Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Dreams of Elan: And So This Story Ends  (Read 9441 times)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams of Elan (4 / 6) All Ye Masked, Step Into The Chamber of Dreams
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2021, 02:05:44 am »

Tric, vote NQT.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2021, 06:47:14 am »

I think it all comes down to Blue's death.

If Kittytac were the Nightmare, I'd probably be dead, either because I was the Best Friend or because I was highly erratic with my voting.  Blue would be kept around as they would still be suspecting NQT.

However, Blue was the strongest advocate for voting out NQT.  If I had died, or anyone else for that matter, Blue would have pushed for hammering of NQT.

BluarianKnight, if there is a flaw in this logic, a death post would not go amiss.

Also, I believe a majority requires 3 votes at this stage.

Vote NQT

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2021, 06:52:12 am »

Also, Tric is still voting NQT.  Votes carry over until they're unvoted or changed, or the best friend dies.  Since none of those things has happened, Tric's vote for NQT still counts.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2021, 08:08:04 am »

Given the timing, may be wise to awaken before the nightmare kills someone, since they have a chance of hitting the dreamer.

Granted, Best Friend is still alive, so there is that. It is a bit impossible for the votes to shift though...

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2021, 10:38:41 am »

Fuck this. No time to waste. I might get killed. I am the Dreamer. I am sure it's NQT. Awaken.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2021, 10:39:27 am »

I was lurking because I was afraid of getting shot if I was active and helpful.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2021, 10:51:17 am »

Hehehe, I have some words to say once the results are posted.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams of Elan (4 / 6) The Sleeping One Wakes
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2021, 12:09:37 pm »

KittyTac rips their owl mask off, revealing his true face as the Dreamer. "Friends," he says. "I need your help. It's time for this dream to end. It's time for this nightmare to end. I know I won't last much longer, so it's time to put a stop to this now."

TricMagic looks back attentively.

EuchreJack looks over protectively.

notquitethere looks over hungrily.

KittyTac speaks again, readying themselves. "It's notquitethere. They're the Nightmare that got me into this mess... and if you trust me, Friends, I need you all to hold them down. I can end this. But I need your help."

Quote from: Votebox:
TricMagic (1): notquitethere
BluarianKnight (0):
EuchreJack (0):
KittyTac (0):
notquitethere (3): TricMagic, KittyTac, EuchreJack
Jim Groovester (0):

Not Voting (0)

Fortunately for KittyTac, TricMagic and EuchreJack believe him completely. The cat-masked Friend and fox-masked Best Friend grab notquitethere's arms.

"W-what are you doing? Can't you seeeee? KittyTac is the true Nightmare here! You must believe me! Let me go! Let me go!"

notquitethere's struggles get increasingly desperate.

