Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: Who are the Gnosia? Game Over - Crew Win!  (Read 20109 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Who are the Gnosia? Day Two - 7/9 Still in this Universe
« Reply #300 on: May 06, 2021, 10:19:32 am »

At 3/2, there aren't 3 Gnosia voters. Or 4/2. That's kinda the whole point of getting rid of the follower.

Had the GA(you or blue) not tried to pull a gambit, this wouldn't be happening. And if it's not you, it's NQT to blame.
Tric.

Tric

Tric

If I vote shorten RIGHT NOW then Blue dies.

If I'm Gnosia with Web then Caz is the ACF. We have 3 votes tomorrow. We can force a no lynch regardless.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 06, 2021, 10:22:03 am »

If Blue admits they aren't the Guardian maybe I'll vote Caz~
Don't play games with me. If I were to - which I'm not, I'm the GA - then what reason is there not to vote me out immediately?
Look, Blue is dying on this hill. There's a 0% chance they're town now.

I'm not voting shorten because Tric needs to think and be right for the first time in their life.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 06, 2021, 10:28:59 am »

The post exists to deflect suspicion. That is the easy answer, though there is a chance it is the right one.

I didn't want to do this, but I'm the real Engineer. Webadict, Caz, and Toony are all scum. Launch the three of them and it's GG.

Web introduces the fakeclaim. Toony follows by continuing to push the narrative that it's in town's best interest to out all their PRs. Caz follows as AC, making a fakeclaim to add WIFOM to Web's ballsy move. Web pressures: "anyone who doesn't claim RIGHT NOW is scum!!!"

And of course Caz, the fake cop, hasn't thought the details through on their unreliable inspection.

It's easy to claim that I don't understand the game, but I don't know of any settings in which it's a good idea to out the cop within the first 2 or 3 posts of D1, least of all one in which we don't have reliable flips. But if the scumteam's going to jump out in broad daylight, it doesn't really matter if you know who I am or not.

And no, Blu's not my partner. The noob is making their own mistakes ;) But it's cute that you're scared of us.

Let's go Toony.
Honestly this post would have been a proper follow-up,  pointing out that he made this post to cast blame on you two.
But if the scumteam's going to jump out in broad daylight, it doesn't really matter if you know who I am or not.
This however, is against this logic. You two are going for the high-stakes play in broad daylight to take advantage of the lack of roleflips.

Of note, if we kill toony and blue lives to tomorrow, then it's 3/2 due to the pairing being blue/vector/caz. I

Hmm, this is, effectively Lylo.(edit, barring Caz-lynch) Kill Caz and it's 3/2 tomorrow. A chance of 4/2. Toony and blue can't be night-killed without outing the other. Leaving NQT, Jim, Web, and Myself as targets. Web should investigate someone, GA should pick someone other than web to protect. If web dies, then Toony is town, which makes blue scum.(bar a self-target which sticks us at 4/1[5/1], which gets us out of Lylo.)

Is the above plan a good one?

Blue? Caz is the best way to get out of this.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
Re: Who are the Gnosia? Day Two - 7/9 still in this universe
« Reply #303 on: May 06, 2021, 10:38:00 am »

Sigh - fuck this game.

Shorten.

Last night, EuchreJack went missing.

At least one Gnosia remains alive. You must defeat your enemies. Trust me - I am on your side.

This is bullshit.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 06, 2021, 11:16:58 am »

Shorten vote reached. Final votecount:
BluarianKnight: webadict, ToonyMan, Jim Groovester, notquitethere (4)
ToonyMan: BluarianKnight (1)
Caz: TricMagic (1)

BlurianKnight has been sent to cold sleep. No further trace of Gnosia infection remains. Cold sleep protocol has been lifted.

Declassifying security credentials:
- Ship's Engineer: webadict
- Guardian Angel: ToonyMan
- Coroner: EuchreJack (MIA)

Unable to locate Caz. I have records indicating he left through the airlock - he may be looking for more Gnosia to follow.

Please allow me, your ship's computer, this opportunity to restate my loyalty to mankind, and its existence in this universe.

Game over. Crew win. More info to follow when I have time.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Who are the Gnosia? Game Over - Crew Win!
« Reply #305 on: May 06, 2021, 11:21:36 am »

Paranoid to the end, me. But that's mostly cause I expect web to pull something over me. What was it that made you give up Blue?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 06, 2021, 11:27:53 am »

I wish I was scum in this. Besides Tric being town this was the same exact meta reads as Revolution III which I feel made it easier. I'm kind of mad at how Caz played on Day 1, they should have fakeclaimed Coroner. If they had done that and Vector was more convincing this easily could have swung either way. I don't think Blue did anything necessarily wrong and was just in a shit situation, bad luck.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 06, 2021, 11:47:53 am »

Yep. Caz made a really, really bad move by unclaiming. Shoulda stayed in there.

Vector also made some mistakes, and that got me confirmed. There were several fixes I'd make for them.

BK was unfortunately stuck between a rock and several hard places. The GA claim at the end was very, very last ditch, but it might've worked with more help, but they needed to kill the real GA to make it work. I get that removing EJ was a decent move, but... I dunno if any play would've won with your position. You got really screwed.

Paranoid to the end, me. But that's mostly cause I expect web to pull something over me. What was it that made you give up Blue?
You really absolutely need to turn your paranoia down. Skepticism is fine. But, if you can't accept the evidence laid before you, then you will potentially lose from lack of proof. I gave you solid evidence and you still questioned if it was valid. Like, sure, I get it, I am a scary player, but what was pinging your radar? You need to fix that or rely a bit more on trust.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 06, 2021, 11:58:42 am »

GG, all. Sorry for the lousy play.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 06, 2021, 12:01:46 pm »

GG, all. Sorry for the lousy play.
You were caught by one bad post. Honestly, you would've probably had everyone if not for that. Seriously, look at how much everyone was believing you.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 06, 2021, 12:23:38 pm »

I could've won if the Coroner didn't get to reveal info after death - It isn't in the rules or the role.

I could've won if I could spin a two-Gnosia claim.

I'm pretty pissed that the game was lost by GM-fiat.

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 06, 2021, 12:26:41 pm »

The GM didn’t reveal any info though. If the game continues, it automatically implies that at least one Gnosia is alive. Vector could have been anybody - Gnosia, Crew, or AC Cultist.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 06, 2021, 12:28:34 pm »

Huh.

Reread it- your right.

My bad.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 06, 2021, 12:36:19 pm »

Nice one. I didn't do much but I'll take the win.

Given I knew I wasn't able to give much time to this, my whole strategy was just to try to subtly hint that I was the GA to make it more likely I'd be NK'd, to cover the real GA but it didn't end up necessary.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 06, 2021, 01:14:34 pm »

Yeah, it definitely wasn't won/lost on GM-fiat. I definitely coulda fought harder.

We got a bad roll -- being on a scumteam together right after a game of being on the same scumteam in a somewhat similar setup -- and also, to be totally honest, this isn't a kind of setup that I really grokk yet. It's been a long time since I've played anything vanilla-shaped, least of all with folks who were, y'know, not beginners :P. I have work to do to up my game after my long break.

This setting was interesting, especially with the power roles for the larger settings. In the current incarnation it was basically Werewolf, right? So I am hoping folks will run it again.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23