Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 132326 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Shadowed Woods
« Reply #1080 on: October 19, 2021, 05:42:09 pm »

Spoiler: aa (click to show/hide)

"Wow. There is a lot of e everything outside. The thing we want to slaughter is probably in the woods, but I'm sure the people in that town have some tasty things- uh, I mean, perhaps they have information for us."

Go west along the path, holding my mouth open to devour the air, the dark, the starlight which falls on my tongue... and try to catch a firefly too!

Ho! Ho! Ho!  Well, hello there little feller!  My name is Hugh.  I’m a Glutton.  And who might you be?”, Hugh asks, jovially.

Hugh then picks Aa-tou-tou up and holds her with one arm as he opens his mouth and eats the distance between himself and the village (note: just the distance.  Not the space and stuff between himself and the village.  He’s hoping this will reduce the distance between himself and the village to zero).

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: October 19, 2021, 05:52:13 pm »

"I think I am called... Aa-tou-tou Lesia? I think you should call me Aa. What is a glutton? Is it tasty?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: ...a leaden crown upon the head of glory...
« Reply #1082 on: October 19, 2021, 06:54:19 pm »

Walk to the village and ask for the details of the disappearances:
1) where they all from the village or were some coming to the village from elsewhere?
2)what kind of people?
3)why were they traveling through the woods?
4) Were they together or separate?
5) What else is known about hte woods?
6) how long have these events been going on?
7) Any other events happen recently out of the ordinary?
8) observe the people's reactions to myself and the other homunculi as well. Also observe how they interact with each other: casual and friendly, stiff and formal, underlying hint of fear or suspicion?

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current link web (click to show/hide)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: October 19, 2021, 07:34:38 pm »

"I think I am called... Aa-tou-tou Lesia? I think you should call me Aa. What is a glutton? Is it tasty?"

((Noted.  Hugh is busy eating the distance between him and the village.  He’ll answer Aa’s question once piecewise does the next update.))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: October 19, 2021, 10:27:54 pm »

Stepping through the portal and orienting myself for a moment, I... mostly just follow Genesis for now and keep my eyes and ears open.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: October 19, 2021, 11:36:41 pm »

Aaron walks with Genesis, and tells him that he is pretty sure that the travelers, or what is left of them, are to be found in the northern part of the woods. He also tells anyone else walking with them this.

"Also, if you have anything else you think I could be helpful in finding out, tell me. I am, after all, a Cognizant."

In answer to Tess's question, Aaron seeks to know if any villagers know the cause of the disappearances.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 01:50:12 pm by fatcat__25 »
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: October 19, 2021, 11:58:16 pm »

"if the locals know the cause of the disappearances or not would be nice to know."
they might be part of the problem, rather than victims.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: October 20, 2021, 12:16:15 am »

"Also, if you have anything else you think I could be helpful in finding out, tell me. I am, after all, a Cognizant."
"Yes? Can you look into the past and perhaps trace the route of one of the disappeared? Do you need something that belonged to them or a picture or something to jump start your ability?"

"if the locals know the cause of the disappearances or not would be nice to know."
"Hmm. I assumed it was a representative of the locals that asked our help in this matter. But I suppose it doesn't hurt to be cautious."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: October 20, 2021, 02:54:25 am »

"This place looks normal enough I guess we don't need to be tied together anymore."
Follow the group to the town and untie the rope that ties me to Elizabeth.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: October 20, 2021, 08:16:21 am »

No reason not to mess with the conduit while we have time. Grey fixes the image of the Homunculi cave portal in his mind and starts touching everything, placing his palm on the eye marking, poking the circles with his finger, touching all three circles at the same time, touching the middle of the triangle, and touching the middle of the +, doing these things with both hands in varying combinations.

If thinking of the cave portal doesn't get Grey anywhere, he tries thinking of the conduit on the docks of that fishing town we were at earlier instead.

On the off chance conduit actually teleports Grey anywhere, he teleports back to the group using his needle links and heads into the village with everyone else. If it doesn't do anything, he still goes with the group.

Also, possibly a stupid idea, but at whatever point that Grey is traveling with the group he tries grabbing two needle threads in one hand and tugging three times. Say...[dice rolling] Youare and Aaron's threads.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 08:41:05 am by Fire and Glory »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: October 20, 2021, 04:46:29 pm »

Begrudgingly leave Icarus (the shark) and go through the portal, whilst pondering the possibility of making a small two way conduit.
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 06:14:24 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: October 20, 2021, 05:09:01 pm »

hehe, well, a turret would have been useful.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: October 21, 2021, 11:41:57 am »

greed looks through the eye of his needle and looks around
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1093 on: October 21, 2021, 07:29:23 pm »

"Wow. There is a lot of e everything outside. The thing we want to slaughter is probably in the woods, but I'm sure the people in that town have some tasty things- uh, I mean, perhaps they have information for us."

Go west along the path, holding my mouth open to devour the air, the dark, the starlight which falls on my tongue... and try to catch a firefly too!

Ho! Ho! Ho!  Well, hello there little feller!  My name is Hugh.  I’m a Glutton.  And who might you be?”, Hugh asks, jovially.

