Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 3  (Read 33712 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 1
« Reply #195 on: November 26, 2021, 03:16:54 pm »

My double vote is activatable, although I would prefer not to use it today if possible.

I don't think Vector not being around is inherently suspicious, which is why I'd prefer 4mask who is around and also actively being suspicious. I disagree with Web's assessment that 4mask is staying quiet on purpose - or at least - is doing so as town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 26, 2021, 03:21:30 pm »

Anyway, Vector, I guess. I understand that Vector has time constraints, but every day without a Vector post feels incrementally more like "scum Vector tries to hide from the thread".
Max/Vector is unlikely since Max seems serious about voting out Vector here. I don't think they would make a vote like this if they were partners with Vector, it feels too dangerous with how the end of day is going. I haven't seen Max as mafia which is one reason I can't read them well and have them as null, but it just seems like a foolish play.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 26, 2021, 03:36:22 pm »

@Web: Running off the assumption that your vote kills people in some way, you could always start threatening people with that.
That's not quite how it works, and even if it were, that wouldn't make Vector talk sooner. Vector can't be allowed to not talk, as that's basically leaving us a player down. I need them to post something. I know it's a holiday and everything, but... Seriously, anything.

@Web: I disagree with your theory of 4mask trying to stay in the background.  Immediately after your said that, 4mask responded and aggressively, putting them in the forefront.  If 4mask were trying to hide in the background, the best play at that point would have been to say nothing for a bit. Then again, maybe you just put the whole thing in my head and 4mask is right about you.
Hmm... Perhaps you're right about that. Still, I have four hours before I need to do anything.

For now, assume I'm voting Vector.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 26, 2021, 04:06:20 pm »

Blegh. Sorry guys, I pulled the emergency brake on my life on Monday and have been mostly sleeping and resting.

I just woke up post T-Day, which ... started yesterday around 2 and went until 11. Let me reread and at least post a couple things.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 26, 2021, 04:08:59 pm »

I'm here, didn't really have time to play the past couple days due to Thanksgiving yesterday and Friendsgiving the day before.

I'll move my vote over to 4maskwolf for now since I think I can get a stronger read on Tric if I give him some more time. Tonally he's pinging me as scum, since it reads familiar to me from when we were partners in MV3 Round 2. But I don't want to be too hasty since it's too early for me to definitely tell, so I'll figure him out tomorrow.

My 4mask vote is because the name is getting thrown around a lot as suspicious, but no one seems to really want to vote there. Toony's vote is the only one there, and I trust him right now so I feel good going there and setting up a competing wagon.

Vector's absence is worrying though. They could just be busy due to the holidays, so I want to give them time to post. But if we're about to hit deadline and they still haven't posted, I'll switch my vote over to avoid a potential tie.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 26, 2021, 04:09:32 pm »

Oop. There's Vector.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 26, 2021, 04:19:32 pm »

Not a great post from Vector, but basically what I expected.

So switching to 4maskwolf for now, partially because of Roden's switch.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 26, 2021, 04:28:51 pm »

4Maskwolf, cause it's safe to switch off now.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 26, 2021, 04:41:56 pm »

By my count, I can Unvote without risking Tric.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 26, 2021, 04:47:27 pm »

I'm not particularly glad to be one stray last minute vote from death jack.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 26, 2021, 04:52:39 pm »

@Vector: I'm needy and require more attention, please give.

no

Damn, Webadict.  I compared your Round 3 play in Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 Round 3 Day 1, and you did just this sort of shit.
Whereas in Round 4, you pulled some crazy townie gambits.  Your Teaching Hat is Your Tell.
[...]
Homework assignment for Wuba: Find examples of your "teaching" when you were Town.  I'll look at them, and grade you accordingly.

I don't fully agree with you on this point. Webadict does go into "teacher mode" more as scum, but he has a habit of pocketing/chainsawing newbies as both town and scum. The style is slightly different but the action is the same.

