Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 45093 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is late now, so I will run the math and write the contracts tomorrow. However, I have an extra 0.6 guineas compared to earlier.

Plus, it just occurs to me that I can just add the navigator cost to your debt without us actually exchanging physical guineas... I don't need to give you a physical coin so that you can give it to me. I can just add that to your tab.

Assuming advance payment, one navigator would be 0.6 guineas, while the other (on the new ship) would be 0.2 guineas, since it has the discounts from having taken a loan.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

I'd like an extension, please.
You know what, fine. If you really want to delay the game for no reason, here you go: +12 hours. Anyone who has a problem with this can pester eS about it.

I would like you to delay the extension for a couple of turns.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Naturally, we need an extension. I'll wait Andrea.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Lazy Jack's Investco (click to show/hide)
Since there now exists a market for neutral persons to request an extension (aka those whom the Mod actually believes needs an extension, rather than those doing so just to cause trouble), I'll make the following Offer:

For 1 Guineas, Sir Lazy Jack offers the following service:
EXTENSION INSURANCE
I, the illustrious Sir Lazy Jack, will request an extension for you, with all the whining, theatrics, and what for, your actual need for the extension being of no consequence to me AND I will offer a free refund if the extension is NOT granted for whatever reason. Payment is required before the begging on your behalf can begin.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For taunting the GM in Discord, Happy Crab LLC receives 1 Royal Disfavour.

Tric, Andrea: if you need an extension, that's fine.
Long Live United Forenia!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hsould be fine on my end, but since this is a 2 way exchange, probably better to consider an extension, yes. Hopefully we will have this sorted out earlier.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide the ship Warrick with a navigator to guide them to Nordeland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of .6 guineas.
This sum is to be paid upfront. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of 5 guineas.
- Sharky's financial ventures
- Wilco Ventures 0.24 Guineas.
- Aywanez Enterprises 0.12 Guineas
- Rock's Firm 0.24 Guineas
Pay the amount each to Sharky financial services for a navigator.

Noted

@TRICTRICTRIC
Ok. Here is the plan: I shall give you a loan of 7.5 guineas in hard cash. That will give you 10 guineas, enough to buy a ship.
Then, when you buy navigators, I'll just add their cost to the loan. If you want a navigator for both ships, that will be 0.8 guineas.
If you only plan to send one to Norderland, that will be 0.2 guineas. (0.8, -0.2 for payment in advance(sort of), -0.4 due to loans taken to buy ships this turn)

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to transfer 7.5 guineas to the undersigned company, Bathtub Corsairs.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 10% of the initial sum. The initial sum will need to be repaid in full after 6 month. Failure to pay interests or to provide the full initial sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.
In consideration of the cyclical nature of trade, it is agreed that interest payments can be suspended for up to 3 months. The amount due will still need to be paid either immediately or spread across the rest of the loan. No further suspension can be awarded until there is no longer outstanding suspended interest.

Signed:
-Sharky's financial ventures
-

For the license contract, I'll wait for the name of the ship(s) to sail.

@EVERYONE
Due to increasing demand, and with concern of oversupply, for the time coming starting next month I will restrict ships travelling to Norderland to 2 ships per month to avoid oversupply, to preserve prices while industry adjusts to this new material. It is estimated that 20 loads of wool per month is more than enough to kickstart the process.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to transfer 7.5 guineas to the undersigned company, Bathtub Corsairs.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 10% of the initial sum. The initial sum will need to be repaid in full after 6 month. Failure to pay interests or to provide the full initial sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.
In consideration of the cyclical nature of trade, it is agreed that interest payments can be suspended for up to 3 months. The amount due will still need to be paid either immediately or spread across the rest of the loan. No further suspension can be awarded until there is no longer outstanding suspended interest.

Signed:
-Sharky's financial ventures
-Bathtub Corsairs

We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Bloody Shark' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the 'Norderland' until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the 'Bloody Shark's' cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Repairing the ship will be carried out through the use of a "repair fund". Owning shares obligates the owner to pay that percentage of the missing sum to fully repair the ship. Any costs associated with travelling of a route shall also be borne by all participants in proportion to their share of the ship. Failure to pay will lead to those shares being auctioned off, and the money being put into the "repair fund". These "repair funds" can be used to purchase new ships with the agreement of the involved parties, new shares being given out in accordance of shares currently owned.  Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the 'Bloody Shark'.
 Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the 'Bloody Shark' to be in agreement.