L̴̛̠̞̼͕̙̩̱̺̩̠͕͍͖̺̮̹̩̀̈̇e̵̢̥̮͖̞̫̖̗͓̥͌̐͛T̸̡̛̛̼̩̤̭̭͎͕͔̰͉͚̼̋͌͌̊̋͐͒̚ͅ.̷̘͉̣̯̠͉̫̥̜̳̪̱̊͐͆̊͆̕͠.̷̜͔́̀̋̀̆̇̽̈͗͂̂̎̀͐̊͝.̸̡̧͕̫͓̝̤̮̝̝̟̲͕̈́͂͛̆̿͜ ̷̧̢͙̦̥̮̜̜̙̥̙̖͕̞́̃́̎͐̀̑͋̑͒̀͜͝ͅm̷̧̢̪͍̖̰̘͚̤͖͖͕̃̃̊̏̄́̿̐͘̕͠ḛ̵̢̛̛̼̱̔̇̽̎̒̓̅̔̈̔͂́͝͝.̸̧̡͎̳͕̯̠̖͈̒̀̌͒͐̓͌͋̏́͊͝.̵̡̢͍̝̬̤̜̬͙̭̹̞͍͖̣̄̎̏͜ͅ.̵̹̣̩̝̤̥͈̃͐̎́̉͘͜.̷̮͕͐̈́̃͗͒̉̀͐̑̍̄̒̾͆̚͝ ̴̤̟̍̏̓́̃̏͘g̵̛̟̭͖͉͕͌́̈́͌̐̀̽͆̔̅̓̃̆́̕ͅÓ̷͍̗͓̜̜̥̉̿̐̔͂͝!̴̲̜̼͔͉̞̯̱͔̘͚͖̣̫̩͐͆̉ ̴̛̞̼̋̽̃̄̆͂͛͑̀́͜͝L̷̢̛̛̼̙̙̘̦͈̗̜̭̯͕̫͍̼͛̄̈̈́̂͒͛̔̓̄͒̃̚͘Ĕ̷͔̜͙̯͇̼̪̞̯̺̠̭̣̅̇̒̑̇̉͆̄͐̅͌̏͌͝ͅT̶̻̿̎̉̀ ̷̨̱͇͈̰̟̭͙̣̣̙̦͕̭̄̓͊̋̇̓̂̎̕͘͝T̸̢̡̖͈̩̳̪̻̲̹͑̇̒̈́͊͆͐͝ͅH̸̛̫̹̲͎̆̈́͒̓͛̚Ỉ̴̧̼̦͌̈́̐̃́̂̂́͝͝Ṡ̸̝̥̏̍̐́́̽̊̒́ ̶̞̞̳͙͆O̸̼̯͂̃͐̀̾͆̑̿̃̑̎Ņ̷͎͕͈̹͖͖̠̺̣̑́̐͂̑̋͐̈̀̉͂̍̃̔̕͜͠E̵̢͍͓̱͇͈̥͔͇͔̎̈̆̋̂̕ ̷̨̲̠͔̤͆͛̓̌̏̇̊̿ͅF̸̨̝͉͎͔̓͛̂̈́̋͐͐́̅̾R̵̢̛̩͕̩̯͉̥̒́͆̌͊̄͋̒́͗̈́͘͝͝͝E̴̠͚̯̠͙͈͓̦̜̟͆̈́͌́̽̾̿͒̐̔̕E̷̙̰͉̗̠̹̻̝̲̼̳̖͈͑́̋̇̿̉͂̏̐̀͂͛͊̎̚͘͝!̶̼͙̻̦̗̦͚̖͍̿ ̴̛͕̠͍̮́͛͊̀̽ͅÁ̵̗̬̤̤̝̗͈̠̦̙̈́͂̽͐̍̍͆͆̍͐͂́̾̔̅ ̶̧̛̛̹̮̹̒̽̉̏͝͝V̷̜̱̯̦̣̾͗̇Ę̴̼̥̠̝͎̜̦̈͗͛̈́̊̅́͒̽̈̔̈́͑͘͝͝S̴̫̮̜͙͍̝̲̻͕̤͌̉͂͋̽͆́̃͜͜͝Ś̷̛̬̪̞̾̈́̊̍͊͌̌E̴̢̫̪̗̰̦͊͂̑̐̆L̶̢̤͕͈͠ͅ ̶̣͗́͠͝Ẃ̴̢̱̠̱͈̗̙̠̝̼͌̈͐̏͐̃́͑͝A̵̛̦̮̙̱͚̳̠̲̻͕͔̪̲̖͇̦̍̓̏̍̓̌̚S̸̡̡̖̭͇̱̯̥̺̬̲̤͈̖͓͇͎͑̽͛̓͒͗͝͝ ̷̢̖͈̣̮̳̊̎͋̓͌́̿̀̾͆͌̀̀͘P̴̡͉̣̻̫͈̯̲̩̬̈́Ŗ̵̡̫̣͙̯̼̬̮̙̥͙̣͍̭̗̓̐̔́̾͜O̵̒̀̔ͅM̷͚̩̣̽͝Ḭ̸̩̗͙̞͓̭̹̟͈͎͓͚̗͊͋̈̏̀́͗̓̿͝S̷̰͖͕͉̺̻̝̻̥̲̱̈́̉̀É̷͖̰͉͕͖̙̘͚͖̘͓̗̤̅͜Ḑ̷̨̡̮̺͚̼̻͉̘̩̥̫̲͚͊̈́̈́̔̀̅͛̚,̶̝͔̃̉̂̈́̀̎̿̾̐̕ ̶͖̥̬́̋̂͘A̸̧̡̨͈̹̖̟̹̰̜̰͈̲͔͍͔̤͝ ̵͔̳̯̜̜͖̹̖͖͙͍̰̜͍̫̈̕͠ͅV̸̤͖̲̺̫̺̭̤̈́͆̂̀̈̔̋̇͐̍̚͠E̵̢̞͉̩͓͇͎͉̹͕͔̻̫̘̳͛̊̏̊͂̏̆̌͋̄͒̓̓́͊Ṡ̸̬̜̤̦̤̟͇̣̖͑̎͌͒̾S̶̻͂͋̽̌̋̕E̴̢̡̯͍̹̬̘̟͂Ļ̷̳̘͓͂ ̷̛̳̗͉̃̌̄̈͋͑́̉͗͝͝W̶̟̞͚̫̙̬̐̎̿̔̈́A̷̤͈͑̈́̈̈́́̀͗͑̏̿͒̏͊͝Ś̵̙̹͚͖̙̺̑̉̎ ̵̠̹͕͙̦̂͆̏̀́̄̆̇̽͌͊̿͒̐͝P̴̧̳̯͉̠̬̼̣͓͎̹̃͌̈́̊͗̌͑̉̅̎̀̅͋͜R̷̡̰̻̟͙͎͎̬̳̰͕̋͗̃͜͝O̸͉̬̼̺͂̅͗͑̋̌͆͘M̵̢̲̳̤͇͉̱̖̝͖͖̭͓̖͉̍́̇̀ͅȈ̶̤͚̲S̴̨͔̞̗̲͍̠̑͋͒̽̂ͅẸ̶̡͚̤͉̳̦̿̀D̷̨̨̘̜̗͍̭͕̞̥̰̠͔̘̆̇͂̅͛̒͜ͅ!̵̡̧̳̜̲͙̝̗͈̫̲̭͖͍̭̲̿͆͋̒̎͋̓̉͒̋͌̚͠͠͠ͅ ̶̧͚̘̖̮̫̞̜̫̥̼̞͙̠͖̄̑̏̀͌͛̔̂͜W̸̧̨̧͈̩̳̬̤̥̰̞̐̐͊̄̉͒̄͌͝O̴̹͕͔͚̲͉̲̝̓Ẹ̴̽́̃̇̋̉̂̾̑!̵̗̯̹̫̫͈̙̭̈́̈́͑͒̌̊ ̶̨̢̡̗͈̱̘̙͈͙̻̍͜W̵͙̦͈͉̭͓͖̭̱̘͚̩͉̤̙̞̿̈́̅̊̃̾͆̽̐̐͝O̶̧͇͙̱̺̙̼̥̹͌̅̿͋̍̑͑̒̓̔̊̆̔͆̆̎͝ͅE̴̦̭̜͙͚͇̼̱̜̠̖͍̫̤̠͔̅̈́ͅ!̴̙̫̼̤̱̙͗̎̈́̒́̊́͗̈͆̊͠ ̶̨͇̹̾̈́Ẁ̷̻̺̯̞͓͚͔̲̽͊̌̾̆͑̎́͠͝Ọ̶̑̌̾͝E̷̢͖̠͓͔͕̼̻̔̏́͒̃̆̾̽̈́̿͠͠!"

