Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 49

Author Topic: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 4/9 [Eruption: Fallacy of Logic- Hackers Win]  (Read 50037 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 9/9 [Day 1: Hackers Among Us]
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2021, 01:23:56 am »

@Webadict: Please promise not to Chinese Fire Drill.  This is a newbie game, and not a good place to be doing a Chinese Fire Drill.  Please?  :'(

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2021, 07:38:21 am »

Magma Mater
1. How much mafia experience would you say that you have?
2. Do you consider yourself good at the game?
3. What's your preference, town or wolf?
4. How would you describe your playstyle?

1. Most of my experience is on these forums - so with roughly close to ten games under my belt - albeit I have far more experience as mafia than town.
2. Fuck no.
3. Weirdly enough, mafia - albeit that doesn't mean I want to be it all the time.
4. Reserved until I get a trail - I like to lay back, wait for picking breadcrumbs from other players, then push players I get suspicious of. That's usually why I don't post much the first hours of the game.

Magma Mater - would you prefer a doctor or a bullet-proof in this setup?

Euchrejack
Read list:

Confirmed Town: EuchreJack - Let me see, yup still town
Slightly town: prefuzek - scumhunting and calling me out for not doing enough of it

Null team:
Roden.
Rolan7
Magma Mater
webadict
ToonyMan[Veteran Player]

Scum team:
BluarianKnight - Blue is always scum
hedgerow - Awaiting a response that might convince me they're not scum

First off - I feel like this is far from a readlist. At best you've confirmed yourself and another player as town on your list (the equal number of a mafia-team) while avoiding and leans downward. No comment on any of the other players past scum team.

You put me on here just because of my luck;

Quote from: EuchreJack link=topic=178609.msg8290220#msg8290220 date=1624654455
[b
@Blue:[/b] Did you roll scum again?

This doesn't make me feel better about assumptions - you asked then smacked me on, which means you're reaching.
Don't know why yet, but.. I dunno. Poor readlist, just confusing.
It does have one good point on it though.

Hedgerow:
EuchreJack.

I'd say the BP is irrelevant.  The hackers are going to win you over with flirtatious misinformation and forked reasoning.  We should eliminate anyone who buys into the townie-killing narrative, first.

Your first post is a vote against Euchre, why?

As well, your narrative of 'eliminate anyone who buys into townie-killing narrative' is.. first off, confusing - I'm maybe misreading but I don't know what that means, but second, it's aggressive. It feels like you want to put someone on the chopping block for any reason you can muster.

Newbie town can hunt, but full-out 'vote whoever' is a mafia tell, at least for me. I'm willing to remove my vote if you prove me wrong, and give me a reason/explanation.

A quick list of reads;

I like Magma Meter's plays - no aggression, decent questions for a first start. I get town vibes.
Toony is Toony - god as my witness, I still can't read them to save my life. Mentor role might make them seem more town then worth, but for now town for me.
Pref's hunting is pretty good in my eyes - townlean.

I don't like hedgerow's quick aggression - want to see something from him to prove me wrong. Scum most likely for now.
Euchre rubs me wrong - tiny scumlean.

Null for everyone else!

i don't know. Can't do much else, everyone else null for now, Open and ready to deal with anything.
Problems or otherwise - blue's down to do some mafia.

Because we might have a tracker, and because they'll just ignore the BP and hunt down the other townies for a quick win.  The idea that they'll even target the BP when they're trying to not lose their data is ridiculous.  Just for entertaining that line of thought for a second, you're already spilling suspicious.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 08:53:50 am by hedgerow »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2021, 08:35:55 am »

@Webadict: Please promise not to Chinese Fire Drill.  This is a newbie game, and not a good place to be doing a Chinese Fire Drill.  Please?  :'(
Why me? I would probably promise that, but I would end up breaking it eventually. I'll give a rough "maybe".

Anyway, since I'm feeling a bit better, initial feelings are:

Magma Mater - Super blathery but also super Town. Probing for answers. Enter the pocket.
EuchreJack - Very Town. Sheeping the right answers.
hedgerow - Hmm... Town. Call it a hunch. I would explain why, but only if hedge asks. The pocket easily fits two.
Roden - Townlean. Against the BT strat for what feels like legitimate reasons. Is that even a good reason to trust someone is Town? Maybe. Still gonna do it.
Rolan7 - I forgot everything I read from them.
BluarianKnight - Scumlean. Absolutely no reason. Okay, maybe also because bias.
ToonyMan - Was Townlean until they didn't like EuchreJack's reasoning for BluarianKnight, which is really baffling and super passive. Give me better.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2021, 10:29:10 am »

@hedgerow:
Don't edit your posts!

Web didn't mention Pref in his list so maybe the scumteam is Web/Pref?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2021, 10:39:32 am »

I actually agree with Bluarian about Jack which seems to be a minority opinion. I think this makes mafia! Bluarian less likely. Even if we're wrong I don't believe Blu would trying to go against the flow of shading Jack as mafia when blindly reading them as spew town is easier. It feels to me they aren't sure of player's alignments.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2021, 10:43:33 am »

Editing posts in the game is bad form. If you need to make a change, just quote the old and make those changes, pointing out what you edited. Or for smaller ones just point out what you meant to say.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2021, 10:45:14 am »

Editing posts in the game is bad form.
 If you need to make a change, just quote the old and make those changes, pointing out what you edited.
removed last sentence, and made spacing. Just for show.

