Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 49

Author Topic: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 4/9 [Eruption: Fallacy of Logic- Hackers Win]  (Read 49837 times)

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
  • Stray Cat cancels hunt vermin: seeking infant.
    • View Profile
Re: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 5/9 [Day 3: Toon Force Murder]
« Reply #630 on: July 07, 2021, 12:06:53 pm »

There is something though that makes it hard to justify a Roden/pref team. If this is the team, why would Roden go after Jack as opposed to FoU? I've been way more vocal about scumreading FoU. The only explanation I can think of is that they might be provoking a self-vote from Jack, but that seems a little too villainous.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 07, 2021, 12:09:04 pm »

Roden, can you unvote? I'm getting nervous about the possibility of a pref-FoU team. Please.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 07, 2021, 01:37:42 pm »

Yeah it could still be pref / FoU. But I think if that were the case I would have died last night instead of Toony.

Actually, it can't be a pref/FOU team, unless one of them is unable to post for some reason.  If the team was pref/FOU, then the one vote on me would have been hammered by them for the win.

At this point, we know that either Roden or myself is scum.  The vote has been pending for ... exactly 12 hours now.  If one of us was NOT on the scum team, the scum team would have hammered their two votes for the win.

Like I said Roden, I got time.  Gonna let Magma pick who to lynch, you or Pref.  Their choice.
I would prefer for you to vote for Roden today; on the off chance that it's Roden-FoU I'd hate to throw the game by randomly voting out pref.
Speaking of which, why are you voting for Jack today Roden? What happened to your reads from yesterday?

Request granted.
Roden

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 07, 2021, 02:04:41 pm »

Roden, can you unvote? I'm getting nervous about the possibility of a pref-FoU team. Please.
No. Look at Jack's posts and tell me with a straight face that town made those.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 07, 2021, 02:27:11 pm »

I should've trusted my gut Day 1. I can't believe I rewarded scummy play with a town clear.

You rewarded?  As in, I owe you something?
???

What? How did you even come to this conclusion?

You gave me a reward, ergo I should be indebted to you.  That is how I read your post. 
Since you gave me the town clear, how dare I call you scum!  <---That is specifically how I read your post.
I...don't know how you could possibly come to that conclusion. I regret town reading you because you were scum who was playing scummy on purpose to get labeled as a flailing newbie townie the whole time. I don't think it's possible for town to play as you have at this point.
But I am town, and I have played like this, ergo it is possible.  But that is not important right now.
I think it is completely possible for mafia to have played like you have. 
The posturing. 
The buddying of the Vet that is probably town (now confirmed PR).
The discussion of power roles
The lynch of the person that questioned your discussion of power roles, which lead to the lynch of a power role, by the way.

I actually want to policy lynch Hedgerow at this point. Trying to cause a tie is flat out anti-town. There's absolutely no way we should let someone live if they're going to blatantly open wolf like this.

I'm pretty sure Euchre just listen to your spiel during the first five pages and wanted to be cool or something; I highly doubt he's mafia.

The sense of entitlement (or maybe I'm the only one reading that) Or maybe "the Gnosia team didn't realize how it was supposed to be played until it was too late."
The active discussion of the Night Kill

Words of a deadman? I seem to be using a bit of your language as well, Roden.
The problem is that this isn't actually a case. Saying "look at this" but not explaining why anyone should or what specifically is scummy or how it's scummy...none of this actually means anything.
I do agree with this. Jack has been doing this all game, he just dumps a bunch of information and asks rhetorical questions without making assertions of his own. I've been debating internally over whether that makes him scum, or whether it's because he's a newbie. The problem is that I'm pretty sure I pointed this out to him on d2 and he hasn't improved, so it could just be the former.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 07, 2021, 02:27:48 pm »

(Obviously I'm going to check whether I pointed it out to him on d2. I have a terrible memory and I can't remember if I actually pointed it out or if I forgot to do that).

