Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 131282 times)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Seclusion
« Reply #420 on: July 04, 2021, 11:17:36 am »

"Now you," Genesis snarls at Rairvuch, "You wanna drop Elias' belongins and apologize to Miss Elizabeth for your inconsideration?"

“Do you want to be squished Into a red paste next time we fight a monster? If not, I suggest you get some loot and stop being a goody-goody.” 

Pull out the needle.  Order my glass to turn into a ring around my longswords hilt.  have the glass ring stab genesis with the sword, if not, then order the rest of my glass to carry off the armory and my bag of loot toward the portal, and ask around for some bandages.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 04:11:22 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 04, 2021, 03:17:44 pm »

Stab again. use a fate point for attack, and, should I need a roll for defense, a fate point for defense.

"Next time we do what? You've been out of the cauldron all of ten minutes, haven't you? Were you planning on fighting the castle frog?

Are you as stupid as I think you are?"

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 03:27:51 pm by Ozarck »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 04, 2021, 04:10:08 pm »

IM NOT STUPID. But I heard about the guy who got crushed by the wolf demon.  I guarantee you that if he had a dozen magic swords things would have turned out very differently.”
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 04, 2021, 04:27:01 pm »

IM NOT STUPID. But I heard about the guy who got crushed by the wolf demon.  I guarantee you that if he had a dozen magic swords things would have turned out very differently.”

"Perhaps we can come to an agreement. We're here to pacify this place and solve a death. Did you notice? The creatures here are being targetted as cannon fodder for a war. I'm sure they would be grateful for our assistance in bringing their beloved master's murderer to justice, and additionally grateful for being kept out of magical slavery, don't you think? Leave these items here, go, talk to the bird and the frog. and remember this: we may be utterly expendable, mass produced automata, but the mages aren't. Have a little respect, eh?

Not sure why you think some chunk of metal would be more useful to you than the glass you control is though. That Wolf Titan was taken down by belts and needles. Belts. Right Bob?"

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 04, 2021, 10:08:11 pm »

((Who’d he hear it from?))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 04, 2021, 10:28:59 pm »

(('Tis a mystery)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 05, 2021, 01:31:23 am »

The Speaker walks toward Genesis and Raivuch while tapping the shaft of his needle against his palm.

What’s going on here?”, he inquires.
"Gimme a hand here, would you, Speaker? This random guy just showed up and started stealing everything that isn't nailed down. Looks like he doesn't intend to stop, either. He's clearly too stupid to negotiate, too selfish to understand compassion, and too stubborn to back down. Useless."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Aggressively Silly
« Reply #427 on: July 05, 2021, 07:02:03 am »

"Good that that you're here. I don't think Mages can rewrite the universe, that's roughly the distinction between Mages and Magi, after all. My guess is that they have magic like you and me, but scaled up a bit."
 -

"Thank you. That is interesting. And yes, you're right, mages are not quite Magi."

Youare stands absently for a few moments, thinking. He then calmly walks over to the entrance to the study, before shutting and locking whichever doors he can, separating the party from the rest of the tower. This done, he speaks quietly to the homunculi around him, keeping well away from the metal frogs and the stuffed fox. Time allowing, he looks through his needle at the steering wheel and the huge frog below, trying to determine what the wheel is connected to: nothing, the frog, the whole tower, etc.

"So there are a couple of questions we need answers to. The first is how come this tower thinks that a man called Elias controls it, when we were asked to pacify the home of a "she". A little unusual, don't you think?"

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 06:17:44 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Home sweet home
« Reply #428 on: July 05, 2021, 01:07:30 pm »

Spoiler: Drip (click to show/hide)

Search the walls and floor for secret doors.  There's usually a book to pull on the bookcase or something.  Maybe one labeled "Secret door here" or something?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Aggressively Silly
« Reply #429 on: July 05, 2021, 01:27:58 pm »

"So there are a couple of questions we need answers to. The first is how come this tower thinks that a man called Elias controls it, when we were asked to pacify the home of a "she". A little unusual, don't you think?"

"You've already answered that question yourself."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 05, 2021, 01:58:38 pm »

"You've already answered that question yourself."
Youare furrows his brow, and speaks softly.

"How do you mean?"

"We were told that a mage died, and her home grew violent. So are we investigating Elias's death, or Alice's? If she's the mage, then what's with Elias? Why aren't we investigating his death? And why did it take so long for us to get here? Unless that owl was lying to me, she died a long time ago."

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 05, 2021, 03:27:58 pm »

The Speaker walks toward Genesis and Raivuch while tapping the shaft of his needle against his palm.

What’s going on here?”, he inquires.
"Gimme a hand here, would you, Speaker? This random guy just showed up and started stealing everything that isn't nailed down. Looks like he doesn't intend to stop, either. He's clearly too stupid to negotiate, too selfish to understand compassion, and too stubborn to back down. Useless."

A Hand?”, The Speaker looks at Genesis, then at Elias’s body, then back at Genesis.

Do you want me to cut one off the corpse?!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 05, 2021, 03:33:27 pm »

"How do you mean?"

"We were told that a mage died, and her home grew violent. So are we investigating Elias's death, or Alice's? If she's the mage, then what's with Elias? Why aren't we investigating his death? And why did it take so long for us to get here? Unless that owl was lying to me, she died a long time ago."

"I imagine whoever wrote our instructions was very careful in their choice of wording. The home was, obviously, the home of this girl you say Elias adopted. The Magi who ordered us here seems to care about that, which is why I am killing this guy who is not only disrespecting all living creatures that the Mage, Elias made, but is also disrespecting the Magi and our orders.

It was her home, and he was the Mage who made it so. Elias seemed to be a good soul, and our Master seems to value his will, since our orders are to keep his creations peaceful, rather than allow them to become instruments of war.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 05, 2021, 04:49:24 pm »

"I imagine whoever wrote our instructions was very careful in their choice of wording. The home was, obviously, the home of this girl you say Elias adopted. The Magi who ordered us here seems to care about that, which is why I am killing this guy who is not only disrespecting all living creatures that the Mage, Elias made, but is also disrespecting the Magi and our orders.

It was her home, and he was the Mage who made it so. Elias seemed to be a good soul, and our Master seems to value his will, since our orders are to keep his creations peaceful, rather than allow them to become instruments of war.

"That is probably the best explanation. In any case, don't let me interrupt you. I understand you were dealing with a looting issue."

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 05, 2021, 08:46:02 pm »

((Is Genesis going to reply to The Speaker?))
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 116