Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A problem with ESO, or rather one of its products.  (Read 2777 times)

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A problem with ESO, or rather one of its products.
« on: April 08, 2021, 07:45:31 am »

As always, I am unsure whenether or not I chose the correct subforum. If my subforum choice was wrong, do tell me in replies!

Good day, gentlemen. I come here in search of advice. A few days ago, I have decided to purchase the game Elder Scrolls: Online, since it is on a discount and I've decided to extend the free week until eternity (or when the servers inveitably shut down 10 years into the future). Alongside the Greymoor edition, I've also purchased the Newcomer Pack since I planned to purchase the Any Race, Any Alliance bundle. The contents of the pack are as follows:

- 1500 Crowns
- A pet. Fire Salamander methinks.
- Some consumables.

Unfortunately, the milisecond I logged into the game, I've noticed that the 1500 Crowns were not, in fact, trasnferred to my account (although the other items were included). Sent a notice to Support as soon as I've noticed, and they gave me generic advice: Check if the payment was indeed made, reload the game and wait 2 days for processing. I did all of that (I paid for the game and the pack in a single transaction) but Crowns were still missing, so I've provided the info they asked for. A few hours later one of the Support employees contacted me in a reply. Said employee assumed I missed ESO Plus coins, and scanned for said coins. He found nothing, and asked for a proof of purchase. I provided the info to the best of my ability, I included the transaction receipt, my SteamId and the product name (I put Newcomers Pack in, but I considered putting the $0 1500 Coin Pack sub-transaction instead). I also put myself in the "idendity of the purchaser" field despite having no idea what that means. I sent them a reply with said info, and with correction saying that I was missing 1500 Newcomers Pack Crowns, not ESO Plus Crowns. This happened 2 days ago.

I've yet to receive a response.

What am I supposed to do with such a conondrum? I admit, this is the first time in some time since I had to deal with support, and the first time in a very long while to deal with a inefficient support service. I simply am not prepared for this.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A problem with ESO, or rather one of its products.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 08:02:07 am »

According to Steam reviews...

POSTED: MARCH 13, 2020
Everyone PLEASE:
Choose a Character
Open the UI and click the Letter Icon
You're welcome.

And in case that didn't work, here's a few other reviews so you can enjoy your frustration in good company:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 08:10:14 am »

Goggling around as i don't play this game, it looks like this kind of problem indeed isn't rare for that game :
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6726944
A guy mentionned that he finally got his due after waiting 12 days instead of the 2 mentionned.
I guess whatever company is doing the customer support , don't expect anything fast.

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 08:48:16 am »

According to Steam reviews...

POSTED: MARCH 13, 2020
Everyone PLEASE:
Choose a Character
Open the UI and click the Letter Icon
You're welcome.

And in case that didn't work, here's a few other reviews so you can enjoy your frustration in good company:

Well, at the very least I am not alone in this. Hopefully this will be fixed by the time the new chapter comes out, or shortly after that, though seeing that there was no fix from as far back as October 2020, my hopes are dimmed considerably. Luckily, it was not a complete waste either - the other items were delivered succesfully.

Goggling around as i don't play this game, it looks like this kind of problem indeed isn't rare for that game :
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6726944
A guy mentionned that he finally got his due after waiting 12 days instead of the 2 mentionned.
I guess whatever company is doing the customer support , don't expect anything fast.

I am willing to wait a week or two for a fix. If I do not receive said fix, I will send another ticket. ESO isn't a bad game, quite the opposite in fact, but it does have Todd Howard's Bugs Aplenty Blessing(?). Some things just work, some things don't.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 10:43:41 am »

I wonder if the putting the words "Refund" and "Newcomer Pack" in the same sentence might get a better response from support.  Act like you don't care about the pet.

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 11:07:55 am »

I wonder if the putting the words "Refund" and "Newcomer Pack" in the same sentence might get a better response from support.  Act like you don't care about the pet.

Steam says it does not offer refunds for the Pack...

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 12:30:27 pm »

They're saying go to ESO support with that subject in mind.

