Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 131576 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: HOLY
« Reply #1485 on: February 21, 2022, 01:24:28 am »

Hugh watches as Genesis runs to the edge of the crater.  If he makes it, then Hugh teleports to him and relinks.  Hugh then eats the blackness from out of the crater in an attempt to reveal what lays hidden within.  If necessary he attempts to eat as much of the “tree” as possible (and certainly any parts of it that attack him or his companions).

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)

((Speaking of luck, I notice that Genesis has 4 fate points…))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: February 21, 2022, 02:48:15 am »

((I tend to use them sparingly. You get a fate point every time you roll a 1, so you should average 1 every 6 rolls or so. If you remember they exist :P))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1487 on: February 22, 2022, 05:30:16 pm »

Stay still, focus on my breathing, stay calm, slow my heartbeat, don't do anything that might make things worse. Just wait, listen, and hope that the rest of us are doing better than I am.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[5] +1 HP
You stay as still as you can. Despite the injuries, you don't seem to be bleeding to death. These homunculi bodies sure are resilient.

"I guess I could throw some stuff at them."
Grab some bricks and ask them to hit the hostile people then throw the bricks at them, while staying in the alleyway.
[3]
The bricks agree, but only if you promise to rebuild the house they were part of after this. They liked it there.

(Sunny stares OP in the eye and says "It's HE, HE is kawaii! HE HE HE!")

"Worry not friend, the sheer power of good vibes is on our side." Sunny pats Aaron on the shoulder keeping close to him, while watching out for non-friends who might seek to disrupt the good vibes. If any hostiles approach Sunny will kill them with kindness.

((Aaron looks a Sunny, and thinks the Narrator really can't seem to keep his friend straight.))  :D

"It looks like the others went toward the center of the crater. We probably want to keep close to them."
Aaron attempts to stealthily make his way toward where he saw Hugh heading. If something that looks human attacks him, he attempts to use non-lethal force. Otherwise he stabs it with his needle. He doesn't use his knife unless he has to to save his life.

((I'm going to be out of town for a bit more than a week, so until I get back, the above action, plus Aaron attempts to stay with the closest Homunculus. will be my repeating orders for my character.))

[2,6]
Sunny, whatever that is, and Aaron head down towards Hugh. Sunny manages to get separated somewhere along the route and ends up lost in some abandoned section of the town while Aaron trips and tumbles down the hill to where the others are currently mustering. [-3 HP]

"We have confirmation that the entity springing from inside that pit is what is capturing the villagers. See if you guys can't cover me somehow. I'm going to run for it. But that thing will probably see me in this open space."

Run for the cover nearest the excavation's edge. If any creatures attack me, dodge any humans, stab any who are not (with my needle) and keep the murderlance at the ready to counter the skythorn tree's attacks. Spend a fate point on this.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: links (click to show/hide)
"Good luck."

Grey takes out his rifle and shoots any creatures that take notice of Genesis's dash for cover, distracting anything that isn't harmed much by the bullets. He spends 1 fate point on combating the force attempting to destroy his spell as well.

If Genesis makes it to the other side Grey teleports forwards to him and relinks his needle.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: link web (click to show/hide)
Hugh watches as Genesis runs to the edge of the crater.  If he makes it, then Hugh teleports to him and relinks.  Hugh then eats the blackness from out of the crater in an attempt to reveal what lays hidden within.  If necessary he attempts to eat as much of the “tree” as possible (and certainly any parts of it that attack him or his companions).

((Speaking of luck, I notice that Genesis has 4 fate points…))
[6,6][1][4,1]+1 fate for Genesis. 
Hugh, Grey, Debby, and the newly arrived Aaron all watch quietly as Genesis sprints across the the open stone towards the excavation site. He actually manages to duck and weave through the shadows and empty spaces in such a way that he complete avoids detection. He looks over his shoulder as he reaches the edge of the pit and gives a thumbs up to his hidden teammates. And as he gives this thumbs up as he misjudges his run and ends up sprinting right off the edge and dropping into the darkness below.

The rest of the team all hiss and gasp at once.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: February 23, 2022, 12:48:01 am »

No time to waste.

"Genesis! Stay where you are!"

Grey points his needle forwards and looses the spell inside it: Maintain the health of Grey and all of his allies within 100 meters of him (5) and then teleports to Genesis.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 12:49:56 am by Fire and Glory »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: February 23, 2022, 12:55:40 am »

SLOWLY look around at my surroundings, orient myself, and listen. I need to be awake enough to react if someone comes towards me. But I'm very much not taking risks right now. I need to hang tight and trust my teammates.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: February 23, 2022, 01:04:31 am »

"What?!"

Wrap an arm around Grey when he appears. Brace for impact. Spend my new fate point on not dying, and another on not letting Grey die.

Hoo boy, here we go!
((new fate point brought me back up to 4 since I spent one last turn. I'll have 2 after this, unless I gain any more ...))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: February 23, 2022, 03:32:56 am »

"Well shit Genesis just fell off the cliff, do we know how deep the hole is?"
Ask the bricks if they mind being part of a different house somewhere else, and see if there are any ropes or chains around the alleyway we're in.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: February 23, 2022, 04:38:42 pm »

Ho. Ho.  Hoolllyyy!…”, Hugh exclaims as he quickly sprints to where he has a clear path the the edge of the crater (if necessary).  Once there, he eats the distance between himself and the crater’s edge (making sure that he stops just before the edge).  If successful, he then eats the darkness in the crater in order to locate Genesis and Grey, and then eats the distance between them and the space next to himself.  Spend a fate point on the above actions, if necessary.