I agree that Knightwing is probably cleared as town for naive reasons. It is VERY inappropriate to clear ToonyMan for dumbtelling.

Hehe. I should say this now anyway: I'm a double voter. This makes my vote count twice. There are restrictions to this power but I don't wish to share this to mafia.

If I don't vote today, my vote counts for 2 tomorrow.

Hence, my reluctance to vote today.  I mean, I'll vote today if I deem it necessary, but I'd rather vote day 2 when we have more mechanical info to share.

I haven't played in the past Totems, but it looks like there's a number of vote-related roles in the game since Jack has claimed a restrictive double vote as well along with Web's no vote. This is possibly further evident by "Vote Phase 1" instead of "Day 1".

This is interesting. Two double-voters and a non-voter? I'm a little bit surprised that people would come out with that right away. It's pretty risky for scum to reveal a LYLO-breaker on D1.

More in next post.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 26, 2021, 05:03:09 pm »

Looking forward to it!  :D

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 26, 2021, 05:05:05 pm »

@Vector: Why are you still voting TricMagic?

Voting TricMagic is always a good D1 vote.

@Vector: Who was the last line, that I underlined, directed at?

TricMagic.

Vector: Ok, I could be talked into supporting a vote on Vector.  Too active for D1 Vector.  Let's see what else we get.
?????????????

Vector had to that point made a grand total of one post, a pretty standard RVS post. What is this take?

To clarify, I thought Vector's post was too early for town!Vector.  Hence my comment about Vector being "too active".  Mafia!Vector knows they have to get an early post in.  Town!Vector might not bother.  I really can't get much of a read off Vector until they make their second or third of the grand total of 3 posts I expect from them D1.

Well, you're certainly wrong about that. But that's OK.

Btw Jack if you actually did find one of Web's scum tells, that's honestly impressive. The best I've noticed is that Web has played bad cop/good cop both times he was mafia, and was generally less prone to being mean as town unless he genuinely thought somebody was being dumb.

LOL. I'm inclined to think that he's a hell of a lot meaner as Town, but that's because as scum he likes to clown around. As town he gets genuinely angry.

anyways while I was reading over vanilla mafia it felt like the wolves basically just got away with posting no reads cause of all of the mechanical bullshit in the game

so I heavily discourage any mech talk for at least a few days

I agree with the first point, but not the second. We should be probably trying to gather some information before people die without being able to give it/LYLO.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 26, 2021, 05:05:28 pm »

Oh, to be sure. I'm arguing that it's NAI, not that it makes him look town. Wubadicts gonna wub.

Anyway, I say we vote out the guy who hasn't showed up yet.

Well, if we had an idea they were going to show up, I would like to see their response to reading the forum and seeing everyone voting them.

But if they just disappear, then we gotta get a replacement.  So possibly pointless?

Hey, let's check it out though: UselessMcMiner

Okay, cool. UselessMcMiner

I really don't like this coordinated wagon, especially MaxSpin suggesting the vote on McMiner, EJ actually placing the vote, and MaxSpin following up.

again more of this shit

he’s playing in a way that’s extremely reactive to thread instead of trying to do his own thing

I’m not sure if I can adequately explain it but to me it just feels like I’m trying to spin his wheels

he can’t just flat out say “let’s wagon the zero poster” when the zero poster is town

but he’s worried that if he says nothing about me people will question it, and he wouldn’t want to defend me for obvious reasons

ergo he sheep’s a vote for no reason

also I don’t know why he pivoted off of webaddict

McMiner underlines this himself but doesn't notice/attack MaxSpin for his role in the voting.

Congrats UselessMcMiner, you've earned an Unvote, since I was just about to start voting you again after Web's impassioned rebuttal.

EJ immediately unvotes.

@Vector: Is Toonyman scum? If not, who is?

Possibly MaximumSpin?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 26, 2021, 05:06:27 pm »

That's all for now but I'll try to check about once per hour until deadline.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48