In case of GMs, we do make edits to our info if it's wrong. Or unclean.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2021, 11:29:54 am »

Web didn't mention Pref in his list so maybe the scumteam is Web/Pref?
OMGUS from a Toony? Why, I never.

I, clearly, left prefuzek off the list as a cunning ruse, which you obviously fell for. Heh, chalk one up for the good guys.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2021, 11:44:34 am »

Unvote Prefuzek

This doesn't feel like a newbie game at all.

Town Reads
Roden - reasoning here
BluarianKnight - reasoning here, if they are mafia then it's likely with Magma or Pref but I don't think it's likely currently

Weak Town Reads
Magma Mater - are we even in a newbie game? they're insanely proactive so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt this isn't expert mafia play, and unlike Jack their posts don't make my mind melt
Prefuzek - has posted once, but the post was good

Neutral
Rolan - one time poster, feels slightly town
hedgerow - two time poster, have no read

Suspicious
EuchreJack - freaks the heck out when hedgerow votes them declaring that Hedgerow is likely mafia forming a bandwagon on townie Jack! I think they're spewing themselves as mafia currently so I guess they should keep posting for town's benefit
Webadict - pocketing everyone, also Jack gives strange reasonings for why they're town here

For now, Rolan7, where you at?

@Hedgerow:
Got anything to say besides BP mechanics?

I recommend that players should vote people unless it would put them at L-1. So keep it at three votes max on someone right now, although you could say where you vote would be if it would put someone into L-1.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2021, 12:20:19 pm »

@Toony: I can pocket however many people I want. I'm not seeing your Blu reasoning at all, and absolutely disagree with your Jack reasoning by a mile. Additionally, I believe your reasoning for declaring Roden town is a low level read at best, and an easy one to maintain without having to do any real reading. I would know, because that's literally what I saw. Roden wrote off the BT plan as an unfun strategy, as opposed to an unfair one, which reads towns to me for multiple reasons, but also reads further to being a power role, which is why I absolutely think your pocket reads scummy to me.

If you want to show me as scum, using things that Jack has done is a really bad way to do so. Go through my pockets and uncrumple those pieces of paper and read them out loud. Because you're likely planning to try to get Rolan to show up, fail at that, and then swap to EuchreJack eventually, instead of pushing it out now while there's chances to comment on your argument.

Let's go nooooow. Jack freaking out on people isn't outside of meta. Give more.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2021, 01:03:41 pm »

I'm keeping my vote on hedgerow for now, since their second post did not make any sense, although I'm waffling because they remind me of TricMagic as Town, in that maybe they're just awful at explaining themselves but playing Town.

@Hedgerow: Keep posting, it will either confirm you're scum, convince those of us voting you to back off, or convince other players to threaten us to unvote or vote elsewhere.  It will help Town if you keep posting, and might help you also.

Now I'm going to get out of the crossfire between Web and Toony.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2021, 01:08:48 pm »

But Tric got a lot better in our last game, maybe Hedgerow can get better at explaining themselves too?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2021, 01:20:50 pm »

@Webadict:
I am in such a good position this game it's not even funny. I'm a top mafiakill tonight regardless of whether or not I'm a PR which works in my favor either way. You know exactly what mafia!Webadict would do in this game? Pocket the town with their partner in it while trying to get me lynched today. But it's an impossibility for them as I am never being lynched.

I want to get more out of Rolan and Hedgerow, but yes I currently think Web and Jack are the most suspicious.

And yes, mafia!Jack spewing their partner is an excellent way to find the scum team. For example, Jack also throws shade on Bluarian which makes me think it's very unlikely the team is Jack/Blue:
Alright, one final thing: Don't rate Blue too highly as Town.  Blue might be a newbie townie, but they're an expert scummer.  Blue as mafia is perfectly capable of doing exactly what they're doing now.  In fact it reminds me of our last game together, where Blue flipped mafia (Roguelike).
However, Blue's quick jump on Hedgerow seems like a suicidal mafia team strategy if both were mafia, since it could lead to D1 hedgerow lynch then D2 town catching Blue as mafia and game over.  This means that the scum team is probably not Blue and Hedgerow.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2021, 01:41:26 pm »

@Toonyman: Now, now, Toonyman, you're probably the only player other than Blue that has even met mafia!Jack.  And he's a lot smarter than I am. 
PLUS, by your theory, I'd be getting Expert Tutoring from Webadict.  Ergo, my bad play is town play.  Why are you making such a bad push?
And where is your prohibition of diving into meta?

Also: Why AREN'T you voting me?

FOS Toonyman

I am never being lynched.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2021, 01:43:40 pm »

@TricMagic: A votecount would help, whenever you get a chance.  Thanks for administering this game!  You're awesome, we all love you!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 49