Their draconic mask falls away, revealing a struggling dark creature. The Nightmare.

KittyTac's hand glows with a golden light. All their gathered courage and energy. If this were to miss, it would be trivial for the Nightmare to end his life. But the Nightmare is pinned. Perhaps if it were given time, it would be broken free.

But for once...

Time isn't on its side.

The golden wave strikes it, and in a destructive blast, the Nightmare screams and is banished, back to the realm from whence it came.

The dream slowly crumbles. The chamber falling apart. But KittyTac isn't afraid anymore. He turns to TricMagic and EuchreJack, and the fallen masks - badger and bear - of Jim Groovester and BluarianKnight.

"Thank you. I think it's time for me to go now..."

"But I promise... I won't forget you."

And young Elan wakes up. A crow mask falls from his face and breaks into a myriad of fragments, which slowly glow gold, then turn to dust.

He looks upwards, and sees the previously worried, but now overjoyed, faces of his father and sister. His sister sets down a wand she was carving, half-covered in glowing pink runes, and picks him out of the bed, embracing him. The father, although slowly due to his age, soon follows.

And young Elan remembers. And all is right with the world. He is safe, now.

Game over. Dream Team wins. Nightmare has lost.

KittyTac was the Dreamer.

EuchreJack was the Best Friend.

BluarianKnight, Jim Groovester, and TricMagic were all Friends.

notquitethere was the Nightmare.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams of Elan: And So This Story Ends
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2021, 12:12:57 pm »

Guess I'll keep my dunce cap on for a while longer.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2021, 12:17:28 pm »

RIP. Everyone clocked me but I actually tried this time. I almost fakeclaimed Dreamer on that last day, but I decided I could afford to wait another day. Apparently not!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2021, 12:23:17 pm »

I was pretty certain who was who as soon as Blue was killed.

I sent this PM to FoU right after the second daykill:
Hmm I need to give reads for this game before it ends:

KittyTac - Dreamer
EuchreJack - Best Friend
TricMagic - Friend
NQT - Nightmare

Seeing as how my reads were correct, I will explain why this was for each player in a little bit.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2021, 12:29:13 pm »

Woo! :D

GG everyone.

My role PM, game is over so I assume it's OK to share.
You feel like you should know your way around this endless labyrinth, but you don't. It's all distorted. An owl mask clings to your face. You're so scared.

Sometimes there's flashes of helpful spirits. Just out of sight. Just too far away.

There's a thing behind you. It's gaining. Running.

Hunting you down.

You arrive in the chamber and seal the door. But it's too late. The Nightmare is in here with you, and if you can't find it, it'll eat your soul. You'll need the help of the Friends here to manage that. You do have some hope.

You are the Dreamer.

-The Dreamer has the following abilities:
Dream Host: If the Dreamer is voted off, or killed by the Nightmare, the Dreams lose the game and the Nightmare wins the game.
Awaken: Can only be used while a majority of the living players' votes are on a single player other than the Dreamer. If the Nightmare is voted off, the Dreams then win. Otherwise, the Nightmare wins. Awaken must be publicly used.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 12:31:28 pm by KittyTac »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2021, 12:31:44 pm »

I had figured that Kitty was most likely the Dreamer. I even swapped my queued kill on them onto Tric, as I thought I'd have better luck persuading Jack to side with me at LYLO than I would Tric who had been on my case all game.

It's sort of frustrating to me that Tric et al were completely correct about me being the Nightmare, but they were unable to explain any kind of reason for believing so. Guess it didn't matter in the end.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2021, 12:33:45 pm »

I am good at tone-reads, I find.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2021, 12:35:36 pm »

@NQT:
It's sort of frustrating to me that Tric et al were completely correct about me being the Nightmare, but they were unable to explain any kind of reason for believing so. Guess it didn't matter in the end.
Don't worry, I can give concrete reasons to help in the future. I was following this game closely.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8