Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: The Grid: Chess × Fire Emblem × XCOM × much more!  (Read 4297 times)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: The Grid [2/3]
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2021, 09:53:48 am »

After looking at BrikWars, I've come to a decision about whether to include it or not. The answer is not. The reason? This is not a grid based game, instead relying on measurements. (looks cool, glad to learn about it)

We need 1 more player, anyone want to round off Game 2 so we can start?

Just fudge a tile as 2-3 inches from one end to the other, and have close combat weapons (swords, axes, knives, an entire lamp pole someone managed to pick up) have a range of 1 tile horizontally/vertically and 1 tile diagonally if they're of the long kind (longswords, spears, greataxes, halberds, etc)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 09:55:22 am by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2021, 02:16:36 pm »

True. But for The Grid, I want to highlight true grid-based games, rather than modify games to fit into this one. You joining round 2 or not 0cra?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2021, 05:15:41 pm »

True. But for The Grid, I want to highlight true grid-based games, rather than modify games to fit into this one. You joining round 2 or not 0cra?

I'll just spectate for now.
it's over

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: The Grid [FULL!]
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2021, 09:10:59 pm »

This will be a cross-forum session with GameFaqs. Any messages you post will be quoted over their, so feel free to trash talk or whatever.

We'll start soon.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2021, 09:20:34 pm »

Roseheart i think you know better than to associate your self with those GameFaqs fellas
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 10:17:08 pm by ArchimedesWojak »
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2021, 09:45:00 pm »

(I know you mean that in a friendly way, but that's kind of personal to be calling someone by their first name on forums without their consent. I know you meant well by it but it makes me kind of uncomfortable tbh. Now you know though.)

Well, I got my forum game start there. To tell you the truth it was a good place to learn as formatting was extremely limited, which helped me to focus. These guys (or for now, 1 guy) are from an awesome place called Games N' Things. One of my reasons for leaving GameFAQs was that the general moderation across the site at the time was still ununified in their stance on whether Forum Games were on or off-topic.

This little oasis though, they're all about it. Units PMd soon...
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2021, 10:18:03 pm »

(I know you mean that in a friendly way, but that's kind of personal to be calling someone by their first name on forums without their consent. I know you meant well by it but it makes me kind of uncomfortable tbh. Now you know though.)

My bad i fixed it. Sorry
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2021, 11:31:32 pm »

(Thank you.)
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2021, 04:39:27 am »

Prologue

The hills and rivers from before melt away. A flat desert spreads out under a hot sun....

Atlas - Game 2

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇
◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇
◇ ◇ ◈ ◈ ◇ ◇
◇ ◇ ◈ ◈ ◇ ◇
◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇
◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Legend
◈ Goal Zone[C3, C4, D3, D4]: End your turn here to gain 1 point.

Your Units are:

◆ ArchimedesWojak, Reigning Champion: Snake (Snake)
◆ a1s: Knight (Chess)
◆ Accrovideogames: Troubadour (FE7)

Champion Unit Info:
   • HP: 1
   • Move: 3
   • Initiative = # of segments (2 at start)
   • Devour: Kill any unit you move on to, and gain 1 segment.
   • Apples: An apple will spawn which you can devour. Then a new one will spawn.
   • Momentum: You must move your full movement each turn. If you can't you die.
   • Segments: If you are attacked, you lose that segment and all behind it.

If one player is considerably slower at taking their turn than the others, they may be removed or replaced so the others can play at a reasonable pace.

Details are being sent to you by pm. Post your actions in a spoiler. DO NOT LOOK at anyone else's spoiler. (There is no rule against changing your move/mind, feel free to do so.)

1 point per turn you end in the goal zone. 2 points for a kill. First to 5 points wins! Ties go into overtime! (Unless a truce)

A note about cross-forum play: Please be on your best behavior, not only may the rules of each forum differ, it's good to make a nice impression as you will be representing your forum and others' impression of it. Ok, now back to chopping each others' heads off!

Game Start!

◇ ◆ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇
◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇
◇ ◈ ◈ ◈ ◇ ◆
◇ ◇ ◈ ◈ ◇ ◇
◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇
⬗ ⬗ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

◆ A2 = Knight
◆ C6 = Troubadour
◈ C2 = apple
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2021, 04:55:50 am »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2021, 12:16:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2021, 02:36:17 pm »

(spoiler title posted)

Quote from: Accrovideogames
Testing, testing. Hello? This is Accrovideogames from GameFAQs. I'm a moderator at Games N' Things, a private board specialized in forum games. I also host the most games there, such as D&D, FMK, Two Truths and a Lie, and Hangman. I've collaborated in the distant past with the host of this game.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I understand the rules. I would have liked to read a more thorough explanation with examples. I also feel disadvantaged for not knowing what happened during the first game. My best guess is that each player doesn't know what the other players are doing until everyone has acted, so there's some mind games involved. I also assume you can't move diagonally. I find it interesting that the champion unit's information is revealed to every player in order to counterbalance the fact that it keeps getting stronger.

(a summary of game 1 has been posted, and they will be given time to consider this information.)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 05:01:57 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2021, 01:37:04 am »

Turn 1

Devour Troubadour
Note: Attacks will aim at the target unit's current location, C6. Movement will favor N>E>S>W, as C6 is too far, move to C2(coincidentally, the apple).

Move to C3. Declare troubadour a "King".

Quote from: Accrovideogames
move to C4 and end my turn.

Move Phase

[1] The Knight rears up on their stead and gallops through the sands to the glowing light of the Goal Zone. There they are met by another rider, the Troubadour. The Knight gets off their horse and kneels before them, declaring them their King. ('King' Troubadour can choose to renounce this title now or at a later turn if they wish.) The infamous giant Snake is quickly on their way. A large apple rests on a shallow sand dune, and the terrible worm slams into the hill, the produce gone in a second.

Map

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇
◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇
◇ ⬘ ◆ ◆ ◇ ◇
◇ ⬘ ◈ ◈ ◇ ◇
◇ ⬘ ◇ ◈ ◇ ◇
◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

◆ C3 = Knight
◆ C4 = King Troubadour
◈ E4 = apple

Score:
Knight = 1
King Troubadour = 1

(Corrected, thanks a1s!)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 03:12:28 am by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2021, 02:59:21 am »

Map

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇
◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇
◇ ⬘ ◆ ◆ ◇ ◇
◇ ⬘ ◈ ◈ ◇ ◇
◇ ⬘ ◇ ◈ ◇ ◇
◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

A3 = Knight
◆ C4 = King Troubadour
◈ E4 = apple
probably C3, right?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2021, 07:06:12 am »

Damn, GG i had fun
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6