Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Fragile World (God Game IC)  (Read 4667 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Fragile World (God Game IC)
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2021, 09:23:15 am »

"Pride is of no value when it would get us killed, and a muscle will not grow stronger if it is severed by a knife. This is why we must be careful, gentle. A calculated risk can be fine, but a blind risk is just idiocy."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2021, 06:36:57 pm »

The hypostatic union that is (and will be) Antropithany plays fetch with herself/her Beast, ignoring the other deities for now. She passes on any Act of God in this unit of time.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2021, 11:38:38 pm »

Purpose of Kindness tries to join in on the game of fetch, tail wagging furiously.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2021, 02:34:47 pm »

Turn 1
TURNTURNTURN
The world below is teaming with the noises of buzzing and croacking and chirping and humming and barking and singing as the first act of the gods is the creation of an ecosystem, a very friendly and playful one compared to most. As bees fly in the shrubs looking for nectar to make honey from, dogs and cats chasing each other playfully on the seemingly infinite shore of the continent and alvaks majestically glides over island chains, this indeed seems like the start of something greater.

The world creaks a bit at the creation but no long term damage is seen
Two pantheons start at this time as well. First Patient Hunter found the Pantheon of the open minded, which requests none from its members, and the second is announced by The Choir Invisible as they expand from a multi being god to a full fledged Pantheon, which have a couple of rules and a voting system. At this point neither Pantheon have more members then their founder but both are open to the godly public.

Spoiler: Turn 1 world (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pantheons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 02:37:32 pm by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2021, 02:40:51 pm »

The Blue founds the Colors Divine, a pantheon which pools their acts to raise the world up. They are currently led by their sole leader, The Blue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2021, 02:53:32 pm »

Laze around the newly alive world, enjoying the buzzing and singing.

"Well, what will we do now? Work together once more, use the full capacity to create people? That would be an agreeable proposition, I think. Especially if they were cute cat people!"

Contribute 6 acts to create a population of mundane peoples! Give them cat faces and the spirit of hunters!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2021, 03:09:05 pm »

"Woof woof!"

Purpose of Kindness adds 2 Acts to the People, making them empathetic, kind and very caring about the happiness of others. Also they have dog tails that wag when they're excited or happy.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 05:33:06 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2021, 04:44:35 pm »

The Overmind adds 1 act to the world, Making it magical and wonderous. With appropriate amounts of danger too, Of course. Law of nature, The strong thrive and grow, The weak die and become food for the strong to grow. As it should be.

This will create balance in the world.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2021, 07:58:21 pm »

Antropithany ceases her game and speaks thusly to the Choir: "I praise your compositions - few as they are - but find your pantheon's organisation amusingly unfair. Such is the ply of thespians, I suppose."

The Beast goes "WOOF".

"Very true, very true. As you are union-but-one at least this is what I presume, surely your vote ought be but one, with the unity in manner you do all possess."

Antropithany will oncemore, await the passing of aeons.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2021, 06:57:48 am »

The Beast goes "WOOF".

"Woof? Woof woof!"

Purpose of Kindness cocks its head and wags its tail excitedly.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2021, 07:21:01 pm »

Antropithany ceases her game and speaks thusly to the Choir: "I praise your compositions - few as they are - but find your pantheon's organisation amusingly unfair. Such is the ply of thespians, I suppose."

The Beast goes "WOOF".

"Very true, very true. As you are union-but-one at least this is what I presume, surely your vote ought be but one, with the unity in manner you do all possess."
"Keen observations, but observations we suspect lack context. Our Choir is founded on egalitarian principles; it demands no more unity than what our craft requires. What works can an orchestra of only drums, horns, or harps perform? Many, certainly, but surely not so many as if there were different kinds. Likewise, we believe in the empowerment of the mortal individual, each a world in their own right! even at the expense of the gods. The Pantheon's onerous obligations exist to avoid diluting our shared vision with the whims of more commanding gods at this early stage. Observe:"

The Choir Invisible spends 3 acts on manifesting as a quartet of People giving a blatant hiring spiel moving performance before the most musically inclined of their number and recruiting the finest one as a minor servant. Whether the first of the nine Meowses or maybe the Woofer, they'll be granted full membership and voting rights in the Pantheon Invisible. Of course, it's kind of hard to call it a pantheon when its members are expressly forbidden from appearing before living mortals not in any danger, but maybe enough near-death experiences will accumulate over the ages.

