Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Refugium of the Gods (OOC)  (Read 1194 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Refugium of the Gods (OOC)
« on: April 08, 2021, 02:42:33 pm »

Refugium of the Gods is a small scale godgame which takes place in a world which has fallen to darkness. Only the reclusive Sonorous King, an ancient being created by the gods, survived what unknown events felled the first gods and filled the world with chaos. With what little power the Sonorous King could gather in the eons since the death of his masters, he has but only enough power to rekindle a small spark of divinity. Here in the Refugium, the Council of Gods will be born anew.

Refugium is a smallscale godgame centered around exploration and reconstruction. Players will begin the game in the Refugium proper, once a powerful device of the ancient gods, the Sonorous King has cannibalized the mechanism in order to bring new gods into the world. Now it nurtures and sustains them. Without it's divine power, the gods quickly dissipate back into the aether. While their world is small, it is not without it's merits. Eight districts of the ruined city of the Refugium remain standing, ready to be claimed by the gods. Within them lay ancient treasures, knowledge, and supplies, if only they could be recovered. Beyond them lay a world unknown, untouchable to the newborn gods, but perhaps, not to the curiosity of man.

The Districts and the World Beyond
The Refugium is one of the last stable locations in the world. It is  composed of eight numbered districts, each between 25 and twenty square miles. What lays beyond is an ever shifting landscape of strange lands and unknown dangers. Each of the districts is sustained by an Anchor, an makeshift device which prevents the district from falling prey to the same fate as the rest of the world. Mortals may be given a blessing which allows them to safely enter and return from the world beyond, though it does not protect them from any dangers they encounter. In essence, exploration is mostly random with a bit of GM influence to make sure it's not so random that it's not fun.

Each player begins the game with 2 Remembrances, these tokens which can be expended to remember the way to a particular location. They can be overwritten, so each god can remember two locations they've discovered on exploration for later visiting. 

Heavenly Positions

All gods are Council Members by default. Council members have no particular duties. They get 3 Acts per turn for the first 3 turns.

Steward: The Steward position is currently held by the Sonorous King, and is mainly related to serving as an advisor and mediator between gods. If the gods decide to implement parliamentary procedures, facilitating these is the duty of the Steward as well. Tiebreaker in relevant situations.

Master of Numbers: The Master of Numbers is responsible for maintaining the ledgers of the gods. They update and track the number of acts that players have at the start of each turn. The Master of Numbers receives an additional 2 Acts per turn.

Chronicler: The Chronicler is responsible for composing a running catalog of the creatures, civilizations and locations which belong to the gods. In essence, they manage the player inventories. The Chronicler receives an additional 2 Acts per turn.
Spoiler:  Godsheet Example (click to show/hide)

Cartographer: The Cartographer is responsible for composing a running catalog of locations and their contents, updating them per turn. The Cartographer receives an additional 2 Acts per turn.
Spoiler: Distict Example (click to show/hide)

These roles will often require a reading of the full turn to get the information needed to fill their duties, though I'll do my best to make the information used in these clear throughout the turn, a close read is likely for the best.

Character Sheet
Name:
Spheres: (2 max)
Physical Description:
Mental Description/ Goals/ Motives:
Desired Heavenly Positions: (Optional: Why you'd be good at the job)

Act Cost Breakdown

Disasters and Acts of God
Blessings, disasters and curses all use the same system. 1 Act+(Number of total adjacent regions effected)+(severity value* act cost).

Number of Regions Effected:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Severity:
*I set it up this way so there was a zero act cost option, but for book keeping, we could still refer to the severity value to get an approximation of power.

Creation of Life

Sublocation Creation

Artifacts
These also follow a formula: 1 Act+(Size of Effect)+(severity value).

Size of Effect
Severity

Magic and Magic Branches

Exploration

Unstable and Overcharged Actions
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 07:58:38 am by Roboson »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Refugium of the Gods (WIP, OOC)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 02:43:30 pm »

PTW
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 02:58:50 pm »

Reserving a sheet, and planning to be the Cartographer.

Spoiler: Mr. Nobody (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 12:48:13 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 03:16:49 pm »

Name: []
Spheres: (2 max) End, Wealth
Physical Description: Perfect Vacuum that changes size and shape
Mental Description/ Goals/ Motives: Track numbers, destroy anchors and end organized existence, because he was born that way
Calm, collected, inquisitive, acquisitive, like breaking things, dislikes making things, except if they help him break things
Desired Heavenly Positions: Master of Numbers
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 03:24:01 pm by Demonic Spoon »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 03:18:37 pm »