((Crosses fingers))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Gotta Go FAST!
« Reply #1493 on: March 02, 2022, 12:29:46 pm »

Sunny explores the abandoned part of town.

Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: March 03, 2022, 07:33:49 pm »

((I'm back, and the world didn't end in my absence. Good.))

"Oh dear, this is not good."

Aaron groans, and runs in to a few feet from the crater. He also attempts to know which of his party's weapons is most effective against the source of the darkness.

Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1495 on: March 04, 2022, 12:55:37 pm »

Sunny explores the abandoned part of town.

[3]
Sunny completely ignores the battle going on and goes to look around. He unfortunately ends up having to hide in an abandoned building as the residents of the city charge up the hill and cut him off from the rest of the group.

SLOWLY look around at my surroundings, orient myself, and listen. I need to be awake enough to react if someone comes towards me. But I'm very much not taking risks right now. I need to hang tight and trust my teammates.

[4]
You stay on the ground and listen, slowly glancing around. Hmmm. Two story building...home by the look of it. Abandoned for a while and overgrown so probably near the perimeter of the crater. Plenty of noise in the distance but nothing immediately around you...likely no pursuers coming to check on you. You breathe slowly. You think you should be relatively safe here if you just stay quiet.

((I'm back, and the world didn't end in my absence. Good.))

"Oh dear, this is not good."

Aaron groans, and runs in to a few feet from the crater. He also attempts to know which of his party's weapons is most effective against the source of the darkness.

Gonna assume you're still up on the edge of the crater. [?]
Uh....the lance Genesis had is best overall.

"Well shit Genesis just fell off the cliff, do we know how deep the hole is?"
Ask the bricks if they mind being part of a different house somewhere else, and see if there are any ropes or chains around the alleyway we're in.
[4]
The bricks are ok with that, they suppose. The begin flying off and into the faces of attackers. [3] The best you can find for ropes or chain is a 15 foot length of rope that looks like it used to be used as a clothes drying line.

No time to waste.

"Genesis! Stay where you are!"

Grey points his needle forwards and looses the spell inside it: Maintain the health of Grey and all of his allies within 100 meters of him (5) and then teleports to Genesis.

"What?!"

Wrap an arm around Grey when he appears. Brace for impact. Spend my new fate point on not dying, and another on not letting Grey die.

Hoo boy, here we go!
((new fate point brought me back up to 4 since I spent one last turn. I'll have 2 after this, unless I gain any more ...))

[4][3]
The bubble of silence around the excavation pit bulges noticeably upwards, the force beneath it pushing ever upwards. Grey tries to maintain the health of everyone around him but what he releases is little more than a faint protection, something which might reduce harm ever so slightly. Then he yanks his thread to teleport to Genesis.
[4,6]
An arm grabs Grey before he can even comprehend his position. Genesis, using his other arm, Thrusts the lance out into the stone wall of the pit, using it to stop their fall.  The absolute darkness around them momentarily recoils. They glimpse the stone wall of the pit, studded with hundreds of skeletons.  They see the visible darkness all around them and can tell that darkness is actually made of ethereal thorn vines. When they look straight at it, it looks like only darkness, but at its edges, where its shrunk back from the lance, they can see the overlapping tendrils and dagger sized thorns writhing. That darkness reaches its full recoil and then, with building speed, begins to slam back down.

Ho. Ho.  Hoolllyyy!…”, Hugh exclaims as he quickly sprints to where he has a clear path the the edge of the crater (if necessary).  Once there, he eats the distance between himself and the crater’s edge (making sure that he stops just before the edge).  If successful, he then eats the darkness in the crater in order to locate Genesis and Grey, and then eats the distance between them and the space next to himself.  Spend a fate point on the above actions, if necessary.

((Crosses fingers))
(You have to choose to use a fate point before acting. It can't be conditional on the roll)

[6][2]

Hugh snaps his teeth and vanishes, appearing beside the excavation pit with a supersonic crack. However, when he tries to gobble the darkness,  he can't manage it.

Out to the south, in the forest nearby, something clangs and several hundred trees begin to topple over all at once.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: March 04, 2022, 09:38:35 pm »

« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 10:29:21 am by Fire and Glory »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: March 05, 2022, 03:08:06 am »

"Hey guys I've got some rope!"
Run over to the edge of the pit, if anything hostile gets in my path stab it with my sword.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: March 06, 2022, 11:02:34 am »

Grey regains his bearings and starts talking quickly.
"Ah, nice catch Genesis. I created a spell to protect us from the impact but feeling it now I think it will only shield one of us from one instance of harm. Do you want to go back to the surface or see what we can do from here? Or go it alone?"

Grey teleports up to Hugh.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 01:35:21 am by Fire and Glory »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: March 06, 2022, 11:16:56 am »

Staying quiet.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 116