Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 132280 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Precise wording
« Reply #1065 on: October 15, 2021, 08:08:31 pm »

Youare is no longer naked and goddamn ready to go. <snip>

So, before, he was “naked and goddamned ready to go” but now he’s not?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: October 15, 2021, 08:12:20 pm »

GM, look in spoiler.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 05:42:31 am by Ozarck »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: October 16, 2021, 04:58:56 am »

"I see. I was just concerned about Elizabeth to be honest. She's been so quiet and just going along with whatever since she got here. I want to make sure she's still okay, and that she knows that she's free to do as she pleases."
"I'm sure if she thinks something is to stupid or dangerous to do or be around she'll say something or at least I'd hope she would."

See what kind of things I can get the doll to do, then get ready for the next mission.
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Hungry
« Reply #1068 on: October 18, 2021, 02:33:12 am »

Name: Aa-tou-tou Lesia
Description: A pale, fat thing resembling a waterlogged corpse, bloated, with discolored nails and recessed eye sockets. Shoulders, upper back, and thighs covered in incongruently healthy-looking orange fur. Large, triangular, yet bald ears atop head, and a huge mouth lined with numerous needle-like teeth. Apparently female.
Nature: Glutton
HP: 10
Inventory: None
Fate Points: 0

Begin existing. Acquire equipment. Wander towards portal.

"Hungry..."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1069 on: October 18, 2021, 10:02:07 pm »

I'd like to test if turning my tail into materials has the same odd difficulty in controlling it that I seem to be having with my wings. Other than that i'm ready for another mission. I haven't asked my question and would like to wait to ask it.
((so in short, to avoid meta concerns about odd body shapes, replacing non-standard-human body parts doesn't work as well as replacing standard-human ones?))
"Elizabeth and I are doing well especially since we didn't receive any major injuries during that whole ordeal on the boat, if your wondering about the rope it was just a precaution in case we got washed overboard, I'm not sure if I should remove it yet or wait until the next mission to see if it's still needed.
"I see. I was just concerned about Elizabeth to be honest. She's been so quiet and just going along with whatever since she got here. I want to make sure she's still okay, and that she knows that she's free to do as she pleases."

Yep, and it includes the tail as well. Mostly just want to avoid someone creating a character with traits specifically designed to abuse their powers.

(Hugh is ready for another mission.  Just wake him up whenever.))

((P.s. do humonculi even need sleep?))

(Depends on the Homunculi. You're fairly similar to humans so you do, though you need much less.

In response to Tess:
"I'm Aaron Blackstar, a Cognizant, it is good to meet you, and I look forward to our work together.

Aaron then stuffs his needle up his sleeve, and tries finding some fairly non-perishable foods from the conduit to stuff in, as well.

(I'm ready to go then.)

A quick test of putting stuff into your sleeves seems to show that things placed there are "Frozen" in time. Warm foods stuffed in come out equally warm even an hour later. So you just stuff in anything good.

(I wouldn’t know about their animated natures either if I hadn’t gone over the early posts a while back. The dummies can’t leave the room though so no shenanigans to worry about there.)

One more thing. Grey waits for one of the dummies to jump in the air and then Maintains its current position in time. If the magic works then Grey strikes the dummy first with the saber bayonet and again with his needle to observe the results.

After that Grey gets some new gloves and is ready to get going.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
If it is truly "Maintained" in time then you cannot strike it. Time around it is frozen, and nothing can enter that frozen time, nor leave it, nor move.

"I'm sure if she thinks something is to stupid or dangerous to do or be around she'll say something or at least I'd hope she would."

See what kind of things I can get the doll to do, then get ready for the next mission.
The doll seems to effectively follow instructions as best it physically can, but it is just a collection of knotted rags and stuffing so its quite limited in that regard.

Name: Aa-tou-tou Lesia
Description: A pale, fat thing resembling a waterlogged corpse, bloated, with discolored nails and recessed eye sockets. Shoulders, upper back, and thighs covered in incongruently healthy-looking orange fur. Large, triangular, yet bald ears atop head, and a huge mouth lined with numerous needle-like teeth. Apparently female.
Nature: Glutton
HP: 10
Inventory: None
Fate Points: 0

Begin existing. Acquire equipment. Wander towards portal.

"Hungry..."

Looks good to me! You flop onto the floor, into your robe, and over to the gate.

The plaque beside the gate shifts and the following words appear.

Eleven people have disappeared while crossing through the Umdera forest. No remains have been found. The locals believe it is the result of magic. In accordance with the Covenant of Protection, discover the source of these disappearances and prevent further losses.  This is our will. 

The gate opens into a yawning void.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: ...a leaden crown upon the head of glory...
« Reply #1070 on: October 18, 2021, 10:11:37 pm »

Step through the gate, assess our surroundings, and, if the Umdera forest is in line of sight, inspect it through my needle.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current link web (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: October 18, 2021, 10:37:53 pm »

This is probably dumb, but see if I can put the shark up my sleeve.
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: October 18, 2021, 11:02:56 pm »

If it is truly "Maintained" in time then you cannot strike it. Time around it is frozen, and nothing can enter that frozen time, nor leave it, nor move.
About what I expected, just checking that it didn't work otherwise. I have some ideas for this...

A little clarification, what happens if the needle comes in contact with magically frozen time? Does it bounce off or does the needle destroy the spell?

Anyways, Grey crosses through the portal. Provided we don't come under attack by ghosts or something on the other side, Grey turns around and examines the teleport conduit for any markings or writing, viewing it through his needle as well.