- Bathtub Corsairs: 10 Guineas

ACTACTACT: Another bathtub frilled with coins equaling 10 Guineas is delivered to the office as payment, as is right for commissioning a ship. The Bloody Shark has been purloined.. Destination is Nordrland.

As is the other one. They sail for wool.

Spoiler: Bathtub Corsairs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 10:01:01 am by TricMagic »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide the ship Magierin and Bloody Shark represented by Bathtub corsairs with a navigator to guide them to Norderland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of 0.8 guineas.
This sum shall be added as debt to the outstanding loan signed this month by those same companies. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of 5 guineas.
-Sharky's financial services
-

If you want to do advance payment, just a little signature here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide both the ships Magierin and Bloody Shark represented by Bathtub corsairs with a navigator to guide them to Norderland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of 0.8 guineas.
This sum shall be added as debt to the outstanding loan signed this month by those same companies. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of 5 guineas.
-Sharky's financial services
-Bathtub Corsairs

If you want to do advance payment, just a little signature here.
Done, so no more time needed Nuke. (Minor edit adding 'Both', given that one navigator for two ships is not much sense.)[also an s]
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 02:10:51 pm by TricMagic »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, a navigator each is what I meant, thanks.

Sail safe!

« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 12:07:47 pm by andrea »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Early Spring, Y2
TURNTURNTURN
Spoiler: Actions processed (click to show/hide)

The Warrick, Nsailor, Magierin, Sandshape, and Bloody Shark all depart the docks this month- the harbour is really livening up these days.

Sand is sold, sand is consumed. The price remains stable.
[10 Sand Sold]

The Wool market receives a small blow when a well-known tailor decries the stuff as useless. Other tailors disagree, but the price still takes a hit.
[10 Wool Sold]

The CEO of Happy Crab LLC decides to give a Christmas Bonus to the crew of the Jolly Crustacean. Great! Just a few problems. One, nobody knows what Christmas is, and why it would yield a bonus. Two, assuming it's some sort of mid-winter festival, that's since passed. Three, the Jolly Crustacean is not in port at the moment, so when the CEO hands over the bonus, it just falls into the water. Makes a bit of a splash. Oh well. I'm sure the fish and/or the next person to go diving in the vicinity will appreciate it.
Less appreciated is the CEO's public taunting of the Crown. While not rising to the level of a crime, the jabs are sufficiently irritating that a stern letter is delivered telling them to cease and desist.
[Happy Crab LLC receives 1 Royal Disfavour]

The Crown graciously names three of its finest warships "Citizen Snips", "The Claw", and "Abyss". The companies that suggested these names receive a Certificate Of Commendation for each ship named.
[Happy Crab LLC receives 2 Certificates of Commendation. Wilco Ventures receives one. These are pointless but slightly prestigious trinkets]

Moira Libum is... an interesting woman. It is not entirely clear whether she ever sleeps, though she is always full of energy. She habitually dresses in shabby clothing- old leather and stained linen-, but lives in a luxurious three-story townhouse with servants and everything. It is almost impossible to understand what she is talking about at times, but it's obviously all very profound. Her profession? "Inventor".
Recently, Ms Libum has been sending barely-legible letters to ship-owners, asking them to sponsor a new project. Specifically, she wants Sand. But it has to be fresh sand, which is to say sand that has not been sold on the market- she is concerned that sand dealers are cutting their product (with dirt, dust, even ground up seashells), and refuses to work with sub-standard ingredients. What's in it for the person who gives her sand? Well, once the project is completed, she will give the blueprints of her invention to the sponsor, to do with as they will. She... doesn't seem to care about exploiting the actual end product, she just enjoys the process of inventing.
How much sand does she want? Oh, not that much.
Just a single shipload. 10 units.
Will the end product be worth anything? "Yeah probably!", is the response. "Might beuseful ona ship I guess!"
What if multiple people offer her sand? "Oh well firstcome firstserve! Right!?"
Does she not need anything else to invent stuff? "Oh I'll justhave Igor buy anything elseat themarket! Money isn't anissue! People keep giving itto me so Ihavetons!"
Are... are you okay? "Ohyeahyeah I'mfinethanksforasking!"