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 12:53:11 pm »

They're saying go to ESO support with that subject in mind.

I see. So next time I send a ticket to ESO support, I should ask for a refund and show apathy towards the other contents of the pack?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2021, 06:06:22 pm »

They probably dont give a shit about your apathy but asking for a refund will get their attention.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2021, 06:13:43 am »

The publisher bet they could make do with a certain support throughput, and you are the loser of that bet. you have little recourse, assuming you possess average wealth and connections.

2 days, wait more like 2 weeks and then you might have a reason to really complain.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2021, 06:14:50 am »

They probably dont give a shit about your apathy but asking for a refund will get their attention.

To clarify, apathy towards the pet is just to avoid them saying
"well if we refund your product, we'll have to take your pet away.  You don't want that right?" Then they ignore the refund discussion and you.

!What you say to Support!

Dear Support,
I purchased your product, "Newcomer Pack".  I was promised 1500 Crowns.  That is why you got my money. I want all the items promised me or a refund.  Please fix this ASAP or give me a refund for this purchase.

If they refuse to fix the issue within 20 days of purchase, contact your credit card company and dispute the charge*.  Little recourse my  ;D$$

*You have either 30 or 60 days to refute any credit card charge.

slowdraw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2021, 06:18:32 pm »

I haven't really played ESO in quite a while, and can't really give much in the way of advice about getting your newcomer pack crowns. I would caution you with regard to trying to dispute the charge if you made the purchase through steam. I have heard several unfortunate stories about people who made similar decisions and lived to regret it.

I would also suggest you hold off on the any race, any alliance purchase. No racial perks are going to make or break a build, and in my experience you will be better off mostly focusing on one character anyway. As a final warning, crafting is(was) extremely useful in the game(almost mandatory), but the materials for crafting will consume a very large portion of your inventory. The subscription offers unlimited crafting material storage, and honestly, it is the biggest draw of the subscription. When I last played, the game felt obscenely restrictive without having it.

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2021, 06:49:51 pm »

To clarify, apathy towards the pet is just to avoid them saying
"well if we refund your product, we'll have to take your pet away.  You don't want that right?" Then they ignore the refund discussion and you.

!What you say to Support!

Dear Support,
I purchased your product, "Newcomer Pack".  I was promised 1500 Crowns.  That is why you got my money. I want all the items promised me or a refund.  Please fix this ASAP or give me a refund for this purchase.

If they refuse to fix the issue within 20 days of purchase, contact your credit card company and dispute the charge*.  Little recourse my  ;D$$

*You have either 30 or 60 days to refute any credit card charge.

I will keep this in mind in case I will need to be sterner about my dealing with Bethesda Support. At best, I'll get my missing Crowns and I'll eventually forget it ever happened. At worst I'll get banned and lose more than I gain.

I haven't really played ESO in quite a while, and can't really give much in the way of advice about getting your newcomer pack crowns. I would caution you with regard to trying to dispute the charge if you made the purchase through steam. I have heard several unfortunate stories about people who made similar decisions and lived to regret it.

I would also suggest you hold off on the any race, any alliance purchase. No racial perks are going to make or break a build, and in my experience you will be better off mostly focusing on one character anyway. As a final warning, crafting is(was) extremely useful in the game(almost mandatory), but the materials for crafting will consume a very large portion of your inventory. The subscription offers unlimited crafting material storage, and honestly, it is the biggest draw of the subscription. When I last played, the game felt obscenely restrictive without having it.

It would seem that a permanent banishment is indeed possible, as I can't see any other critical negative outcome outside of an actual lawsuit. I do not plan to purchase the ESO Plus service - subscription requires commitment to fully capitalize upon, and I am not a person of commitment. In any case, I thank you for the advice.

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2021, 08:45:08 pm »

I am happy to announce that after 8 days, Bethesda Support managed to give me the 1500 Crowns that were previously missing. My faith in humanity has been slightly restored.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2021, 11:35:58 pm »

Yay!

Did it just magically happen, or did you have to push a bit?
Pages: [1] 2