Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Academy - Core Thread (Player List Closed)  (Read 11041 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Academy - Core Thread (Player List Closed)
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2021, 12:22:13 am »

((... honestly, I wish I was as creative as this. It honestly makes me want to go back and edit some of the ones I made to be less simple. Or at least use one or two of these instead of the ones I actually made.))

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2021, 12:37:58 am »

Heh. Well, as the GM there's nothing stopping you if you were actually inclined to do that...
Should I refrain from doing this in the future?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2021, 12:41:44 am »

Heh. Well, as the GM there's nothing stopping you if you were actually inclined to do that...
Should I refrain from doing this in the future?
((Well, in the future, most of the cards will generally be received before you get the chance to, so you can definitely try your hand at it if you want. At the worst, it can still inspire me when making future cards of the sort.))

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2021, 12:59:24 am »

(Bro Infantryman is a worse Iguana lmao, is a 0-Star 3/2 really broken or something?, if I made it, the card would be like a 2/2 instead of attacking it can deal 1 damage to a target though you can have a different effect :), to represent ranged warfare. This is only beneficial because I can use other people’s card and would not initially be penalized by this card.)

From my insight from the Reptiles it seems a 0-Star Card should be a 2/3, 1-Star 4/5 Hadreosauros or whatever, then it would it be a 6/7 from 2-Star if it had no effect?, it weird when the OP states each Star is worth 3 Stats or whatever, however my imagination is exponential effects. The higher star the card the more insane effects+insane stats think Eldrazi from MtG

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2021, 01:14:01 am »

((Yeah I will admit the Supernerd version of Infantryman does seem to like... literally be worse than just a card with no effect at all. 0 Stars + no effect is indeed generally worth 5 points of stats.))
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 01:25:21 am by Failbird105 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2021, 01:32:53 am »

(Bro Infantryman is a worse Iguana lmao, is a 0-Star 3/2 really broken or something?, if I made it, the card would be like a 2/2 instead of attacking it can deal 1 damage to a target though you can have a different effect :), to represent ranged warfare. This is only beneficial because I can use other people’s card and would not initially be penalized by this card.)

From my insight from the Reptiles it seems a 0-Star Card should be a 2/3, 1-Star 4/5 Hadreosauros or whatever, then it would it be a 6/7 from 2-Star if it had no effect?, it weird when the OP states each Star is worth 3 Stats or whatever, however my imagination is exponential effects. The higher star the card the more insane effects+insane stats think Eldrazi from MtG

((We confirmed in the last game that Iguana are stronger than many superhumans, so it isn't weird that a normal human can't compete with them.))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2021, 08:12:12 am »

(I'll be honest, I'd rather mine not return to my hand in favor of another point. It's not a quickplay, so you just spent your turn dealing the same damage fallen paladin used to. Or restored that much. Return to hand just isn't that useful on a weak spell. Or most spells if they cut into the effect like that.)

(Just as well these are Failbird cards, I'm looking forward to what they decided.)

(I'd probably point out the existence of smite too, which does 4 damage. And Magic Circuits which does a bunch of stuff while not hitting a max hp cap.)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 11:29:44 am by TricMagic »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2021, 12:23:32 pm »

((Alright, because I've got practically a whole NPC deck already planned out, I'll work on developing that while I wait for Juliette's first card. I've already sent Iridium a message, so it's just a matter of waiting))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2021, 05:56:27 pm »

(Bounces in anticipation of Failbird's designs)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2021, 07:57:49 pm »

(Shouldn't be long now. Iridium64 is not only online, but they also just now posted a new game thread so they are definitely active now.)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2021, 08:44:21 pm »

((Honestly, thanks to having a variety of examples to work off of, the process has been far easier than thought. That being said, there are a few cards with the same effect as ones from the previous game, and I can already tell there's a couple themes in here that will be real issues to work with. Not a whole lot you can do with 0 star effects without going a bit crazy on the downsides though, y'know?))

((If my theme turns out to be problematic, I can change it. I'm not especially attached. Also, apologies for holding up the game.))

Juliette thinks for a moment. A good Core Set card should be something simple, that still really shows off her theme... of course!

Card Name: Elven Engineer
Card Image:
Background Colour: Brown

« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 08:56:25 pm by Iridium64 »
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2021, 08:48:43 pm »

(( Hey that's pretty neat little pixel art. Did you create it? But regardless,  I believe your theme will be perfectly fine. The only real strange one I'd expect is 'Randomness'. What will that fully entail? I'm honestly curious to see.))
I've lost control of my life.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2021, 09:03:07 pm »

((If my theme turns out to be problematic, I can change it. I'm not especially attached. Also, apologies for holding up the game.))

Juliette thinks for a moment. A good Core Set card should be something simple, that still really shows off her theme... of course!

Card Name: Elven Engineer
Card Image:
Background Colour: Brown
((Don't worry yourself any. Trust me, I'd be more worried about you having problems with your theme than me. I'll get on your card and then the turn will be made tomorrow after I wake up.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2021, 09:06:11 pm »

(( Hey that's pretty neat little pixel art. Did you create it? But regardless,  I believe your theme will be perfectly fine. The only real strange one I'd expect is 'Randomness'. What will that fully entail? I'm honestly curious to see.))
Superdorf made it. I'm curious to see how my theme goes too!

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2021, 10:09:04 pm »

((Core Cards are in. I did wind up using one of Supernerds cards, and took inspiration from them to rework my original versions of some of the other ones that just felt weak or bland. Highly conceptual cards aren't the easiest to come up with good ideas for. I had some ideas, but they just felt clunky and unfun.))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17