Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31

Author Topic: (SG) Petty Kingdom of New Mahallo: Reign of King Arawn  (Read 20111 times)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Petty Kingdom of New Mahallo: Minority
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2021, 09:07:45 pm »

A (skeletal) warrior standing in the bow of a Mahallo canoe, using a light blue background
The adaptations to historical Arawn's arms would tie it to our personal circumstance rather than pure imitation, and include our subjects. (If the artist wants to go ham on the detail and include more warriors and/or agricultural bounty in the canoe, that's fine with me.)

Merchant Families
They seem to have the most immediate application during our school years, and economic development is perhaps a prerequisite to working up a more suitable military.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2021, 09:17:04 pm »

Your not making it cool enough

Coat of Arms: multi-headed bone hydra shooting lasers (red lines) from its skeletal sockets on a navy blue background

Crafting Considerations: Make it out partially of black stones and ivory, as well as inside obsidian in areas, have a giant idk elephant skull in the meeting area

Merchant Families
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 09:19:21 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2021, 09:18:27 pm »

A Skeletal Rider, Dipping his Lance to Charge against a Crimson Background
Thieves Guild

they'll call us Skull McDuggery

If we want to go FULL-ASS in on necromancy (and I do), whether or not we want to be bloody conquerors, it sounds like having the Thieves' Guild on our side would get rid of potentially the biggest internal disruption with New Mahallo, and we'd already be doing dirty disreputable shit to an extent - I don't mind having a bit of a bad reputation, since my plan is to use fuckery to defuse the problems it brings.

I choose the skeletal rider mostly because it is very cool
+1
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2021, 10:12:29 pm »

and Raid Leaders because while experinced their expertise is in NAVAL combat which isnt very useful for a kingdom that is land locked also they are just the what passes as generals locally im sure the merchants could help find us experinced foreign generals more apt for land warfare plus relying on the clans military may severely hamper our military development in the future should the clans decide to push back against change.
They're mainly experienced at naval combat now, yes. We're probably going to work on changing that at some point, which getting to know them will assist with.

Completely ignoring (or deliberately snubbing) our people's military because "we're going to do better later" sounds like a recipe for disaster. We're not going to be able to import a full army with foreign generals like some kind of exotic fruit basket, and even if we could we'd never be able to afford it. Getting a better military is going to involve at least some working with what we have, not fighting against it or throwing it out because it's not what we wanted.

Your not making it cool enough

Coat of Arms: multi-headed bone hydra shooting lasers (red lines) from its skeletal sockets on a navy blue background
Is it possible to be too rad as hell?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2021, 11:54:07 pm »

but guys
skull duggery

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2021, 03:56:09 am »

A Pineapple Sitting in a Basket, Surrounded by Other Decoratively Arranged Exotic Fruits and Fowl Against a Light Blue Background
. Let us make at least a small overture to our new subjects.

Raid Leaders. As it stands, I doubt we could survive a battle with our sibs. However, combine a guerilla force that know the local terrain and get around it quickly WITH the unthinking dead, and we can make New Mahallo a into a tar pit for our sibs. It might be too costly for any enemy to deal with us until they can marshal an expensive and large force to fully occupy the land. This grants us time to do a whole lot of skulduggery to get rid of them.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2021, 04:25:45 am »

Thieves Guild

they'll call us Skull McDuggery

If we want to go FULL-ASS in on necromancy (and I do), whether or not we want to be bloody conquerors, it sounds like having the Thieves' Guild on our side would get rid of potentially the biggest internal disruption with New Mahallo, and we'd already be doing dirty disreputable shit to an extent - I don't mind having a bit of a bad reputation, since my plan is to use fuckery to defuse the problems it brings.

I choose the skeletal rider mostly because it is very cool
Architect Advice: Keep the bone motif. It's probably going to be one of our hallmarks moving forward..
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2021, 08:22:44 am »

but guys
skull duggery
It's a good pun but I want us to be infamous for exotic scum, not pickpocketing our own tax base while they're at market.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2021, 11:02:06 am »

I just think developing our kingdoms economy should be the number 1 priority we can still get close to the local militia without making their leaders our roommates

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2021, 01:21:07 pm »

A brownish keep might lend itself to a floral, wooden or nature look.  It would fit with the local culture as well and be easier then a full refit.  Adding real plants and water or murals and wall hangings could fix a lot of the bad looks with dressings.

A Skeletal Rider, Dipping his Lance to Charge Against a Crimson Background

Extended Family

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2021, 02:15:26 pm »

Architect Advice: Keep the bone motif. It's probably going to be one of our hallmarks moving forward.

Crafting Considerations: Make it out partially of black stones and ivory, as well as inside obsidian in areas, have a giant idk elephant skull in the meeting area

You inform Giovani that you will be using the coat of arms employed by the original Saint Arawn. You also instruct him to build upon the Orcish bone motif, perhaps specifically adding some ivory. Mabey some obsidian to bring the whole aesthetic together.

The artist nods. "Sharp for a four year old, aren't you my liege? Looking to learn necromancy from the old lich are ya? Well even if he refuses to teach you, your subjects wont know any better if you live in a necromancer's fortress. Consider it done."

---

Quote from: Votes
Thieves Guild - 3
Raid Leaders - 2
Merchant Families - 3
Extended Family - 1

Anybody care to break the tie and cast/change their vote for Thieves Guild or Merchant Families?

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2021, 02:22:50 pm »

(I mean doesn’t having money means that if we’re in a military crisis that we just pay mercenaries to defend or conquer lands for us?, money can solve many problems, though we would have to lend to the bank owners instead I imagine)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2021, 02:35:22 pm »

I don’t really care what coat of ar,a we go with, but let’s invite
Exiled Low Nobility, as favor with them means they won’t be enemies later

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2021, 03:00:49 pm »

I'll switch from Raid Leaders to Merchant Families.

I just think developing our kingdoms economy should be the number 1 priority we can still get close to the local militia without making their leaders our roommates
The more I think about it, the more I suspect this to be the case.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2021, 03:52:06 pm »

I vote for thieves guild.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31