Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 132099 times)

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Fish Stories.
« Reply #990 on: September 28, 2021, 07:22:04 pm »

(This is a minor experiment in finding out if Grey has to see or know where something is to cast spells on it.)

Edit. (Oh, you mean the shark is gone. I thought it simply wasn’t visible in the dark waters compared to the rod but you’re probably right. I’ll think of something to do later.)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 07:29:09 pm by Fire and Glory »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: ...a leaden crown upon the head of glory...
« Reply #991 on: September 29, 2021, 07:05:37 am »

Youare uses his link with Dew to return to the ship, relinks, and fires the magic stored in his needle from stabbing the shark, along with the "Fresh" spell, down at the ocean, hopefully turning a great deal of it into fresh water in order to inhibit the growth of sea life as the needle falls. Don't want to fight Hammer 2.0 after all.

"I think we have it. Anyone need healing?"

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #992 on: October 01, 2021, 10:17:07 pm »

Ask shark friend to go get the rod.
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)

[4]
The shark wriggles out of the hole blown open a moment ago and dives into the water.  It returns a few minutes later, carrying the rod in its mouth.

It’s dark in here!  Ho! Ho! Ho!  Let’s see… can we just walk up the stairs?  No… it might be dangerous!  What we need is some light! But all we have is darkness, which is the opposite of light!  Wait… the opposite?  I wonder…”, Hugh muses.

Hugh then proceeds to try and eat most of the darkness in the tower, leaving just enough to avoid being blinded by the light that’s leftover.  If this works, he finds the stairs to the top and carefully walks up them.  If not, he carefully gropes around in the darkness until he finds them and then carefully ascends on his hands and knees while being careful not to slip or fall off.

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
[4]
You open your mouth and suck greedily at the darkness. You don't get as much of it out of the tower as you want -its surprisingly sticky- but you do get enough out to make the tower bright enough to navigate in . Though darkness is already seeping back in through the hole you chewed in the wall. Slowly, like syrup.

There's a set of stairs right in front of you inside the tower so you ascend it and find yourself in the lantern room. The lantern isn't so much a lantern as a silver statue of a crescent moon, slowly rotating. One side, the side with a stylized human face in the moon, is shining brightly. The statue is floating in mid air, as though held by an invisible string. You reach out and grab it. It stops rotating. You turn it to face out of the harbor, towards the sea. It turns without any resistance and stops where you leave it.

Youare uses his link with Dew to return to the ship, relinks, and fires the magic stored in his needle from stabbing the shark, along with the "Fresh" spell, down at the ocean, hopefully turning a great deal of it into fresh water in order to inhibit the growth of sea life as the needle falls. Don't want to fight Hammer 2.0 after all.

"I think we have it. Anyone need healing?"

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
You dump all the remaining magic in your needle and such into the sea where it can do no harm. Probably.

To my linked fellows:
"Any of you guys someplace stable? I have everything we need here. Also, how goes the battle?"

"See ya" the other homunculus says, with a wave.

"Huzza we killed it! Does this mean we can go home now?"
Yell over the side of the ship for my needle to return to me then get far from the side so it can't potentially harm me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You yell for your needle.

"Come back stabby! Come back!"

But Stabby does not come back.

I get up and watch the spectacle of the Rod being ripped out of the Hammer for a moment, but upon seeing it go into the water, I need to act.
Darn it darn it darn it darn it darn it darn it!
I rapidly fly over to where the rod landed and dive down to collect it.
Darn it all, I'm loving these wings! I hate having to do this!
As I hit the water, I'm prepared for the loss of my air-wings and the return of my natural ones, and am rapidly converting myself into water to streamline my movement and adapt myself to my environment. I want to get down there and collect that rod before some other sea creature can start turning itself into another Hammer.

EDIT: If I notice others retrieving the rod while I'm still airborne, then I want to abort my actions and simply observe from above, since I would like to keep my wings.

Doing nothing to avoid wing loss!

Back in town the door to the Boss's house blows open as a dozen black tendrils erupt out. They coil up into the air for a moment before shooting arrow-like out towards the sea. The first tendril swarms up the lighthouse stairs and engulfs Hugh. The rest  arc out across the sea and eventually drop like shooting stars onto ship or worm into the Hammer's corpse. They swallow up each Homunculi (or the creation of a Homunculi) and spirit them away.  Genesis, far far away, suddenly drops through the floor into darkness.

And then everyone is back in the cave. Including Luta's shark, rod still in its mouth, flopping around  on the cave floor. The teleport gate is closed, and the tablet displays only the phrase

"Place the Rod in the Chamber."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: ...a leaden crown upon the head of glory...
« Reply #993 on: October 01, 2021, 10:40:06 pm »

Assist in getting the rod into the Disposal Pool, if necessary.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current link web (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: October 01, 2021, 10:46:39 pm »

Pet the shark and tell him what a good boy he is.

After the shark has been properly praised, place the rod in the chamber as instructed.

Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: October 02, 2021, 12:07:39 am »

Ho! Ho! Ho! Looks like I’m back where I started!  And what’s this?!  There are more people here?”, Hugh laughs heartily, his stomach shaking as he does so.  “My name is Hugh!  I’m a glutton!  Ho! Ho! Ho!  And who might you be?  Are you all humonculi?  What are your names, if I may ask?”, Hugh queries the group!

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: October 02, 2021, 04:01:55 am »

"Guess this means we get to keep the guns, and hello Hugh I'm Debby and this little one with me is Elizabeth."
Go get a new needle and link it with Grey and Genesis, then see how Elizabeth is felling about that adventure.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: October 02, 2021, 04:30:29 am »

"I'm Tess."
I look at the shark stuck out of water for a moment, then go and attempt to get the largest container of water I can drag with me and bring it over to the shark. Praise is cold comfort while you can't breathe.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: October 02, 2021, 04:58:49 am »

"Let's get that Rod out of that shark before something bad happens. Our Cauldron is unstable enough as it is."

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: October 02, 2021, 04:10:37 pm »

greed keeps blastint the leviathan
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: October 02, 2021, 06:02:21 pm »

((BP, I think you may have missed a turn. We're back in the Homunculi cave now. There is no leviathan for us to blast.))

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: October 02, 2021, 11:01:54 pm »

Grey takes a moment to consider the immensity that is Hugh, not expecting to encounter this absolute unit after coming out of the portal.

"I'm Grey, the Verbomancer. Nice you meet you."

Did we get healed after coming out of the portal?

Grey helps the party move the rod into the deposit room. Afterwards he heads to the equipment box and exchanges his robe for one that has two sleeves, and looks through the box in the hopes that it produced something glove-adjacent that can fit over a crab claw.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 02:14:55 am by Fire and Glory »

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: October 02, 2021, 11:07:58 pm »

I'm going to try joining, if that is alright, since I've enjoyed reading the thread thus far.

My character:

Find the box, and get my equipment. Then find and link with Greed, Hugh, and Youare.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 01:46:07 pm by fatcat__25 »
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: October 03, 2021, 12:36:58 am »

((BP, I think you may have missed a turn. We're back in the Homunculi cave now. There is no leviathan for us to blast.))
(([speak accent=“British”]Oh, blast it all![/speak]))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: October 03, 2021, 01:24:29 am »

We got healed after returning to the cave ya?
((We probably haven't since we haven't completed the contract yet. Once we get the Rod into the Pool, maybe.))

I'm going to try joining, if that is alright, since I've enjoyed reading the thread thus far.

My character:
((you should bold an action to collect your robe, needle, and gloves, or post some interaction with the other homunculi, or whatever. Anyway, have fun.))
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 01:26:15 am by Ozarck »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 116