Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 105794 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R2, Day 3): There Is No Soup Store For Truth
« Reply #615 on: October 14, 2021, 06:19:31 pm »

Nah I'm dumb actually.

Roden said Tric did nothing last night, which means Roden is lying or some bullshit is going on. That's game.

I still believe that Tric's scumbuddy might be able to link things to Tric (we don't even know if Tric is telling the truth about the ability being both ways), but it looks like I need to bind my vote to yours as much as possible.  Unless someone else wants to vote Met, we'll lynch Roden and if Roden is town we should lynch Met (or Vector, but probably Met) tomorrow.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 14, 2021, 06:21:55 pm »

Vector is 1000 IQ mafia if that's even possible, and Met is probably just town. So it's just Roden. Feel pretty dumb not seeing that D1 but I kept a reminder that they would always be mafia first before Jack.

And also, you weren't the only one scumreading Roden.  NJW2000 has suspected Roden the entire game.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 14, 2021, 06:25:19 pm »

Vector suspected Roden as scum.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 14, 2021, 06:26:41 pm »

Tric was voting Roden before voting himself.  Now personally, I think this was to tie the vote on Met, but it's definitely WIFOM so we know scum is either Roden or Met.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 14, 2021, 06:29:52 pm »

Spoiler: Roden's Ninja Rant (click to show/hide)

...I will admit Roden's ninja rant is suspicious.  I mean, I could come up with better theories, most likely because I don't have the answer to the puzzle.
But to those in the informed minority...NINJAS

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: October 14, 2021, 06:31:16 pm »

I take credit for nothing. This game shows my brain short circuits into "everybody is town" if no deaths occur.

Roden has to be lying about their N2 results on Tric, do you see that? It's quite incriminating.

Tric isn't some ninja either since NJW saw Tric on N1. So Roden should have seen Tric target NJW.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 14, 2021, 06:39:29 pm »

I did say I was being truthful about not doing anything. That Lovers on N2 surprised me as much as anyone. Our time zones just aren't synched up properly.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 14, 2021, 06:41:56 pm »

My issue, as I said before, is that if the scum team (tric and player x) had the ability: "Target player becomes lovers with Tric", then the scumbuddy could have bound NJW to Tric.  Tric is probably lying about the ability going both ways.

But I've got no major problems voting Roden.  If nothing else, it saves us from having this conversation tomorrow.

I did say I was being truthful about not doing anything. That Lovers on N2 surprised me as much as anyone. Our time zones just aren't synched up properly.
...and then mafia Tric tries to save Roden.  Oooh, more Wine!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 14, 2021, 06:43:58 pm »

My issue, as I said before, is that if the scum team (tric and player x) had the ability: "Target player becomes lovers with Tric", then the scumbuddy could have bound NJW to Tric.  Tric is probably lying about the ability going both ways.

But I've got no major problems voting Roden.  If nothing else, it saves us from having this conversation tomorrow.

...and then mafia Tric tries to save Roden.  Oooh, more Wine!

:)
I'll even hammer him for you nd we can move on to the next day.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 14, 2021, 06:46:34 pm »

Actually, both Roden and Met, at this point, should vote themselves.  It would free up town to vote whom they wish instead of having to keep 2 votes on one person, and plays to the wincon of Town.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: October 14, 2021, 06:49:12 pm »

Hey Tric, I especially like that last part.  Is that a hint, or even more Wine?
...I'll note that if Vector was the scumbuddy, the excuse would be "and my scumbuddy was busy and mostly unresponsive".  No offense Vector.
From what I can tell, Tric is more-or-less in the same time zone as Roden, but different time zones than Met.  Hm, mmm, enjoying the wine.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 14, 2021, 07:03:06 pm »

Hm, I was thinking again about Tric's claimed ability, and it seemed odd that Tric would chose to Redirect Toonyman's actions onto me, since Toonyman had no claimed action role.  Redirecting either my or Roden's ability would prove our roles, and redirecting me onto Roden (or visa versa) would make sense if we were the suspected scum team.
Yeah it would make more sense wouldn't it? It's another illogical choice from Tric.

I think the main reason a mafia!Tric would have to make up the "I redirected Toony to Jack" claim is that NJW outed the fact that Tric targeted me on N1. NJW and Tric are at odds with each other.

Let's think about how a Tric/Roden mafia team would decide their target on N2:

Toony - they have already lover'd me
Tric - no reason to target self
Roden - no reason to target partner
Vector - immune for at least one cycle
Met - already kind of suspicious, could easily get lynched on D3
NJW - a good target, the least likely to get lynched between Met and Jack
Jack - a decent target, not as suspicious as Met but more likely to get lynched than NJW anyway

Mafia don't want to Lovers someone who is likely to get lynched. NJW was the least likely to be lynched between NJW/Jack/Met. This is why NJW was hit with Lovers last night.

Metruption
I admit it's possible Tric is partners with Met, but Roden seems more likely to me. I will try to elaborate in the future.

Oh duh, it is Roden.  I didn't get Lovers, NJW got Lovers, ergo it has to be Roden.  Met as scum would totally have Lover'd me.

Throughout the entire game, it's been:
NJW2000 suspicious of Roden and Jack
Jack suspicious of Met

So for the end game, Roden would want me around and Met would want NJW2000 around.  Sorry Roden, you're mafia.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 15, 2021, 09:21:52 am »

So ... can we hammer Roden?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 15, 2021, 09:25:02 am »

I was waiting for Fal to finish us up. But if it's okay I'll go ahead and link the MafiaCOchat.

GG. And I really need an actual Kill if I need to be Mafia, think Fal rebalanced things a bit too far in Town's favor here. Could have been fine if there was an experienced player in mafia, but not for us. (Why is it only execution?)

Note, Roden surrendered too.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 15, 2021, 09:51:28 am »

What is this even
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 153