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 07, 2021, 02:43:58 pm »

@Magma: The team is pref/roden.  Look at how they're double-teaming me.  Also note that I have not been hammered, even though it's been over 12 hours.
If they had the votes, the game would be over.

Pref was ID'd by the tracker, Toonyman.  Toonyman said to Pref "Why did you kill Blue?"

Roden started D3 with an offhand comment "Why don't we just vote EuchreJack and see what happens?"
Then tried to get me to vote FOU with the threat of voting me.
Roden tried to keep me from posting my 2 pages of info (with my page settings) of info against them via threats.  Just LOOK at Roden's posts in the middle.
Then alleged that everything I was doing was scummy to detract from it.

Roden's behavior all game has been that of Mafia:
The posturing. 
The buddying of the Vet that is probably town (now confirmed PR).
The discussion of power roles
The lynch of the person that questioned your discussion of power roles, which lead to the lynch of a power role, by the way.

I actually want to policy lynch Hedgerow at this point. Trying to cause a tie is flat out anti-town. There's absolutely no way we should let someone live if they're going to blatantly open wolf like this.

I'm pretty sure Euchre just listen to your spiel during the first five pages and wanted to be cool or something; I highly doubt he's mafia.

The sense of entitlement (or maybe I'm the only one reading that) Or maybe "the Gnosia team didn't realize how it was supposed to be played until it was too late."
The active discussion of the Night Kill

And finally...the control.  Roden has been trying to exert control all game.

I know, at this critical juncture, that I can't win this alone.  I need to rely upon my fellow townies to assist me to win.  I'm not in control, I even asked Magma, the kingmaker in our scenario, whom I should vote.  And I did so.

Roden knows they've got someone out there that can hammer my lynch home.  I don't.
And I think Pref was fingered by Toonyman.
...also, Roden was trying to get either FOU or Magma lynched end of day 2.  The plan was to have votes up on them both, then drop their matching vote at the last second.  I barely figured it out in time to switch to Roden.  I'm sorry I wasn't able to hammer the No Lynch, I was playing video games when the players did that.

Look at how Roden reacted to my change of plans.  Such anger.  But why?
Because I foiled Roden's plan.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 07, 2021, 02:48:40 pm »

@Magma: Does only Roden get to define what is scummy?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 07, 2021, 02:53:21 pm »

Like I said Roden, I got time.  Gonna let Magma pick who to lynch, you or Pref.  Their choice.
I would prefer for you to vote for Roden today; on the off chance that it's Roden-FoU I'd hate to throw the game by randomly voting out pref.
Speaking of which, why are you voting for Jack today Roden? What happened to your reads from yesterday?
My reads didn't change. I said FoU/Jack was a likely pair and Jack has essentially confirmed it at this point. If I was wrong, scum would've quick hammered my vote by now.

I assert that this post clearly illustrates the control that Roden is trying to exert.  That statement is only true if Roden is Town.
If Roden is scum, then scum doesn't have to votes to quick hammer the vote on me.  At this point, unless FOU is gone or something, it really is either Roden or I.
I have an advantage over Roden in this scenario: Roden has to act like town, whereas I actually am Town.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 07, 2021, 03:01:07 pm »

Jack you can't turn this around lol. I got town read by literally everyone by the end of Day 2, and you got heavily scum read. You aren't doing anything to help your case by refusing to answer questions and twisting a dead player's words to fit your narrative. It just doesn't work that way.

@Magma: I assert this post by Roden to be the gloating post of a mafia player who thinks they have won.  The part where Roden says "I got town read by literally everyone by the end of Day 2, and you got heavily scum read" especially sounds like a mafia player gloating.  Why should a Town player be gloating in Lylo?  Town should be scared.
Not gloating.  Not so sure.