Hugh then picks Aa-tou-tou up and holds her with one arm as he opens his mouth and eats the distance between himself and the village (note: just the distance.  Not the space and stuff between himself and the village.  He’s hoping this will reduce the distance between himself and the village to zero).

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

[5]

Hugh picks Aa up, holds her under one arm, and opens his mouth. He bites down on apparently open air with a loud chomp and vanishes. Or rather, he eats the distance between himself and the village and simply exists over there now.  Aa, mouth open the whole way, swallows a great deal of darkness, air, and everything else along the way.  The result is an Aa wide cylinder of airless, darkness-less space that persists as a burning streak in mid air for a few moments before it collapses inwards with a thunder clap and flash of darkness. Its quite a thing to see and completely terrifying to anyone who doesn't expect normal Homunculi shenanigans.

Aaron walks with Genesis, and tells him that he is pretty sure that the travelers, or what is left of them, are to be found in the northern part of the woods. He also tells anyone else walking with them this.

In answer to Tess's question, Aaron seeks to know if any villagers know the cause of the disappearances.

[?]
None of the villagers know the cause for certain...but most have their suspicions as to what is going on.

No reason not to mess with the conduit while we have time. Grey fixes the image of the Homunculi cave portal in his mind and starts touching everything, placing his palm on the eye marking, poking the circles with his finger, touching all three circles at the same time, touching the middle of the triangle, and touching the middle of the +, doing these things with both hands in varying combinations.

If thinking of the cave portal doesn't get Grey anywhere, he tries thinking of the conduit on the docks of that fishing town we were at earlier instead.

On the off chance conduit actually teleports Grey anywhere, he teleports back to the group using his needle links and heads into the village with everyone else. If it doesn't do anything, he still goes with the group.

Also, possibly a stupid idea, but at whatever point that Grey is traveling with the group he tries grabbing two needle threads in one hand and tugging three times. Say...[dice rolling] Youare and Aaron's threads.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
None of these things seem to activate the Conduit or really cause it to do anything at all.

Thinking of a previous area you've been to and its conduit also does not help.

[3]
When you pull both treads at once, something rather odd happens. They both snap taut and you become incorporeal as usual. Once incorporeal you hover in mid air, shivering from side to side as the threads try to yank you one way and then the other. Finally the one to Youare snaps and you hurl over to Aaron. The entire thing takes maybe 3 seconds.

Begrudgingly leave Icarus (the shark) and go through the portal, whilst pondering the possibility of making a small two way conduit.
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)

You're gonna have to be more specific. Like two linked gates?

greed looks through the eye of his needle and looks around
"This place looks normal enough I guess we don't need to be tied together anymore."
Follow the group to the town and untie the rope that ties me to Elizabeth.
Stepping through the portal and orienting myself for a moment, I... mostly just follow Genesis for now and keep my eyes and ears open.

Walk to the village and ask for the details of the disappearances:
1) where they all from the village or were some coming to the village from elsewhere?
2)what kind of people?
3)why were they traveling through the woods?
4) Were they together or separate?
5) What else is known about hte woods?
6) how long have these events been going on?
7) Any other events happen recently out of the ordinary?
8) observe the people's reactions to myself and the other homunculi as well. Also observe how they interact with each other: casual and friendly, stiff and formal, underlying hint of fear or suspicion?

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current link web (click to show/hide)
By the time the rest of the group has reached town a large group of locals is standing around outside their homes. Apparently the terrific noise of Aa and Hugh's arrival roused them and they've gathered curiously to gawk at the newcomers. Hugh spent the intervening time laughing to himself and greeting everyone without explaining anything while Aa chased, and then ate, fireflies.

Genesis takes the lead and starts asking questions.

1) 4 people from the village disappeared. All the others were travelers who simply passed through. They reported their own losses and had not heard of the other 7.
2) Two were young men, one was an older woman, the last was a youth.
3) The first two were going to sell or buy from villages on the other side of the woods. The older woman to settle with relatives. The youth to try and find one of the young men after he vanished.
4) Separate.
5) It takes several days to cross through. The path isn't paved, just a dirt track worn by passage, and winds about. [5] They say there's an older town in the woods somewhere called Greenveil. Supposedly it used to be a major town but has declined in the last decades and may or may not be abandoned. They claim its people grew depraved.
6) The first disappearance was about 8 weeks ago.
7) Most say no, but a few farmers claim that some of their crops are missing.
8) They seem to have a semi-fearful respect for you and answer your questions willingly but carefully.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Hungry
« Reply #1094 on: October 21, 2021, 08:08:01 pm »

"Well, I think if someone disappeared trying to find the last people who disappeared, then all we have to do to find the objective is to do what they did and go out there! And then we can butcher whatever it is and eat its remains!"

Link needles with Hugh, then prance down the path into the forest. While being some distance from everybody else, try to eat a spot of air, then eat the Vacuum before it goes away.
If that goes fine, then poke my head into the woods. I can afford to explore a little bit since I can just Link back to Hugh.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 08:06:15 pm by Egan_BW »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 116