Shiver me timbers! An anonymous whistleblower in the Royal Navy reveals that pirates have managed to get their hands on modern ships (somehow), and are using them to plunder the coastlines of the Motherlands and disrupt shipping. Apparently they've been cautious, picking on small targets and avoiding larger ships... until now. The pirates, operating from an unknown hideout, are sailing the seas armed and dangerous- and will even take on our glorious trade ships if given the chance! While the whistleblower doesn't believe the odds of a successful pirate attack are particularly high, they do warn that attempts to root them out have been futile, and that the pirates are likely here to stay.

The Jolly Crustacean and Enterprise arrive on schedule.

PRICES
Sand   - 0.38 Guineas per unit (+0)
Wool   - 0.75 Guineas per unit (-0.03)
Ships  - 10 Guineas each (+0)

DESTINATIONS
Nearsouthlands - 2 Month round trip, yields Sand | Public charts
Norderland     - 3 Month round trip, yields Wool | Exclusive charts

SHIPS
<Jolly Crustacean       - Returned end of Early Spring Y2 with 10 units of Sand. Intending to depart for Nearsouthlands in beginning Mid Spring Y2
Warrick                - Departed for Norderland in beginning Early Spring Y2, expected to return end of Late Spring Y2
Nearsouth Nsailor      - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Early Spring Y1, expected to return end of Mid Spring Y2
<Enterprise             - Returned end of Early Spring Y2 with 10 units of Wool. Intending to depart for Norderland in beginning Mid Spring Y2
Woolritter             - Departed for Norderland in beginning Late Winter Y1, expected to return end of Mid Spring Y2
Magierin               - Departed for Norderland in beginning Early Spring Y2, expected to return end of Late Spring Y2
Sandshape              - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Early Spring Y2, expected to return end of Mid Spring Y2
Bloody Shark           - Departed for Norderland in beginning Early Spring Y2, expected to return end of Late Spring Y2

Dreary Black Pincer    - Explorer. Departed North in Late Winter Y1. ETA: Unknown

OTHER OFFERINGS
Moira Libum seeks 10 units of Sand, in exchange for invention blueprints.

NEW MECHANIC: Inventions! Moira Libum is a one-woman scientific revolution, capable of churning out inventions in the blink of an eye. In this case, she has an invention in mind, but once this one is taken care of, she will accept a donation of any amount/combination of resources, and provide the blueprints to an invention in exchange (you can suggest a concept when donating, but Moira's mind is unpredictable, so the end product may bear no resemblance). Invention blueprints work like Exclusive Charts- they let the owner, and anyone who the owner gives permission, build the invention (which will cost a certain amount of money/resources), and equip it to their ship. Or maybe give it to local businesses to increase demand for a product. Or maybe it doesn't do anything useful, but is an impressive thing to own nonetheless. If you think it is totally useless and worthless, you can just make the blueprints open source, which the Crown approves of (though it obviously approves much more if you make useful blueprints open source).
'Fresh' resources given to Moira do not, in fact, have to be fresh in the sense of recently acquired, they can sit in your inventory for years and still be acceptable. The point is just that you can't buy stuff from the Market to give her (but you can buy from other players!).
Needless to say, the more you give, the more you get. Giving her one unit of Sand is unlikely to produce anything worthwhile, whereas shiploads of hard-to-obtain resources are liable to result in extraordinary contraptions. Generally speaking, 5 units of resources is the minimum amount needed to get something remotely interesting. Oh, also, bear in mind that Moira has access to plenty of 'common' resources, so inventions will not consist solely of the donated resources- wood, metal, and various other bits and pieces may feature as well.

NEW MECHANIC: Pirates! Are not actually that interesting. If I'm being honest, it's just a fancy way of saying that I've rebalanced the odds of a ship getting into trouble. All routes are now slightly more dangerous.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 01:20:47 am by NUKE9.13 »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

iiiii have iiinfooooooooo
0.1 cost to find it out

Spoiler: Powder and Partner (click to show/hide)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Minor clarification: Moira is looking for a single donation of 10 Sand. As with exclusive charts, you can work together with someone to donate that much, but you'll have to figure out what to do with the blueprints (ie make a contract between you). Donating less than 10 units of sand by yourself is not an option.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would be willing to buy 2 sand at 0.5 guinea each.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 71