Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Voices of Suloy (SG spacegame)  (Read 2571 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Voices of Suloy (SG spacegame)
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2021, 01:59:06 am »

Make with the consuming of ye biopotential.

Release the Scouts.  Maybe the moon has Zones or other odd elements.

Have the research nodule begin working on antigravity.  It just sounds like a really useful idea, regardless of what we end up doing.

Convert 0.5 mass to our new chemical propulsion system.

"There is no need for further conflict, should you not attempt again to end us, we shall not attempt to end you."
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2021, 09:10:28 pm »

Doing some thinking about long term stuff..

Maybe we should attack the haltar ship.  It killed earth, it wants us to not exist.. might be best just to get it over with.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2021, 05:04:34 am »

If you think eating it is a good idea than I say we go for it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2021, 05:16:39 pm »

Mission Time = T+000005.5 Kilocycle

0.2 Biopotential converted into 0.2 Gigaman Undifferentiated flesh. 1.0 Kilocycle elapsed.

Suloy: There is no need for further conflict, should you not attempt again to end us, we shall not attempt to end you.
Shadow: Your end is of no interest to us, as our own end is of no significance. The Archive, Haltar, must survive. Must expand. What is mere continuance compared to that?

Scouts reveal that a large depression rests on the surface of luna, matching the size and profile of the Shadow. It would seem that thing originated here, on Luna.
However, nothing of interest but the imprint of that vessel remains.

Nodule: Our understanding of the universe states that the perversion of Gravity is impossible.
Suloy: So, I don't know how to do it.
Nodule: ...But, measurements of the zone indicate that anti-gravity is possible.
Nodule: Thus, the conclusion is that our understanding of the universe is incorrect, or incomplete.
Nodule: A new model is in order. Through introspection, we will be able to enter new spheres of physics.
Nodule: It's unknown how long it will take to break through the current sphere. But, we estimate that controlled antigravity lay behind the Third Sphere, where we are currently in the Zeroth.
Suloy: Why do I know what sphere that technology is in?
Nodule: Haltar hold this technology. We speculate that it is several Spheres ahead of us.

0.5 Gigaman differentiated into Opt. chemical engine.

Spoiler: suloy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: nav (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2021, 05:47:11 pm »

Hmm, so the shadow is more advanced than us, but also doesn't care if we kill it.

Cold Fusion is probably easier to get than antigravity, and while it might not be necessary for a new drive (hot fusion might suffice for a plasma drive), it would probably be useful for our scouts and interceptors, and maybe energy weapons too.

Attack the shadow, using our Interceptors and Mass Yeeter, loaded with moon rocks.  Use both drives, the teleportation FTL one and the new chemical one.

The research nodule is to remain free this turn, so it can make a real-time tactical analysis of the situation.  Win or lose, we should learn from it for next time.

That said, a second possibility comes to mind.  We could parasitize the shadow, leaving a tiny Suloy 1 on it with sensors to figure out how it works and what it's capable of, while we go visit somewhere else.  We could then try to kill it on the way back.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 09:50:11 pm by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2021, 04:11:22 am »

Hmm, so the shadow is more advanced than us, but also doesn't care if we kill it.

Cold Fusion is probably easier to get than antigravity, and while it might not be necessary for a new drive (hot fusion might suffice for a plasma drive), it would probably be useful for our scouts and interceptors, and maybe energy weapons too.

Attack the shadow, using our Interceptors and Mass Yeeter, loaded with moon rocks.  Use both drives, the teleportation FTL one and the new chemical one.

The research nodule is to remain free this turn, so it can make a real-time tactical analysis of the situation.  Win or lose, we should learn from it for next time.

That said, a second possibility comes to mind.  We could parasitize the shadow, leaving a tiny Suloy 1 on it with sensors to figure out how it works and what it's capable of, while we go visit somewhere else.  We could then try to kill it on the way back.
+1
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]