Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: SPAMDRAGON: ZENDRAKIEL the RESPLENDENT!  (Read 13374 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMDRAGON: ZENDRAKIEL the RESPLENDENT!
« Reply #195 on: October 23, 2021, 11:09:21 pm »

C and C.

But one modifier, before we loot, we should pose atop the walls, clearly visible to the town below, and shoot a blast of fire into the sky.  It'll visibly demonstrate both our victory and our splendour.  That should help in the rout and better ensure that we get properly credited for our victory.

(Plus we might end up attracting more people to us, too, which means more treasure, food, and perhaps worshippers.)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 24, 2021, 01:10:34 am »

C and C.

But one modifier, before we loot, we should pose atop the walls, clearly visible to the town below, and shoot a blast of fire into the sky.  It'll visibly demonstrate both our victory and our splendour.  That should help in the rout and better ensure that we get properly credited for our victory.

(Plus we might end up attracting more people to us, too, which means more treasure, food, and perhaps worshippers.)
I will give a +1 to that!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 24, 2021, 01:56:21 am »

C and C.

I will give a +1 to that!
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 24, 2021, 02:14:32 am »

CC
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 24, 2021, 11:29:21 am »

C and C.

+1 (Also cant wait for future historians to write about the time a dragon lead a human army in a battlefield)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 11:31:07 am by Fluffe9911 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 24, 2021, 12:37:41 pm »

C and C.

+1 (Also cant wait for future historians to write about the time a dragon lead a human army in a battlefield)
+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 24, 2021, 01:41:59 pm »

"Report back to your captain," you say, holding your RESPLENDENT head high. "I will remain here, and hold the castle for your final assault!"

The soldiers cheer, and depart through the northern gate. Your blood still aboil, you fly up to the southern watchtower— a fearsome beacon to all below— and loose great coils of fire, surrounding yourself in twisting light. You roar as the fire writhes, the dissonant cry of your sun-scorched kin: a dozen-dozen melodies clashing against each other, beautiful and incomprehensible. You are as GLORIOUS and PERILOUS as the desert blaze!

As the imperials rout their way through the town, you turn your attention to a dragon's favorite pastime.

For all their marauding, the lopers left the lord's quarters more or less intact... unconcerned, perhaps, with petty treasures. The lady of the castle is slumped dead in a corner, and an armor-stand by the wardrobe stands divest of hauberk and helm.

You take the greaves and boots from the stand, and a modest jewel-coffer from the top of a dresser. Snatching a dense-woven curtain from the bedframe— it's seen better days— you gather your prizes in a dragon-carriable bundle.

The distant shouts and screams are starting to fade. Your tax-obligation fulfilled, you consider how best to make your exit with treasure in claw.

A) Report back to the captain before you leave, making no secret of your claimed prize.
B) Report back to the captain, then double back for your prize and slip away.
C) Just fly off with your loot now. You're sure the captain'll put in a good word for you.

Spoiler: worldbuilding stuff (click to show/hide)
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 24, 2021, 01:44:47 pm »

B.  I think in this case it'd be easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 01:47:02 pm by Devastator »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 24, 2021, 01:47:15 pm »

A
We're a dragon and we just helped them take the castle. We're taking the treasure.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 24, 2021, 02:09:25 pm »

A

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 24, 2021, 02:23:35 pm »

A normal soldiers do it all the time to expect a dragon not to get some loot for themselves is pure madness

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 24, 2021, 02:25:25 pm »

A dragon's worth is in it's horde. We're not burning down the countryside, but we can't go home without anything. That's just bad manners.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 25, 2021, 03:37:09 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 25, 2021, 12:15:24 pm »

A
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 27, 2021, 03:20:13 am »

You loft over to the imperial tents—some of which, the soldiers are already taking down—and land with a grand ruffling of wings before the captain. He's fitting reins and saddle on a big dun stallion, shouting now and again at the odd peasant-levy.

"Your castle is retaken, captain, and mostly intact," you purr, triumphant. "Its town is freed by your knights, and the valley fields wiped clean. The loping tribes will fear to strike here again for three or more of their generations."

"Am I right in declaring, captain, that my tax-service to you is at an end?" You beam with self-contentment, and with ill-feigned modesty.

The captain grins, staring you in the eye—no mean feat, for a human. "I won't deny, you've saved us many days and many lives! I'll put in a good word with the ledgermen... if you ever take tax-service again, ask for Rudric of Gost. Not a war goes by in the north that the court doesn't throw me into, &@#! them."

Captain Rudric inclines his head slightly, and raises his hands to you with the splayed fingertips pressed against each other. "In my prerogative as captain of fifteen-score, I declare your debt, land-vassal ZENDRAKRIEL, paid in service. I discharge you in all honor." Grinning again, he mounts his horse— sweeps a brief farewell-gesture— and is off, riding into the city.

He didn't even mention your prize, how tactful! Hoisting the velvet bundle, you leap into the thin winter air.

-1 0 -1 -2 -1

You return home to a disaster.

Broken doors, burnt thatch, old blood on the frost-crusted streets: New Codhollow is in disarray, its people scrambling to build over and clear away the scars of some attack. You storm into your meadhall, demanding answers.

"Pirates, my lady," reports guardcaptain Ervin, his left arm conspicuously bandaged. "Two days ago. Three ships, from across the Arran Sea. They burnt our docks, seized your wealth, killed my men— we drove them back, but at cost. One of their ships escaped us, carrying captives and coin from our people and from your HOARD."

"Moderate loss of populace and military strength," adds Lucias: he's uninjured, but hollow-eyed. "Severe economic damage. Minor theft from your HOARD. Minimal unrest among the people." The young secretary glances up from his numbers. "The festival dedication earned you a place here. They still trust you."

"Our sailors may have seen the fleeing ship's bearing," says Ervin. "You'd find it within the week, with luck, if you gave chase."

A) BLOOD FOR BLOOD! To violate a dragon's lair is death!
B) Stay in the meadhall, oversee town rebuilding. It's not worth further risk to the people.

y'all were unlucky :-\
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 03:21:44 am by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22