Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Academy - Core Thread (Player List Closed)  (Read 11024 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Academy - Core Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2021, 10:30:29 pm »

I'm... probably going to regret this, but I'm interested despite myself (and have nothing else to do) so here goes nothing:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have no idea what I'm doing, so better learn quickly I guess?
Looks good so far, as long as you think you can find enough images to use for cards for the theme, you should be fine.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2021, 11:02:17 pm »

And just like that, the gang's all here. Everyone knows the main character of each season of CYOGTCG has a waifu adjacent theme. You can't take away that piece of it, would be sacrilege!

Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)

You have to cut everything after png off if you want us to actually be able to see it without modifying your link.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2021, 11:07:18 pm »

And just like that, the gang's all here. Everyone knows the main character of each season of CYOGTCG has a waifu adjacent theme. You can't take away that piece of it, would be sacrilege!

Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)

You have to cut everything after png off if you want us to actually be able to see it without modifying your link.
Got it

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2021, 11:16:18 pm »

Name: Gesus
Deck Theme: Randomness
Hairstyle: Unkempt, with a couple stray locks in the back that stick up and scan the room pointing at things.
Sex: Male
Other Information: Believes that magic is evil and he should not suffer a witch to live. Anyone who uses magic, has been seen NEAR magic, or knows about magic without believing it is evil must be a witch. Also, science is probably just magic in disguise.
Family Information: What is a "family"? I was raised by a hive of giant gunbees in the woods.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Academy - Core Thread (Player List Closed)
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2021, 11:53:24 pm »

Gotta say, I wasn't expecting to get more players than Supernerds version of all things.

I suppose Supernerd probably got you all interested, but you weren't willing to join since the game was already so far in?

Anyway, I'm just closing the list of Players before more people join up and I wind up Overwhelmed. I do still want to have some NPC Students as well after all.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2021, 12:25:14 am »

Hairstyle: Unkempt, with a couple stray locks in the back that stick up and scan the room pointing at things.
Other Information: Believes that magic is evil and he should not suffer a witch to live. Anyone who uses magic, has been seen NEAR magic, or knows about magic without believing it is evil must be a witch. Also, science is probably just magic in disguise.
Family Information: What is a "family"? I was raised by a hive of giant gunbees in the woods.
Are those “stray locks in the back” antennae? If not, I’m curious how the bees trained your hair to do that. If they are antennae, I’m wondering how the Gunbees made a member that could pass for human…maybe part of their reproduction involves taking out DNA/RNA from what they sting and sticking it in eggs, with modifications from a gunbee drone so that said genes can actually work. Maybe Gesus’s cells have two nuclei, one human, one gunbee, to help prevent unwanted gene mixes while still allowing genes for, both sets to be expressed. Here I go, overthinking on a tangent again

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2021, 12:31:33 am »

I can already tell this one is going to be even more off the wall.
I've lost control of my life.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2021, 12:48:37 am »

Are those “stray locks in the back” antennae? If not, I’m curious how the bees trained your hair to do that. If they are antennae, I’m wondering how the Gunbees made a member that could pass for human…maybe part of their reproduction involves taking out DNA/RNA from what they sting and sticking it in eggs, with modifications from a gunbee drone so that said genes can actually work. Maybe Gesus’s cells have two nuclei, one human, one gunbee, to help prevent unwanted gene mixes while still allowing genes for, both sets to be expressed. Here I go, overthinking on a tangent again

Burn the witch.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2021, 02:27:40 am »

Burn the witch.
all of this is OOC, the game hasn’t started yet. You don’t know whether Helen would fit your science witch burning wants…there is likely a much better way to have worded that

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2021, 07:30:46 am »

I'm... probably going to regret this, but I'm interested despite myself (and have nothing else to do) so here goes nothing:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have no idea what I'm doing, so better learn quickly I guess?

Honestly that is a good part. Just make cards, and slowly build your deck. And ask the GM any questions you have. And have fun. (Also make sure to post fairly quickly during duels, even if you are a bit quiet.)

Also, lot of enmies. I wonder what this guy thinks of SOULs and card games. Wouldn't that make them a witch? Granted, why not wizards, no need for gender segmentation.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 07:33:25 am by TricMagic »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2021, 02:02:46 pm »

Day 1- The Assembly

You along with each of your classmate approach the device, place your hand on it, and are told your deck theme. It seems the themes aren't being kept secret here either, as once the whole class has finished, you are each introduced, including your theme.