You have doubts, Magma.  I have doubts.  Neither of us is gloating about our inevitable victory.  We're scared because we're town. Roden is gloating.  Ergo, Roden is scum.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 07, 2021, 03:11:02 pm »

There is something though that makes it hard to justify a Roden/pref team. If this is the team, why would Roden go after Jack as opposed to FoU? I've been way more vocal about scumreading FoU. The only explanation I can think of is that they might be provoking a self-vote from Jack, but that seems a little too villainous.

@Magma: I think I can answer that.

First, I was on when Roden started posting, and I'm frankly easier to rattle.  FOU would probably present a stronger case as the more experienced player.

Second, I think Roden is genuinely pissed off at me.  I think its personal, for my messing up Roden's end of Day 2 plan.  I think, when I stupidly self voted, Roden probably could have hammered with pref, but wanted the thrill of getting Town to actually lynch me.  Winning wasn't enough for Roden: It had to be a win where town actually mislynched me, or where Roden could trick me into voting FOU.  Roden wants the superiority.

Am I getting a little too far into the fringe theories with this post?  Apologies town.  I realize there is only so much that people can digest at one time, so I'll put my case on Roden on hold for now.  I can refine other prior posts, but how many pages can a person read and process at one time?  Let me know when/if you want me to continue.
Up to you Magma.  I'm basically ignoring Roden at this point, unless you'd like me to respond to something they say.

@Pref: Shouldn't you start after Roden?  Your townie claim will look better if you go after Roden now.  I still think you're scum, but maybe you'll be able to night kill me and convince the others?

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 07, 2021, 03:26:54 pm »

Honestly I want to wait to hear more from pref and FoU before coming to a decision. My reads on them are probably what's going to swing my vote the most.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Peoples' reads (esp. ToonyMan's) make no sense.
Toony...
[...]
Nothing you're saying here makes sense. :/

Uh Magma, sorry to bother you, but I thought this post from Toonyman made some sense.  Remember, he was the town tracker, veteran town player.
I'm not sure if he was trying to survive the mafia's bullet, or if he wanted you to figure this out.
It looks to me like Toonyman surrounded by his enemies, Roden and Pref.  Who are now saying the same things about me, after they killed Toonyman.

I'll go back to shutting up until Pref and FOU post more.  Upon re-rereview of prior posts, I notice they both start posting around 6pm, so in the slim chance Roden is not scum and they couldn't coordinate their hammer:
UNVOTE

I'd advise you do the same Roden.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 07, 2021, 03:59:44 pm »

Magma if you actually vote me after Jack bullshits everyone all game long I'll be astonished. He's flailing hard, keeps repeating himself, brings up things that have already been answered and clarified, and twists Toony's words now that he's dead.

Like, the fact that he wants to use Toony to clear himself when I was damn near hard cleared by Toony for two days in a row should tell him I'm town. But he's blatantly picking and choosing what he wants to accept as fact. This is a scum move.

Hell, if you want proof I'm town, I'm the one who backed off of Jack on Day 1. Jack was such an easy elim but I doubted myself because I didn't think scum would actually play so blatantly scummy. I would've just pushed the wagon and got him voted out if he was town and I was mafia.

In fact, right after this, Jack TMI'd that Hedge was town over and over again. He kept trying to admonish us and claim town cred for not wanting to vote Hedge. Do you honestly believe someone who was playing as poorly as Jack could identify a town newbie as strongly as he did?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 07, 2021, 04:00:31 pm »

@Roden: Did you notice Pref and FOU both start posting around 6pm?

It's possible that FOU hasn't seen the voting, and was unable to hammer.  I unvoted you, in the slim possibility they are the scum team.  I'm reasonably sure that you are scum, but don't want to risk losing until Magma gets a chance to weigh in.  Assuming you are town and you want Magma to chose between us who is scum, rather than risk Pref and FOU being the scum team and hammering me, you might consider unvoting me.

Roden, are you absolutely sure that I am scum and that between Pref/FOU there is only one scum?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 49