Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38

Author Topic: The Cosmic Throne: A Magic Battle Royale -- TURN 14  (Read 25842 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: The Cosmic Throne: A Magic Battle Royale
« Reply #285 on: August 17, 2021, 03:18:40 pm »

"Ouch. I should've just crushed them or something. No matter, they are weak. I shall try to ignore the pain for now."

"But for now..."

For the first time in its entire existence, Apparition finally thinks of the concept of actually creating something for once. Something else than more of itself. Servants, as they may be called.

It concentrates and sprouts small growths of its own mass, and then in a shaking motion separates them from its body, essentially undergoing budding to create copies of its first small form. These copies lack self awareness or complex thought, among other advanced attributes, but still do possess intelligence to solve basic problems themselves.

It calls them, The Buds.

| The Buds | SMALL SIZE | BLOB| ♥ 1 |
| ANIMALISTIC | ROLLING BODY|
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

| The Shapeless Apparition | Assimilation/Change Mystic |
| ♥ 9/7 | MGT:1 SKL:1 HRD:4 WIL:4 |
| (++) Assimilation Magic | (+) Change Magic |
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 09:13:10 am by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 17, 2021, 03:28:59 pm »

Here is your Mystic's sheet plus minisheet widget. You should copy it back into your action post.
Just trying to help everyone transition over to keeping track of their own sheets. It's really not that hard once you get the hang of it. :))

Also, Unraveller, what's your take on such "specified creatures" as the one in Magmacube's post, how do you intend to handle it?

Here, magmacube, copy everything beyond this point back into your action post:

--  The Shapeless Apparition --

| The Shapeless Apparition | Assimilation/Change Mystic |
| ♥ 9/7 | MGT:1 SKL:1 HRD:4 WIL:4 |
| (++) Assimilation Magic | (+) Change Magic |

« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 03:37:38 pm by Strik3r »
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 17, 2021, 03:42:44 pm »

(( As with everyone else's magicks of creation, I will roll the action as usual, the result will fall out of it. I don't *mind* if people relay to me their specific desires when it comes to creations whether that's through a detailed description or a list of stats/traits, but I don't guarantee it coming out exactly as intended, I have my methods based on the rolls. Sure, there's a chance that Magmacube's action creates exactly what they've written, but you know, the dice are fickle. Just to be clear, unless otherwise stated, the only 'official' creature statblocks are ones that I create for them. ))
I've lost control of my life.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 17, 2021, 04:22:06 pm »

(( As with everyone else's magicks of creation, I will roll the action as usual, the result will fall out of it. I don't *mind* if people relay to me their specific desires when it comes to creations whether that's through a detailed description or a list of stats/traits, but I don't guarantee it coming out exactly as intended, I have my methods based on the rolls. Sure, there's a chance that Magmacube's action creates exactly what they've written, but you know, the dice are fickle. Just to be clear, unless otherwise stated, the only 'official' creature statblocks are ones that I create for them. ))

((Defenitely a sensible and logical way of going about it, with any statblocks provided by players acting as "targets". Just to be clear as well, the only reason i gave The Metamorph a specified statsheet is because she was adapted from a Mystic sheet, and i needed to convey what she is, along with some extra fluff. I'm actually more worried about the situations where players specify really weak things, then end up rolling really high. :P))

((Also, i don't wanna seem like i'm pestering people about the sheets thing. Quite the opposite, i very much want to help everyone in that regard if there are any issues and make it as easy as possible for everyone. So also if anyone wants their section of the list in a nice, clean, quoteable form, for example if you're phoneposting where cutting a 25k length post might be difficult, just post so in this thread, and i'll copypaste it from a text document. Then you can just quote my post, remove the surrounding stuff, add your action in front and BAM! you've got a perfectly formatted action post that Unraveller will be VERY happy with. Then come next turn, You'll just quote that post, cut away all the surrounding stuff again, make any adjustments to the sheets as needed and again add your actions above the sheets, and so on and so forth. :P It really can't get any simpler than that.))

((Just for the sake of it. Here is the widget template, with placeholders:

| POP LVL:  | (name) | (something) SIZE | (aproximate shape) |
| ♥ (max wounds) | MGT: SKL: HRD: WIL: |
| (trait) | (trait) | (trait) | (Add or remove trait blocks as needed)

Just replace placeholders with appropriate stuff and you're good to go.
Can also be put on a single line like this:
|| (name) | (something) SIZE | (aproximate shape)| POP LVL: || ♥ (max wounds) | MGT: SKL: HRD: WIL: || (trait) | (trait) | (trait) ||
))
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 04:24:58 pm by Strik3r »
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 17, 2021, 04:30:04 pm »

Amon cry’s out in pain, The cry being utterly terrifying due to tense emotions and his warping form. “ARRRRGGGGHHHHH! YOU BASTARD! GIVE ME POWER! I DESERVE IT! DO YOU KNOW ALL I WENT THROUGH FOR THIS!? AND YOU DENY ME?

After learning his lesson? and during some venting, Maybe destroying a few rocks. He decides to do something less spread out.

Multiple forbidden words flow out of his mouth, Enhanced by his luck and the thrones power.

