Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22

Author Topic: SPAMDRAGON: ZENDRAKIEL the RESPLENDENT!  (Read 13339 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMDRAGON: ZENDRAKIEL the RESPLENDENT!
« Reply #240 on: October 30, 2021, 10:48:10 pm »

Your eyes narrow, the pupils contracting: irises wide, whorls of blue-green fire. "And what?" you hiss, resonant. "You'll kill one, and I'll loose your entrails. I'll stake your head over my city, and no pirate will trouble me again."

The captain's gaze wavers, and the dagger shudders half-hearted in his hand… you snap your glare suddenly to the pikeman, rising on your good foreleg. "If that dagger draws blood, I'll rend you both."

The pikeman's weapon shivers downward. He doesn't budge from his spot— still, you have an opening. You leap.

Fear, fury, death. Terrified, the pikeman drops to the ground, cowering as you hurtle past. The captain drives his dagger into the woman's shoulder (a hasty blow), whipping out a polished cutlass— she screams, as you pin him cutlass and all to the ground. The captain spits in your face, glaring. The blood from your foreleg gathers in the wound and falls, splashing golden over the captain's neck; he howls, and you strike his throat open.

Turning, you force the surviving pirate asprawl with a judicious shove. Delicately, you slice a wound across his forehead with one claw— you promised, after all. "Extinguish my blood," you order, "and free my children. I must close this gash before it burns your ship to the ocean floor."

"See to it that my daughter's shoulder is well tended," you add, slinking past him. "If she dies, you die."

Whimpering, the man takes up a bucket. You leap out the hold and immediately into the air, so as not to spill ichor on the dry deckwood. Circling low over the ocean, you quench your injury in the frigid waves: the glassy clot will hold, for now.

You turn up the stolen coffers of your HOARD easily enough. Besides your coffers, you don't find much of value on the ship— the pirates, you learn, spent most of their pillage keeping themselves supplied from day to day. New Codhollow was a larger target than usual, hoped to turn their fortunes around… Ervin soon put paid to that.

Crewed by the surviving pirates and the freed captives, the Falling Star (as your people have rechristened it) makes good time against Karkast, the Smith. You sleep in the hold, surrounded by your watchful subjects. When the moons rise, you watch over them in turn.

Under Ervin's guidance, the people of New Codhollow have made steady repairs in your absence. Doors are back on hinges, and the pirate ships lie gutted, the skeletons of new fishing boats rising beside.

Captives reunite with loved ones; tears and laughter fill the air. You march your six prisoners to the meadhall, exulting in the cheers of your people.

The captive pirates kneel sullen, fearful before your dais. Ervin and Lucias stand to either side of you, while Myrre watches by the door: the distaste remains clear on her face, but she seems to have some investment in this.

"The empire law is clear, my lady", says Ervin, watching the huddle. "Death to captains, a brand on their crew. If a branded man is caught in piracy, he loses a foot. If a branded cripple is caught, he loses his bowels."

Four of the captives bear the skull on their foreheads. One wears a carven leg.

"What's empire law to us?" retorts Lucias, surprising you. He's thinner than he was when you left. "We lost people to these— these—"
Lucias falls silent. Ervin doesn't respond.

A) Kill them all.
B) Brand, cripple and execute, as the empire would do.
C) Charge them to tell your story, and release them.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 12:08:32 am by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 30, 2021, 10:58:12 pm »

B, but the survivors will be put to work.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 31, 2021, 01:17:16 am »

+1
It gets the point across.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 31, 2021, 08:11:03 am »

+1
It gets the point across.

D Brand the cripple across the lower chest and the others across their lower legs. Then put them to work. We don't have the supplies or the mercy for cripples. Should they try and run before their duty is fulfilled they will find their lives short.
A reminder that our mercy is only because of our promise, if they manage to escape they had best never stray within the kingdom's waters( or lands).
We don't have the time or wood better put to repairs.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 31, 2021, 08:35:05 am »

B - These are the only ones who survived anyway, so I think we've already taken our blood fee.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 05, 2021, 09:04:14 pm »

"The empire's law is fitting," you declare, sibilant. "But let them remain here, fettered. Let them labor over the bones of their ships, and you will have new fishing-boats by their hands."

It takes the convicted men a moment to understand your words. Presently they begin to wail, beg, protest— too late. Already the guards have them by the wrists, by the ears.

After long, luxurious sleep, you preside over a lovely execution and maiming the next morning! Ervin handles the unpleasantries, with the aid of an ornate Arresh blade from the Baron's old treasury: it flashes ferocious against the rising sun, new oil and new blood and old metal. When the time comes to brand the unbranded, you heat the Arresh rod with your own clean fire.

1250 AD, Midwinter

You lounge on your dais once more, a queen in her element.

"There is a shortage of housing, lady ZENDRAKIEL," begins Lucias. "Fourteen buildings were made uninhabitable in the winter weather, from ruined roofs or broken doors. Your people will rebuild, with time— but the carpenters labor now on boats for the spring. The unlucky are tight-packed in the houses of friends, or huddled in the far corners of their own."

A) Let the carpenters patch roofs with the pirate timber, whatever roofs can be patched. Fishing boats can wait.
B) Let my own hall shelter those who need it. There will be thatch in the spring.
C) Wood and meadhall will all go to the needy!
D) Let the people continue to shelter in each other's houses.

Ervin steps forward next, saluting with pressed fingertips. "Priestess Myrre has asked that we send a messenger to the high king, my lady," he says. "She believes he has failed his obligation in defending us, and demands imperial reinforcement of the city guard."

A) So be it. Myrre will write the letter.
B) So be it. Lucias will write the letter.
C) So be it. I'll dictate the letter myself!
D) No letter will be written.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 05, 2021, 09:06:47 pm »

BA

A priestess seems like the right person for the letter to come from anyway.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 05, 2021, 09:10:52 pm »

BC, Before Charisma, Dragons Rein. Make sure to get some advice from our advisers though. Proper human niceties are likely different from dragon customs.
This is actually correct, yes, we’re the charisma dragon. Let’s do the charisma stuff. BC
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 09:06:33 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 05, 2021, 09:13:13 pm »

BC
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 10:40:32 am by Fluffe9911 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 05, 2021, 09:17:01 pm »

BA

A priestess seems like the right person for the letter to come from anyway.
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 06, 2021, 01:03:04 am »

BC
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 12:39:31 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 06, 2021, 03:12:19 am »

Myrre's the one who worships the fish-god and doesn't like us, btw.  Maaaaybe not the one to write an arrogant demand letter to our nominal superior.

BC.  We're not that bad off and we can recruit some more soldiers in the new year.  For the nonce it isn't protection we need.. we're right here.  If we do have a letter, request some resources instead of soldiers, to help rebuild a bit faster.

A different letter will probably still let Myrre write one, btw, and send it with the other.  No letter might mean no message in winter and no preparing to assault us over the season.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 10:16:22 am by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22