It's come to the First Soprano's attention that the People with faces of cats and spirits of hunters may not be sapient yet, but this minor detail won't stop the Choir's uplifting promotion.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 07:33:44 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2021, 09:46:19 pm »

The Beast goes "WOOF".

"Woof? Woof woof!"

Purpose of Kindness cocks its head and wags its tail excitedly.

The Beast goes "WOOF" and cocks its stubby neck upwards, whilst dismissively shouting "BARK!". The glint of his shoes reek of the canine language of odour, saying something along the lines of I'm not opposed to such enjoyments, but why be so rude? Where's the sniff?. The Beast proceeds to sniff Purpose in the usual areas.

The Beast goes "WOOF".

"Keen observations, but observations we suspect lack context. Our Choir is founded on egalitarian principles; it demands no more unity than what our craft requires. What works can an orchestra of only drums, horns, or harps perform? Many, certainly, but surely not so many as if there were different kinds. Likewise, we believe in the empowerment of the mortal individual, each a world in their own right! even at the expense of the gods. The Pantheon's onerous obligations exist to avoid diluting our shared vision with the whims of more commanding gods at this early stage. Observe:"

The Choir Invisible spends 3 acts on manifesting as a quartet of People giving a blatant hiring spiel moving performance before the most musically inclined of their number and recruiting the finest one as a minor servant. Whether the first of the nine Meowses or maybe the Woofer, they'll be granted full membership and voting rights in the Pantheon Invisible. Of course, it's kind of hard to call it a pantheon when its members are expressly forbidden from appearing before living mortals not in any danger, but maybe enough near-death experiences will accumulate over the ages.

"Okay. Then, is there a point to a Pantheon in which your coterie dictates its will entirely? Surely your cabal is a pantheon in itself, un-needing of further designation or grouping above your own categorical level?"

You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2021, 08:10:02 am »

The point of the Colors Divine is to gather acts together, with which to affect the world's growth. Their will is to dictate everything.

The Beast, together we can remake this world once we have gathered one more bit of Acts. Will you help and share in the new world's growth?

Quote from: Divine Blessings upon this Colorless World
Type- Location/Blessing(Primary Location, however as it modifies an existing planet, a blessing of sorts)
Cost: Divine\14 + World\15 + Intensity| 1 =30 Acts

Apply the Status of Divine across the entirety of the world. This will increase the growth of magical and divine abilities, creating a truly colorful world full of magic and power. A world of might and wonder, where anyone can go on a journey to grow powerful. A world where gods can walk freely among their lesser peers and new gods can be born. A world who's very existence wraps the universe around itself as the CenterPoint, strengthening it, it's capacity growing with the world itself. As this applies to the world, so too does it apply to all created upon it in past and present. The Mundane shall become magical, the magical major magics. And those to grow divine with the will of those who live and grow upon that world.

Expected Detriment: -30 Capacity. If no other Acts are made, -20 Capacity, within stress limits of the universe. Higher baseline for Acts.
Expected Benefit: More resilience as time goes on, and less cost to create higher tier blessings and items. Higher value for Acts.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2021, 06:03:41 pm »

The Beast, together we can remake this world once we have gathered one more bit of Acts. Will you help and share in the new world's growth?

"BARK"

One would perhaps, based on the scents given off, think that this would mean something akin to a 'no'.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2021, 06:33:29 pm »

"BARK"

One would perhaps, based on the scents given off, think that this would mean something akin to a 'no'.

The Overmind finds this quite amusing and suggests that perhaps the Beast and the Blue could make a compromise?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6