-First is a girl named Séance Hikari, her hair long and black with purple streaks running through it. Her Deck Theme is Supernatural
-Second is a boy named CYOTC whose bangs come down to cover his eyes. His Deck Theme is Waifu's with Guns
-Next is Glenn Jerkson, with fairly standard spiked hair that is split between black and purple. His Deck Theme is Science Fiction
-Fourth comes Chadwick Factor, with a simple black crew cut. Their Deck Theme is Military
-Then is a girl seemingly only named Helen, with a tangled and unkempt mop of hair. Her Deck Theme is Bacteria
-A boy named Dagon comes next with hair sprayed up into an excessive bang jutting to one side. His Deck Theme is Magic
-Juliette Bourbeau follows, with long dark blue hair she has trouble keeping out of her face. Her Deck Theme is Retro Magitech
-An odd boy named Gesus follows, with simply unkempt hair and a pair of strange, antenna-like strands sticking up from the back. His Deck Theme is Randomness, Vice-Headmaster Geofferson raises an eyebrow, intrigued.
-A small girl scurries up to the device looking more like a woodland creature than a person, loopy curls hanging down from around her head, up to and including concealing her eyes. She doesn't introduce herself, so Vice-Headmaster Geofferson introduces her as Wichtel Klein. Her Deck Theme is Goblins

"Very good everyone!" Vice-Headmaster Geofferson cheers. "Now then, before you all go to your first class of the day, it is time for you all to create your first cards! And, as you have yet to learn anything of card creation, we will be using the most basic template." He presents a series of empty Card Frames, handing one to each of you. "Name, Image, and Color, the mandatory three requirements to make a card. Remember, all card images are 100x180 Pixels, so if your image is not that, or at least the correct ratio, the creation may fail and you will be required to try again."

"These 12 cards, will form the Core Set for this year, that every player can pull from when making their decks, regardless of theme incompatibilities. So keep that in mind when creating them if you were considering having your first card be something personal to you."

"I also understand that some of your favorite colors may be black, or some other significantly dark shade. Unfortunately, for reasons unknown, only monsters have been able to create cards with frames so dark the text is rendered in white. As such, any card will become a lighter shade as it is made."

---

*Card Name:
*Card Image:
*Background Color:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 07:08:28 pm by Failbird105 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2021, 02:22:32 pm »

*Card Name: Add:e gehæ BLÆCes drenċ
*Card Image:
*Background Color: Dark Green

(Translation: Of Healing and Potions) "Wicka, or witchcraft. Though many agree they were just herbal remedies, they continue to this day in fools who see magic as real and to be feared, containing curses and black magic. What lies within this book I wonder? May this card show the proof of those fears." Seance starts to giggle. Like her sister once did she creates a spell, though she also has ideas for her first real card from watching her in that tournemnat..
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 02:24:44 pm by TricMagic »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2021, 03:08:23 pm »

*Card Name: White Noise
*Card Image:
*Background Color: very light grey

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2021, 04:14:30 pm »

Dagon cautiously proceeded through the well-kept halls of the Academy, making no real attempts to communicate with the other students, rather ambling slowly with a certain lackadaisical aura about him. For a moment, he pondered CYOGTCG, or at least his place in it,

"Magic. . ." The word tumbled off the tip of his tongue in a whisper. 'Maybe that's why Galileo filled my bag with these juvenile little spell books. But, could he have known?' The idea of being given a theme to exclusively adhere to was odd, the staff nor Geoffrey even attempted to explain it. By the time he'd reach the first class, Dagon was lost in his own daydreaming mind. . .

*Card Name: Learned Sage
*Card Image:
*Background Color: #4169E1
I've lost control of my life.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2021, 04:34:08 pm »

Glenn considers the situation. For the Core Set, it is important to create something viable, yet something I don't mind going up against...

*Card Name: Red Shirted Space Cadets
*Card Image:
*Background Color: Red

(I feel I should mention that the main reason I used NPC players in my game, was because only two people were actually playing at the start. Creating cards for them may take a considerable amount of effort when doing the updates.)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 04:35:54 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17