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: October 18, 2021, 11:22:16 pm »

Aaron seeks to know in which compass direction quarter of the forest the travelers, or their remains are to be found, and steps through the gate, ready to duck if something bad is coming his way.

Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: October 19, 2021, 12:15:24 am »

Ho!”, Hugh jolts awake.  After blinking a few times, he gets up and heads to the portal room.  Once there, he recounts what he was told about the various types of humonculi corps to anyone present, and then reads the plaque.

Ho! Ho! Ho!  It looks like they need us again!  Hmm… a mystery…  well, we are an investigation corps, after all! Ho! Ho! Ho!

With that, Hugh steps through the portal.  Upon reaching the other side, he quickly tries to get his bearings and begins observing the forest through the eye of his needle.  If there are any humonculi there that weren’t in the portal room, he recounts the information about the different types of humonculi corps to them.

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

((Btw, how long do things last in Hugh’s stomach?  And by that, I mean:  Can Hugh create a particular thing  that he’s eaten indefinitely after eating it, or do I need to periodically clean out his stomach contents list?))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: October 19, 2021, 03:43:50 am »

"I wonder if we'll ever get a vacation?"
Go through the portal and look around.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: October 19, 2021, 09:30:33 am »

Greed hops through the portal.
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: October 19, 2021, 10:33:10 am »

Spoiler: aa (click to show/hide)

"Robe... Gloves... Needle... Are they... good to eat?..."

Consider whether I should eat my own weapon. I am very hungry. Follow the other fat guy and observe what he does.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1078 on: October 19, 2021, 12:07:59 pm »

This is probably dumb, but see if I can put the shark up my sleeve.
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)

Nah. He's too big. Won't fit.  Your sleeves are about 40cm or 16 inches in diameter. Anything that could be squeezed through a hole that large will fit in your sleeve. Otherwise, no go.

Now if you were to shrink the shark somehow....

About what I expected, just checking that it didn't work otherwise. I have some ideas for this...

A little clarification, what happens if the needle comes in contact with magically frozen time? Does it bounce off or does the needle destroy the spell?

Anyways, Grey crosses through the portal. Provided we don't come under attack by ghosts or something on the other side, Grey turns around and examines the teleport conduit for any markings or writing, viewing it through his needle as well.

Needles absorb it and end the effect. Anything else bounces

When you examine the teleport conduit you see a few things interesting. First, there is an Eye marking on it like the one on your robes. There is also a symbol: It looks like a triangle, but with circles at the vertexes instead of points and a small "+" coming out of the bottom. The globular apex of the conduit glows purple and a single thread of purple light arcs up into the air and then out towards the....uh...You think its the east.

Aaron seeks to know in which compass direction quarter of the forest the travelers, or their remains are to be found, and steps through the gate, ready to duck if something bad is coming his way.

[?]
Hmm...North-ish?

Ho!”, Hugh jolts awake.  After blinking a few times, he gets up and heads to the portal room.  Once there, he recounts what he was told about the various types of humonculi corps to anyone present, and then reads the plaque.

Ho! Ho! Ho!  It looks like they need us again!  Hmm… a mystery…  well, we are an investigation corps, after all! Ho! Ho! Ho!

With that, Hugh steps through the portal.  Upon reaching the other side, he quickly tries to get his bearings and begins observing the forest through the eye of his needle.  If there are any humonculi there that weren’t in the portal room, he recounts the information about the different types of humonculi corps to them.

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

((Btw, how long do things last in Hugh’s stomach?  And by that, I mean:  Can Hugh create a particular thing  that he’s eaten indefinitely after eating it, or do I need to periodically clean out his stomach contents list?))
((As long as you keep track of it, they last in your stomach infinitely. And you can make as many duplicates as you want.))

We'll assume you let everyone know what you learned. Loudly. Whether they want to hear it or not.

"Robe... Gloves... Needle... Are they... good to eat?..."

Consider whether I should eat my own weapon. I am very hungry. Follow the other fat guy and observe what he does.
The fat man laughs a lot and yells. That seems....like a lot of work.

[5] Needles absorb magic so...eating one might give you a stomach ache. There's plenty of dirt and grass and starlight and darkness and such though.

Greed hops through the portal.
"I wonder if we'll ever get a vacation?"
Go through the portal and look around.

The gateway is the normal blind tumble through impossible space before emerging on your feet.  Its early evening, the sky is a deep black blue and the first speckled stars starting to appear but the horizon still aglow. The land is gently sloping towards the north, down towards a river in a wide, shallow valley. The landscape is odd, full of shallow depressions and rolling hills like the surface of a windblown sea. Knee-high greenish-blue grass and tiny pale flowers swim in a clinging sea of mist. The diffuse light of fireflies drifts ghostly through the haze. A thin dirt track, worn by feet, crosses east to west through the grass just ahead of the scorched patch where the conduit landed.  To the east the path disappears into a dark wall of a forest. The trees stretch north and south, down to the distant river and beyond. To the west, the path curves through the low hills and depressions until it reaches the squat twinkling sprawl of a village. Flickering amber lights, dark boxy homes, and the growing ethereal mound of chimney smoke rising above it. There are no signs, no obvious identification of anything. 

Observing the distant trees through the eye of the needle reveals nothing in particular.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 19, 2021, 12:30:51 pm »

"Wow. There is a lot of e everything outside. The thing we want to slaughter is probably in the woods, but I'm sure the people in that town have some tasty things- uh, I mean, perhaps they have information for us."

Go west along the path, holding my mouth open to devour the air, the dark, the starlight which falls on my tongue... and try to catch a firefly too!
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 116