(Amon uses the same spell to do this, Like nature girl when she made the two species, It’s basically the same concept. Hope that’s okay.) Amon imbues himself and the earth with the concept of life, eldritch and cosmic.

(The life for me is intended to heal myself while the life for the earth is intended to create a new species.

Character sheet:

Gazey:

Bob:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 04:33:09 pm by Knightwing64 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 17, 2021, 07:39:58 pm »

((This looks to me like 3 spells on two areas, like 6 small spells, maybe try imbuing you and the earth with the same concept, that would be more like what I did probably))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Cosmic Throne: A Magic Battle Royale -- TURN 10
« Reply #291 on: August 18, 2021, 05:19:40 am »

"Well it seems the staff needs to recharge between uses, that's acceptable given its power, but this mud has given me an idea."
Have the Enkindled Ones start building walls and trenches around the entrance of the tomb out of the dried mud, while I raise the any dead sentient or otherwise that still reside undisturbed around the tomb.

-- Dr. Unpleasant --
| Dr. Unpleasant | Death/Creation Mystic |
| ♥ 6/6 | MGT:2 SKL:2 HRD:2 WIL:4 |
| (++) Death Magic | (++) Fire Magic(CD:1) | (+) Creation Magic |

Spoiler: Dr. Unpleasant (click to show/hide)
Minions:
| POP LVL 4 | Ashen Idols | HUMAN SIZE | ASH HUMANOID |
| ♥ 1 | MGT:2 SKL:1 HRD:3 WIL:0 |
| MINDLESS | WATER SOLUBLE | LIFELESS FORM | EQUIPMENT | MOUNTED |

Spoiler: Ashen Idols (click to show/hide)
| POP LVL 6 | Enkindled Ones | 1/2 HUMAN SIZE | EMBER HUMANOID |
| ♥ 1 | MGT:2 SKL:0 HRD:2 WIL:0 |
| MINDLESS | EMBER BODIES | LIFELESS FORM | EQUIPMENT |

Spoiler: Enkindled Ones (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 18, 2021, 07:52:09 am »

((This looks to me like 3 spells on two areas, like 6 small spells, maybe try imbuing you and the earth with the same concept, that would be more like what I did probably))

(K, Changing the wording a bit.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 18, 2021, 09:00:02 am »

You’re still imbuing 2 areas with 3 concepts, Ask Unraveller if that is 2 spells, 3 spells or 6 spells

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 18, 2021, 09:19:49 am »

(One can chose how much they exert themselves. I'm kinda hoping the throne drains them dry so there is one less mystic to fight.)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 18, 2021, 12:16:10 pm »

(One can chose how much they exert themselves. I'm kinda hoping the throne drains them dry so there is one less mystic to fight.)

(Damn. I’m changing it.

Lemme ask Unraveller first though, Is what I did multiple spells?)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 12:18:34 pm by Knightwing64 »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 18, 2021, 12:28:59 pm »

(( To be fair, considering the precedent we've set forth throughout the earlier turns,  Amon has been able to manipulate the concepts of the Gazelings, BoB, and himself in one breath. In of itself this is fine, you could argue this is because of proximity, and maybe that's how his magick works. The only potential difference here would be that you're at the highest point in the world, and the new land is far down below. That might be disparate enough to require a distinction. ))
I've lost control of my life.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 18, 2021, 01:15:45 pm »

((Oh yeah, the throne is probably far above the ocean, so if you’re trying to imbue life to the earth, some of thst might carry to the oceans as well, which I’m fine with, just letting you know that might be a possibility, though I’m not a concept mage so I don’t know))

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 18, 2021, 01:46:45 pm »

(( To be fair, considering the precedent we've set forth throughout the earlier turns,  Amon has been able to manipulate the concepts of the Gazelings, BoB, and himself in one breath. In of itself this is fine, you could argue this is because of proximity, and maybe that's how his magick works. The only potential difference here would be that you're at the highest point in the world, and the new land is far down below. That might be disparate enough to require a distinction. ))

(I’m okay with that. The reason why I was kinda confused was people were calling me out on something I’ve done every turn and saying it was wrong, So I wanted clarification. Thanks for elaborating Unraveller!)

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 18, 2021, 01:49:46 pm »

"He-he... Zombies... All blasted..."

Spoiler: What happens... (click to show/hide)

| Yellow Pixel | Pixel/Happiness Mystic |
| 5/5 | MGT:1 SKL:5 HRD:2 WIL:2 |
| (++) Pixel Magic | (+) Happiness Magic |

Spoiler: Yellow Pixel (click to show/hide)

Close friends:

| POP LVL 4 | .squirrels | SQUIRREL SIZE | 2D SQUIRREL |
| 1 | MGT:0 SKL:2 HRD:1 WIL:0 |
| ANIMALISTIC | TWO DIMENSIONAL |

Spoiler: .squirrels (click to show/hide)

| POP LVL 2 | Pixel Falcons | HIPPO SIZE | 2D FALCONS |
| 3 | MGT:2 SKL:2 HRD:3 WIL:1 |
| ANIMALISTIC | TWO DIMENSIONAL |

Spoiler: Pixel Falcons (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 02:24:36 pm by Yellow Pixel »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38