Name: Hiyokuna Shisha
Spheres: (2 max) Fertility, Decay
Physical Description: A beast transverses the land, appearance shifting to need and whim. Leaving flowers and leaves wherever they tread, which quickly fade away. Fur white as snow, an aura of greenery and autumn surrounds her.
Mental Description/ Goals/ Motives: There can be no life without death, no fertility without the rotting of the old. Buildings crumble to dust, dust become ash, and seeds take root anew. Hirokuna Shisha sets out to explore, much like the wind. They shall give blessings, and curses, all for growth of the world around them.
Desired Heavenly Positions:

Must DS always be destructive? Also, hi Nothing.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 06:23:26 pm by TricMagic »

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 05:55:53 pm »

Name: Bez-Ladue
Spheres: (2 max) death, life
Physical Description: his body is humanoid in shape but has four arms that as you go along them towards the hand get more bonelike and skeletal in nature, the same goes for his legs which he has 8 of them, his torso has small holes going through it, his head top half is bonelike with 4 eye sockets that glow purple, the lower part of his head is covered by flesh and his mouth is filled with sharp teeth. he wears a tattered cloak with a hood
Mental Description/ Goals/ Motives: Bez-Ladue is bit of stickler for rules and doesn't like it when they are broken, he finds other gods wanting things to live way past there actual life span a pain to deal with and would most likely just ignore there plea. he just wants to keep the cycle of death and life going and will protect it with all of his strength
Desired Heavenly Positions: Chronicler
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 06:52:25 pm by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 05:57:53 pm »

The Position of Chronicler has been contracted to HelperCo™

(All unclaimed positions will also be contracted to HelperCo™)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 06:12:28 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 06:05:52 pm »

Name: Un Escargot
Spheres: (2 max) Agriculture, Rain
Physical Description: A sphere of clouds, undulating and surging according to the weather of the Refugium. Often changes shape (such as to a serpentine shape), but maintains a cloudy composition. When hiding or concealed, disguises self as fog or mist.
Mental Description / Goals / Motives: Un Escargot tried destroying the world once. Another world, that is. Suffice it to say he was outcompeted. Now he retires to this land and seeks to create a productive farmland.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2021, 06:15:46 pm »

Name: Bez-Ladue
Spheres: (2 max) death, life
Physical Description: his body is humanoid in shape but has four arms that as you go along them towards the hand get more bonelike and skeletal in nature, the same goes for his legs which he has 8 of them, his torso has small holes going through it, his head top half is bonelike with 4 eye sockets that glow purple, the lower part of his head is covered by flesh and his mouth is filled with sharp teeth. he wears a tattered cloak with a hood
Mental Description/ Goals/ Motives: Bez-Ladue is bit of stickler for rules and doesn't like it when they are broken, he finds other gods wanting things to live way past there actual life span a pain to deal with and would most likely just ignore there plea. he just wants to keep the cycle of death and life going and will protect it with all of his strength
Desired Heavenly Positions: tracker of the living and the dead/Chronicler

Already a death/fertility god. Try again.(And please don't literally step on my turf. It's very green. Maybe a god of Life and the After from your description. Or you know, just Life in general. Or Life and Taxes.) Life and The Dead also works. At which point I'll be happy to call you a brother so long as you do not unleash undying hoards.

Mines changed to Decay on your suggestion, so no longer a conflict. More a pairing actually.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 06:24:37 pm by TricMagic »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2021, 07:08:29 pm »

Name: Cresceele
Spheres: Order, Corruption
Physical Description: A massive eel comprised of eels, covered in a spiky black substance. A series of humanoid arms are folded serenely just under its head, while a mane of spider legs rings it. A single moth wing comes out of its back and wraps around its body like a majestic cape, with the pattern of a smiling face on it. Beware of its lengthy explanations!
Mental Description/ Goals/ Motives: The people deserve to be happy! They deserve to be cared for by their masters! They deserve to be free from the discord of their bodies! Harmony! All of the world will be covered in harmony, a̪͎̟͂̊̚n̩̾ḍ͑̋͢ ̭̼̺̮̊͌͛̉ṫ̩ḩ̳̝̈́̊̏o͓͂s͎̻̾̄e͖̥̓̆ ̞̟̰̅͑͘w̦̦̻̰̏̓̊̚h̢̫͇̏̋̏o͙͇͛̈ ̨̛̟̬̹͒̽͛o̧̳͖̽͗̓̂͜p̤̎p̨̥̭̙̑̽̀̎osé͍̘͡ ̺̟͐͒́͢͠ͅẅ̰̱́̊̒͢i̘̯̖͛̕̕l͇̪̳̩͗̐͌͠l̖̮̳͆́́ ̳̜̇͠b̲̫̈́ę̘̺̦̿̂͊̚͜͞ ͈͕͌͝ḩ̨̘̟̂̿̄͒a̘͛ŕ̢͖̀m̡̳̐͌o͉̣̿̓̓ͅn̻͇̠̹͗͂̂͘ï̟͈͓͌̍z̨̻̜̽͛̇̍͢ẽ͖d!̳͍̰̘̉͂͂̀
Desired Heavenly Positions: All of them!
Master of Numbers: I like tracking finances and calculating how expensive something might be!
Chronicler: I like creatures and cataloging (and categorizing!) them!
Cartographer: I like examining and recording locations for future use!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2021, 07:14:28 pm »

