Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 105804 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R2, Day 3): There Is No Soup Store For Truth
« Reply #600 on: October 14, 2021, 04:26:57 pm »

I mean, not like I can actually kill using an ability that only activates on execution. Or the fact my partner is never on. Literally the worst people to get it. And the fact it was used wrongly.

TricMagic

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 14, 2021, 04:27:07 pm »

I've sort of lost interest as this is just a melange of wack mechanics and whatever is going on in this setup is super bastard and my ability that I thought would pop off n2 is going to still be useless going into n3
Nobody expects the double tie into mafia never killing.

At least it's not a cult, that's the real bastard.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 14, 2021, 04:27:23 pm »

I mean, not like I can actually kill using an ability that only activates on execution. Or the fact my partner is never on. Literally the worst people to get it. And the fact it was used wrongly.

TricMagic

lololol

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 14, 2021, 04:28:39 pm »

Hey to be fair, I don't think any game mod expects a game to have two ties in a row. FoU clearly did not balance your lover mafia ability around the fact of town never lynching anyone and me holding onto my day-only poison shot.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 14, 2021, 04:33:21 pm »

First, Psychology is a real science(so many statistics). Second, the fact you used flavor to catch me isn't the best result. At least the chaos of day 2 was fun. Even if the sheer number of anti-mafia tricks is mean.

Also, really should have saved my other ability for Vector. Instead I attempted to use it to secure my alibi on someone who had no night ability and was roleblocked. (Everything I've actually told you about what I did at night was true, other than me using Lovers at the same time as my redirect. Or I'm lying ;) )

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 14, 2021, 05:04:40 pm »

I actually wanted more a description on what the Lover effect did, as I had a feeling the one doing it would not be as aware of things as the ones being targeted. I didn't really care about the flavor. Although you not stating more of your role at the start of the game and merely claiming some flavor was incredibly suspicious for Tric's meta, as myself and Vector noticed.

It's entirely your fault Day 1 was a tie, and I had a post where I was going to vote you a second or two before day ended for putting me in a situation where I needed to kill you or have a no lynch. I have absolutely no idea why you would play a game of chicken like that as mafia. If I gave into bloodlust and posted the vote you would have just straight up died.

Also I'm still submitting my poison shot on you. Eat deadly toxins for tricking me.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 14, 2021, 05:33:32 pm »

Fun fact, it went into effect. Now I'm going to go have a nap and eat MafiaCo brand eggs.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 14, 2021, 05:44:36 pm »

Tric, I didn't use flavor to catch you at all. As someone mentioned, I've been on your butt the whole game due to your Day behavior. Toony even tried at one point to claim it was the same as last game and I was like, "LOL no."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 14, 2021, 05:47:37 pm »

Hey Tric can you describe exactly how the lover effect resolved on you, for N1 and N2?

By the way, convincing me to NOT poison you would be better for your wincon, regardless of your alignment.

More meant this, asking for what happened. However since I was the one to use it.

Also, I stepped up my confidence, but you did see rather early on. Really should have targeted you N1.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 14, 2021, 05:48:12 pm »

(And if there is a third party around I am going to laugh.)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 14, 2021, 06:06:05 pm »

Tric, I didn't use flavor to catch you at all. As someone mentioned, I've been on your butt the whole game due to your Day behavior. Toony even tried at one point to claim it was the same as last game and I was like, "LOL no."
I wasn't sure but you're right. Tric still made some baffling decisions that mafia shouldn't do, but I guess it barely edged out in his favor because of that.

Anyway uh...Roden I guess? NJW and Jack are confirmed town at this point.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 14, 2021, 06:09:46 pm »

Vector is 1000 IQ mafia if that's even possible, and Met is probably just town. So it's just Roden. Feel pretty dumb not seeing that D1 but I kept a reminder that they would always be mafia first before Jack.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 14, 2021, 06:14:29 pm »

How is Met town?

Is Vector at all suspected mafia?

If Roden is town, he can track Vector.  Then Vector and Tric are both covered.  But if Roden is mafia, that gives him another round of action.

Yet Met kept alive only gives mafia another round of action, if Met is mafia.  If Met is town, game might be over before their supposed ability even triggers.

Also, Tric's scumbuddy can join his lynch currently and get Tric lynched.  I'd be more comfortable if there were two votes on one suspect.
SO...Roden, if only to keep Tric from being lynched.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 14, 2021, 06:15:48 pm »

Nah I'm dumb actually.

Roden said Tric did nothing last night, which means Roden is lying or some bullshit is going on. That's game.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 14, 2021, 06:17:32 pm »

A game

WHERE NOBODY DIED
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 153