UselessMcMiner hit gold in that I'm quite sure that UselessMcMiner is town.  Or doing the very best impersonation ever of my first game as town.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 26, 2021, 06:25:15 pm »

@Vector: I'm needy and require more attention, please give.

no

Damn, Webadict.  I compared your Round 3 play in Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 Round 3 Day 1, and you did just this sort of shit.
Whereas in Round 4, you pulled some crazy townie gambits.  Your Teaching Hat is Your Tell.
[...]
Homework assignment for Wuba: Find examples of your "teaching" when you were Town.  I'll look at them, and grade you accordingly.

I don't fully agree with you on this point. Webadict does go into "teacher mode" more as scum, but he has a habit of pocketing/chainsawing newbies as both town and scum. The style is slightly different but the action is the same.

I agree that Knightwing is probably cleared as town for naive reasons. It is VERY inappropriate to clear ToonyMan for dumbtelling.

Hehe. I should say this now anyway: I'm a double voter. This makes my vote count twice. There are restrictions to this power but I don't wish to share this to mafia.

If I don't vote today, my vote counts for 2 tomorrow.

Hence, my reluctance to vote today.  I mean, I'll vote today if I deem it necessary, but I'd rather vote day 2 when we have more mechanical info to share.

I haven't played in the past Totems, but it looks like there's a number of vote-related roles in the game since Jack has claimed a restrictive double vote as well along with Web's no vote. This is possibly further evident by "Vote Phase 1" instead of "Day 1".

This is interesting. Two double-voters and a non-voter? I'm a little bit surprised that people would come out with that right away. It's pretty risky for scum to reveal a LYLO-breaker on D1.

More in next post.
Just want to point out that double votes are typically disabled in LYLO/MYLO, and this game doesn't seem like a bastard set up so it's safe to say that's true here. Those with double votes can ask the mod to clarify just to be sure though.

If true then mafia can freely claim the double vote ability, so I wouldn't town read that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 26, 2021, 06:31:48 pm »

@Roden: Unlikely.

@Vector: Seems fair to me. For now, I will vote Maximum Spin

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 26, 2021, 06:39:35 pm »

The Counting Stones
4maskwolf: 3: Toonyman, Roden, TricMagic
EuchreJack: 1: 4maskwolf
TricMagic: 1: , UselessMcMiner,
Vector: 1: Maximum Spin,
Maximum Spin: 2: Vector, Webadict

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today (though I may be busy this evening, so it might end up being a bit after that)
Current unofficial counting of votes. This better not be a Chinese fire drill you. I'm watching for any fast plays.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 26, 2021, 06:53:23 pm »

@Roden:
I can ask but there's nothing saying I can't use the double vote for lylo so I doubt it. I will say that the restriction is quite bad if I use it.

I'm reluctant to vote Max. Max/4mask is possible but Max/Vector likely is not. In which case I still think 4mask is a better hit.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 26, 2021, 06:56:08 pm »

The Counting Stones
4maskwolf: 3: Toonyman, Roden, TricMagic
EuchreJack: 1: 4maskwolf
TricMagic: 1: , UselessMcMiner,
Vector: 1: Maximum Spin,
Maximum Spin: 2: Vector, Webadict

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today (though I may be busy this evening, so it might end up being a bit after that)
Current unofficial counting of votes. This better not be a Chinese fire drill you. I'm watching for any fast plays.
Afraid not.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 26, 2021, 06:59:46 pm »

Just want to point out that double votes are typically disabled in LYLO/MYLO, and this game doesn't seem like a bastard set up so it's safe to say that's true here. Those with double votes can ask the mod to clarify just to be sure though.

If true then mafia can freely claim the double vote ability, so I wouldn't town read that.

No, we usually don't play like that here. Maybe we should, but we don't :/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 26, 2021, 07:08:20 pm »

sigh

I just realized a really, really meta reason for why 4mask and Vector are possibly not mafia, but I don't know how messy that will make the game at this junction so I'm afraid to use it as reasoning.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 26, 2021, 07:12:34 pm »

sigh

I just realized a really, really meta reason for why 4mask and Vector are possibly not mafia, but I don't know how messy that will make the game at this junction so I'm afraid to use it as reasoning.
Yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 26, 2021, 07:13:58 pm »

You can always vote Maximum Spin with us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 26, 2021, 07:15:34 pm »

sigh

Go ahead and share it. Better not to kill town if we can help it.

And yes, max.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 26, 2021, 07:17:28 pm »

sigh

Go ahead and share it. Better not to kill town if we can help it.

And yes, max.
Nah. It's a stupid reason. Don't worry about it.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 48