Name: Gibeele

Spheres: Anarchy, Corruption

Physical Description: A massive eel comprised of eels, covered in a spiky black substance. Random humanoid limbs jut out from its body at random angles, as do large spider legs. A single moth wing comes out of its back at a tilted angle, with the pattern of a screaming face on it. Beware of its rambling speech!

Mental Description/ Goals/ Motives: The people deserve to be happy! They deserve to be free of their masters! They deserve to be free from the stagnation of their bodies! Freedom! All of the world will be covered in freedom, a̟n̡̯̦̲̞ḓ̤͉̻͉͕ th͙͖̣os̺̹͞e̳͙̯̠ ͔͈͠w͖̤̩ͅh̻̳͚ó ͙̜͔͇̙o̫̖̥̣p͙͓̟͎͍͔p͚̹o͜s̠̦ͅe̗̟̱̘ ͟i̡t̫̲͎̖̗͡ ̤̺̣w̼̤̣͔i̷̖̯̜̭̘̱l̩̠͚̬͎̼̝l̴̺̮̞͎͓̪ͅ ̕ͅḏ͕̳͙͉̼i̧͔̟e̦̪̭̱̣͙͇!̗

Desired Heavenly Positions: No ill do it myself >:(

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2021, 11:08:46 pm »

Name: BARON PILEDRIVER

Spheres: Strength, fragility

Physical description: An enormous, mustachioed man, clad in bright blue tights and a bright red cape. A flame-wreathed mask wraps the upper half of his face, and an elaborate medallion hangs precariously between his prodigious pectorals.

Mental Description/ Goals/ Motives: BARON PILEDRIVER believes, that there is inherent value in the weak and fragile. BARON PILEDRIVER believes, that great strength must be repurposed in preservation of that which is delicate. The BARON will accomplish this repurpose, with all the SPECTACLE and BOMBAST he can muster!

Desired Heavenly Positions: None. BARON PILEDRIVER has more immediate priorities.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 11:16:56 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2021, 11:32:29 pm »

For reference, my job/character/title/clowncar:

The Contracted Bureaucracy: the various commissions, bureaus, couriers and special employees contracted by the Sonorous King to administer the Refugium. Composed of minor spirits from the Old World and Elsewhere, the Bureaucracy stations Potentiaries in the offices of the various Councillors as advisers and heralds. The Contracted Bureaucracy is nominally lead by Representative Sadiq. Occasionally, the Bureaucracy will administer rewards in exchange for tasks completed.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2021, 11:53:21 pm »

Name: Absolute
Spheres: Redemption, Light
Physical Description: A golden suit of plate mail, gauntlets and all, encompasses a humanoid made of golden-white energy that compress all of it’s divine being into the suit, the helmet , as well as formed large white feathered wings that sprout from the back and. Absolute is also surrounded by a blinding aura of endless light that radiates its divine power and can materialize holy weapons for its own usage
Mental Description/Goals/Motive: Absolute has been made to act as the incarnation of hope and kindness to the planes that it has to pass through. Redemption to Absolute can sometimes be achieved through peace and forgiveness of others, but sometimes it must be done through force for those that continue of the self-perceived wickedness often ending at extreme measures. Absolute will itself use its own power to be the beacon of guiding light to mortals and civilizations, and to allow the majority of their souls to become Good and be used to good effect.
Master of Numbers: Absolute is master of fairness and often means recording the past failures of mortals, and so can record the previous deeds of others.
Chronicler: As well as being able to take on the role of Mortal Record Keeper, Absolute is also keen on knowing on which areas have a… moral compass and those that are still developing one.

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2021, 12:40:25 pm »

Name: Belyom, Mother of Monsters
Spheres: Monsters, Machines
Physical Description: A sprawling and highly advanced factory-complex designed to create and mass-produce living things of all sorts. There are also some more conventional factory segments for the production of replacement parts and maintenance drones and the like.
Mental Description/ Goals/ Motives: Belyom is primarily concerned with the art of creation, particularly creating interesting beasts of the utmost power. She is somewhat aloof, but is interested in seeing whatever strange beasts lie beyond the edge of the Refugium and favours those who would also create monsters, whether through twisting preexisting things or creating them from scratch.
Desired Heavenly Positions: Master of Numbers
Pages: [1] 2