Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 49

Author Topic: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 4/9 [Eruption: Fallacy of Logic- Hackers Win]  (Read 49826 times)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 5/9 [Day 3: Toon Force Murder]
« Reply #615 on: July 07, 2021, 01:46:53 am »

I should've trusted my gut Day 1. I can't believe I rewarded scummy play with a town clear.

You rewarded?  As in, I owe you something?
???

What? How did you even come to this conclusion?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 07, 2021, 02:04:15 am »

I should've trusted my gut Day 1. I can't believe I rewarded scummy play with a town clear.

???

You gave me a reward, ergo I should be indebted to you.  That is how I read your post. 
Since you gave me the town clear, how dare I call you scum!  <---That is specifically how I read your post.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 07, 2021, 02:06:41 am »

Jack you can't turn this around lol. I got town read by literally everyone by the end of Day 2, and you got heavily scum read. You aren't doing anything to help your case by refusing to answer questions and twisting a dead player's words to fit your narrative. It just doesn't work that way.

Just wanted to quote this, since I almost missed it.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 07, 2021, 02:07:00 am »

???

You gave me a reward, ergo I should be indebted to you.  That is how I read your post. 
Since you gave me the town clear, how dare I call you scum!  <---That is specifically how I read your post.
I...don't know how you could possibly come to that conclusion. I regret town reading you because you were scum who was playing scummy on purpose to get labeled as a flailing newbie townie the whole time. I don't think it's possible for town to play as you have at this point.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 07, 2021, 02:26:30 am »

???

I...don't know how you could possibly come to that conclusion. I regret town reading you because you were scum who was playing scummy on purpose to get labeled as a flailing newbie townie the whole time. I don't think it's possible for town to play as you have at this point.
But I am town, and I have played like this, ergo it is possible.  But that is not important right now.
I think it is completely possible for mafia to have played like you have. 
The posturing. 
The buddying of the Vet that is probably town (now confirmed PR).
The discussion of power roles
The lynch of the person that questioned your discussion of power roles, which lead to the lynch of a power role, by the way.

I actually want to policy lynch Hedgerow at this point. Trying to cause a tie is flat out anti-town. There's absolutely no way we should let someone live if they're going to blatantly open wolf like this.

I'm pretty sure Euchre just listen to your spiel during the first five pages and wanted to be cool or something; I highly doubt he's mafia.

The sense of entitlement (or maybe I'm the only one reading that) Or maybe "the Gnosia team didn't realize how it was supposed to be played until it was too late."
The active discussion of the Night Kill

Words of a deadman? I seem to be using a bit of your language as well, Roden.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 07, 2021, 02:41:20 am »

???

But I am town, and I have played like this, ergo it is possible.  But that is not important right now.
I think it is completely possible for mafia to have played like you have. 
The posturing. 
The buddying of the Vet that is probably town (now confirmed PR).
The discussion of power roles
The lynch of the person that questioned your discussion of power roles, which lead to the lynch of a power role, by the way.

I actually want to policy lynch Hedgerow at this point. Trying to cause a tie is flat out anti-town. There's absolutely no way we should let someone live if they're going to blatantly open wolf like this.

I'm pretty sure Euchre just listen to your spiel during the first five pages and wanted to be cool or something; I highly doubt he's mafia.

The sense of entitlement (or maybe I'm the only one reading that) Or maybe "the Gnosia team didn't realize how it was supposed to be played until it was too late."
The active discussion of the Night Kill

Words of a deadman? I seem to be using a bit of your language as well, Roden.
The problem is that this isn't actually a case. Saying "look at this" but not explaining why anyone should or what specifically is scummy or how it's scummy...none of this actually means anything.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 07, 2021, 02:43:15 am »

And you're still ignoring everything I asked and said earlier. You are literally admitting to being scum at this point.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 07, 2021, 09:14:08 am »

This is an easy case to make:

Quick hypothesis: Jack and FoU are scum, know that this is the most likely PoE for town, and he's trying to sow confusion.
Quick hypothesis: I hate you all, and I'm sick of playing with you.  I've been suspected all game by everyone, and now its going to cost the majority of you the game.  I think, at this point, I'm just going to claim to be the 3rd member of the mafia team, and change my win condition to match theirs.

ATTENTION TOWN: I was town, but am now considering myself to be Mafia-aligned.  Ergo, when you mislynch me, I shall call it a win.  And a jolly Fuck You to you all. Die in ditch.
Btw scum can quickhammer if you leave that vote up there Jack so you're literally proving yourself scum by self-voting.
Oops.

UNVOTE

All within literally one minute. Lynch all liars.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
  • Stray Cat cancels hunt vermin: seeking infant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 07, 2021, 10:27:12 am »

Like I said Roden, I got time.  Gonna let Magma pick who to lynch, you or Pref.  Their choice.
I would prefer for you to vote for Roden today; on the off chance that it's Roden-FoU I'd hate to throw the game by randomly voting out pref.
Speaking of which, why are you voting for Jack today Roden? What happened to your reads from yesterday?

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: July 07, 2021, 10:41:22 am »

This is an easy case to make:

Quick hypothesis: Jack and FoU are scum, know that this is the most likely PoE for town, and he's trying to sow confusion.
Quick hypothesis: I hate you all, and I'm sick of playing with you.  I've been suspected all game by everyone, and now its going to cost the majority of you the game.  I think, at this point, I'm just going to claim to be the 3rd member of the mafia team, and change my win condition to match theirs.

ATTENTION TOWN: I was town, but am now considering myself to be Mafia-aligned.  Ergo, when you mislynch me, I shall call it a win.  And a jolly Fuck You to you all. Die in ditch.
Btw scum can quickhammer if you leave that vote up there Jack so you're literally proving yourself scum by self-voting.
Oops.

UNVOTE

All within literally one minute. Lynch all liars.
You're saying he's lying because he's not actually mafia-siding? And you're not even voting for him. I don't see why you'd make this post as town.

I'm starting to buy into the pref/Roden world. I have a hunch that they're trying to get EuchreJack to self-vote again.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: July 07, 2021, 10:58:56 am »

Not voting because I don't want to put someone at L-1 at LYLO.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 07, 2021, 11:07:16 am »

And yeah, either he had a complete and instant attitude shift, or he was playing to win the whole time by throwing up a smokescreen of erratic behaviour (which has worked okay for him so far this game).

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 07, 2021, 11:15:50 am »

Like I said Roden, I got time.  Gonna let Magma pick who to lynch, you or Pref.  Their choice.
I would prefer for you to vote for Roden today; on the off chance that it's Roden-FoU I'd hate to throw the game by randomly voting out pref.
Speaking of which, why are you voting for Jack today Roden? What happened to your reads from yesterday?
My reads didn't change. I said FoU/Jack was a likely pair and Jack has essentially confirmed it at this point. If I was wrong, scum would've quick hammered my vote by now.

And yeah, either he had a complete and instant attitude shift, or he was playing to win the whole time by throwing up a smokescreen of erratic behaviour (which has worked okay for him so far this game).
It's definitely been his strat the whole time. It's why I'm pissed off, he tried to get himself town cleared with bad behavior and I fell for it.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 07, 2021, 11:18:03 am »

If I was wrong, scum would've quick hammered my vote by now.
Possibly not, since they still need to coordinate the timing and FoU hasn't been in here yet.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 07, 2021, 11:20:06 am »

Yeah it could still be pref / FoU. But I think if that were the case I would have died last night instead of Toony.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 49