Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Voices of Suloy (SG spacegame)  (Read 2572 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Voices of Suloy (SG spacegame)
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2021, 02:20:39 am »

Can we make enough of that stuff to get us off the Earth or do we think we could improve it enough to allow us to leave?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2021, 03:25:06 am »

We can get off the earth already, with our FTL drive, since there's no atmosphere.  The conventional drive is so we don't have our irreplacable extra-vulnerable FTL drive sticking out there in combat.

It'll also let us visit Mars, since that's a smaller gravity well while having an atmosphere.

Is there anything else we should build with our remaining mass, or are we good to go?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 05:13:45 am by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2021, 02:18:57 am »

I can't think of anything so I guess we're good to go.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2021, 03:02:39 am »

Mission Time = T+000004.0 Kilocycle

After unraveling its 'tail', suloy lines itself up sideways, making sure there's no substantial matter between itself and its destination. The grey, crumbling crust 'rushes past' below as suloy remains at surface velocity, and the space it occupies rearranges itself to be far away. Far enough to evade what is to come.

Earth... crumbles. From within and from without, its Zones boiling and tumbling over what could be called its surface. Though there remains a spherical mass, what could be called our home is no more.
Indeed, its mass remains, and pulls suloy down towards it. Once suloy's velocity reaches an appropriate point, it warps once more, shifting its location such that the momentum gained from falling now puts it in a stable orbit.

Next out is Luna. The shadow stalking it emits a burst of intelligible radiation.

Shadow: This is ship-governess Eva of the haltar Earth project.
Suloy: This is suloy. You have nearly killed us, but we survive.
Shadow: You are a fool, suloy. The obsession with continuance always leads to self-destruction. Haltar records show this. Why do you pursue this, and not something more meaningful?

Spoiler: suloy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: nav (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2021, 04:01:12 am »

We could land on the moon, eat it, move to the next thing and eat it, eventually becoming a massive blob that consumes everything it comes into contact with.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2021, 04:25:17 am »

That sounds like a general strategy, yes.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2021, 05:15:11 am »

Should we ask ship-governess Eva of the haltar if we can eat her moon? They are not openly aggressive, but I would not like to make another (well first actually) enemy if we can avoid it.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2021, 03:09:50 am »

Why ask for permission to eat the moon when we could eat the people that live there as well?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2021, 03:31:39 am »

Still need a more specific action. You can speak to the shadow as well, if you'd like.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2021, 03:50:56 am »

I say we swoop in and eat the moon and whatever this shadow thing is.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2021, 04:21:39 am »

That sounds like orders to attack.

..Lets go with a1s first.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 04:47:15 am by Devastator »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2021, 04:36:05 am »

First teleport to the moon, then eat the moon('s biopotential.) Don't attack the shadow.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2021, 01:56:08 pm »

Engage the Shadow in dialog, while doing everything else.  Oh, and maybe they'd like to share those records they were talking about?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Voices of Suloy (SG spacegame)
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2021, 04:28:49 pm »

don't just tell me to engage in dialogue I have no idea where I'm going with this you have to tell me what you want to say

Mission Time = T+000004.5 Kilocycle

Suloy transports the space it occupies to just above the surface of the moon. At which point its momentum causes it to fly directly away from the surface. It uses the time before it comes back down to furl its tail and prepare for impact by directing the bulk of its armor downwards. Suloy hits and rolls a pace or two before coming to a stop and rooting itself in place.

Being closer to the shadow, suloy's radiation sensor is able to get a little more information, see nav.

Biopotential may be absorbed at a rate of 0.5 kilocycle per 0.1 biopotential.

Spoiler: suloy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: nav (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2021, 10:58:53 pm »

Make with the consuming of ye biopotential.

Release the Scouts.  Maybe the moon has Zones or other odd elements.

Have the research nodule begin working on antigravity.  It just sounds like a really useful idea, regardless of what we end up doing.

Convert 0.5 mass to our new chemical propulsion system.

"There is no need for further conflict, should you not attempt again to end us, we shall not attempt to end you."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4