Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 3  (Read 33772 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 1
« Reply #165 on: November 24, 2021, 11:28:08 pm »

Something something webadict shilling my late game wolf hunting means he's actually a wolf setting me up for being killed by the town later.

Also I'll let you in on a little secret: Trying Too Hard (tm) isn't a scumread. Or even suspicion. It's a frank analysis of the way they are playing early D1, taking posts a little too seriously and building mountains out of molehills.
Psh, same thing applies to me, doesn't it? Results matter.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 25, 2021, 06:00:58 am »

@Webadict: Your claim of your vote not counting can only be examined if you in fact vote.  You should be smart enough to leverage this for town cred rather than scum gambit.

Honestly, I believe that either webadict or EuchreJack is sus. Or they could be both town and making a mountain out of a molehill.
I Appreciate the Absolute Town perspective.  Keep it up!

I think I'm ready to post a reads list.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 25, 2021, 06:03:24 am »

Edit regarding Toonyman: It is quite easy to read his thoughts and arguments, just not so much his alignment.  Good job Toonyman!please be town

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 25, 2021, 06:12:59 am »

Jack, don't I get any town points for the claim?

I mean, it's a fair cop, I'm pretty much the same either way.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 25, 2021, 06:51:44 am »

Jack, don't I get any town points for the claim?

I mean, it's a fair cop, I'm pretty much the same either way.
Fine, +1 town point for the claim.  You know that only like half the players know what that claim means, right?

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 25, 2021, 07:11:40 am »

kinda thinking toonyman is v

I think his handling to the knightwing situation was pretty villagery cause he didn’t immediately try to shut it down at least from what I remember

it’s 7 am and I just woke up so this might be a bit messy
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 25, 2021, 10:27:17 am »

Anyone want to vote to shorten?
MaxSpin, no. Saying that right after I've been voted?

McMiner, it seems my style of keeping things in my head and cruising leads you to suspect me. While I'm not really playing at full tilt right now.

As for reads, 4mask or web. And Maxspin. Thoe are concerning me. You too of course, but it seems that's just your playstyle, pointing out flaws in logic against some of the most illogical players in this game(at times). I don't think Jack is mafia today.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 25, 2021, 11:07:26 am »

kinda thinking toonyman is v

I think his handling to the knightwing situation was pretty villagery cause he didn’t immediately try to shut it down at least from what I remember

it’s 7 am and I just woke up so this might be a bit messy
Odd take. ToonyMan would be kinda concerning there,  no? His first question to Knightwing64 was the one that potentially concerned me, which is why I said he fell for the trap. Unfortunately, this does rely on meta-analysis, which is sort of cheesy.

@Webadict: Your claim of your vote not counting can only be examined if you in fact vote.  You should be smart enough to leverage this for town cred rather than scum gambit.
I'll be voting later. It is very quiet around these parts. There's  a reason I have no vote, and throwing no vote around recklessly is a recipe for disaster! Come on Jack, I'm not a psycho!

McMiner, it seems my style of keeping things in my head and cruising leads you to suspect me. While I'm not really playing at full tilt right now.

As for reads, 4mask or web. And Maxspin. Thoe are concerning me. You too of course, but it seems that's just your playstyle, pointing out flaws in logic against some of the most illogical players in this game(at times). I don't think Jack is mafia today.
Is this because I keep throwing sus on you? It's probably because I keep throwing sus on you. That's actually not that concerning, since that means ToonyMan is probably right here, and you are Town.

Legit, each of those people you listed suspected you. You should seriously consider mentally separating yourself from others' accusations, instead of your info.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 25, 2021, 01:22:09 pm »

The Counting Stones
4maskwolf: 1: Toonyman
EuchreJack: 1: 4maskwolf
Maximum Spin: 1: TricMagic
TricMagic: 3: Roden, UselessMcMiner, Vector
UselessMcMiner: 1: Maximum Spin
Vector: 1: EuchreJack

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 25, 2021, 02:28:57 pm »

I'm busy today but the Day goes to Friday so that's fine

@4mask:
Also I'll let you in on a little secret: Trying Too Hard (tm) isn't a scumread. Or even suspicion. It's a frank analysis of the way they are playing early D1, taking posts a little too seriously and building mountains out of molehills.
Okay, does me saying I think that's a big towntell for Tric and Jack change how you feel?

@Jack:
Edit regarding Toonyman: It is quite easy to read his thoughts and arguments, just not so much his alignment.  Good job Toonyman!please be town
I admit I am paranoid about Web and Roden, but similarly to Web I don't want shit to go horribly wrong again, plus their posts have been townie and even if I don't fully trust Web and Roden I have faith in the Jack and Tric townreads. I'm usually not wrong about you and I don't think I'm wrong about Tric here. Knightwing is almost a freebie too. I don't think mafia!Web would knock out so many players without including themselves as well, which they haven't. Although they are trying to include Roden which I don't understand. So yes, I am considering Web/Roden or more unlikely Web/Knightwing in the back of my mind, but it is outweighed by what is right in front of me.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 25, 2021, 02:48:12 pm »

Web, you can say unspin from their suspisions on me/me voting for them, but look at this mess. Roden and Vector haven't posted too much. Has Roden even moved their first vote?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 25, 2021, 05:44:21 pm »

@Vector: Why are you still voting TricMagic?

@Roden: Why are you still voting TricMagic?

@UselessMcMiner: Can I convince you to vote someone else?  What are your thoughts on 4maskwolf?

@TricMagic: Is 4maskwolf likely to be scum? If so, maybe you should put your vote there, and live to fight D2?

Web, you can say unspin from their suspisions on me/me voting for them, but look at this mess. Roden and Vector haven't posted too much. Has Roden even moved their first vote?
Frankly, the case against MaxSpin is weak. While Max isn't clear (51% chance of being town), any scum team without Max wants Max to get mislynched D1, as he only becomes more town in later days.  Yeah, Max screwed up by asking for a Shorten when Vector hadn't posted yet.  But Max thinks D1 is absolute garbage, so it fits into his meta.
...it could have also been a bad joke, or an attempt to stir up controversy.  Both are also things I've seen town!Max do.  See Rounds 3&4 of Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3, aka the FOU Nightmare Tour.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 25, 2021, 06:12:35 pm »

Tric, I am going to give you some genuine advice.
You need to be less reactive to whatever happened in the last post you read. You have a strong tendency to whipsaw around from target to target because someone said something that struck you as weird.

For the record, I wasn't even asking for a shortening, I just asked if anyone wanted to vote for one. I wasn't intending to vote for one myself. I just wanted to see what people would say in response.

Anyone who is voting TricMagic right now should be regarded as not having a clue what TricMagic is like as town, or intentionally pretending not to.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 25, 2021, 06:22:41 pm »

Anyway, Vector, I guess. I understand that Vector has time constraints, but every day without a Vector post feels incrementally more like "scum Vector tries to hide from the thread".

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 25, 2021, 10:33:35 pm »

Vector

Been busy today. How have you been. Had a good Thanksgiving?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 48