Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 45166 times)

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide the ship Woolritter with a navigator to guide them to Nordeland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of .6 guineas.
This sum is to be paid upfront. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of 5 guineas.
- Sharky's financial ventures
- Wilco Ventures

Pay 2 Guineas for turn 3 - 6 of interest of debt and 0.6 for navigator in advance Sharky's financial ventures.

Covering all the interest for now and will pay original debt on turn 6 of it.

Spoiler:  Willco Ventures (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 03:22:20 pm by flazeo25 »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Flabort on the other hand owes me some money. 0.1Gn outstanding and an additional 0.05 next turn. If this debt isn't paid, I will repossess the VVT shares I gave you.
I do indeed. Let me do some calculations.

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

So during Late Autumn, Year 1, there was 1Gn profits for WSI. 4/5 of this belonged to WSI, and at the start of Early Winter 1/5 should have been distributed to shareholders. I had previously miscalculated that as .1Gn, but it is .2Gn going to Aywanez Enterprises.

During Early Winter, I calculate WSI made no profits, due to not receiving any dividends from VVT. At the beginning of Mid Winter, I calculate no dividends payed out.

The same applies during Mid winter, so no payout at the start of Late Winter.

Did I really miss the start of 3 turns? Yes. But outstanding payments will be given.

A1SA1SA1S: a1s, your .2Gn are being deposited right now.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 07:46:57 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nothing to do but wait.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Thanks flabort. Don't forget the .255 guineas you got from VVT this turn (I notice you haven't added them to your Assets).
Would you like to invest in a ship?

Quote from: Ship Contract
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Sheepshape' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Norderland until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the Sheepshape's cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Repairing the ship will be carried out through the use of a "repair fund". Owning shares obligates the owner to pay that percentage of the missing sum to fully repair the ship. Failure to pay into the "repair fund" will lead to those shares being auctioned off, and the money being put into the "repair fund". Any costs associated with travelling of a route shall be borne by all participants in proportion to their share of the ship. Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the Sheepshape. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Sheepshape to be in agreement.

- Aywanez Enterprises - 6 Guineas
- Lazy Jack's Investco - 1 Guinea

Spoiler:  Aywanez Enterprises (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

Quote from: Ship Contract
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Sheepshape' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Norderland until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the Sheepshape's cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Repairing the ship will be carried out through the use of a "repair fund". Owning shares obligates the owner to pay that percentage of the missing sum to fully repair the ship. Failure to pay into the "repair fund" will lead to those shares being auctioned off, and the money being put into the "repair fund". Any costs associated with travelling of a route shall be borne by all participants in proportion to their share of the ship. Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the Sheepshape. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Sheepshape to be in agreement.

- Aywanez Enterprises - 6 Guineas
- Lazy Jack's Investco - 1 Guinea
- Wilco Ventures - 2 Guineas

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

Probably best to hold onto it, but I'll sell my sand now

ACTACTACT: Sell 6 sand for 1.98Gn
ACTACTACT: Donate 2Gn to Dotty for North, on the condition she names her ship the Dreaded Black Pincer.  Happy Crab LLC will also provide her with a flag to accommodate her ship, free of charge.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 03:48:30 pm by evictedSaint »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Donate 2Gn to Dotty for NorthWest, on the condition she names her ship the Dreaded Black Pincer.  Happy Crab LLC will also provide her with a flag to accommodate her ship, free of charge.
The name change is doable, but what sort of direction is NorthWest? Do you mean to split your vote between North and West? Or- no, you can't seriously believe that it's physically possible to sail at a heading between the four cardinal directions.

E: Also, I'm planning to update in 22 hours. Extensions available if necessary.
Long Live United Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want her to go North, and West!  Both cardinal directions AT ONCE!  If it truly is an unfair request, I'll settle instead for a Northern route.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 03:48:19 pm by evictedSaint »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To people I owe money (Rockeater) to: I'll perform accounting tomorrow, unless specifically requested.

Even with the request for withdrawal of Kashyyk I may have some guineas available to loan. But again, I am reserving accounting for tomorrow unless  there is a specific need.

I see the Sheepshape is headed toward Norderlands. I believe you might need a navigator.

Quote from:  advance payment
We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide the ship Sheepshape with a navigator to guide them to Nordeland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of .6 guineas.
This sum is to be paid upfront. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of 5 guineas.
-

Quote from:  delayed payment
We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide the ship Sheepshape with a navigator to guide them to Nordeland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of .8 guineas.
This sum is to be paid when the ship next comes to port or 3 months after the scheduled return, whichever comes first. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of 5 guineas.
-

« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 04:12:26 pm by andrea »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

.6/.8 sounds like good prices for the charts, is there a shareholder in the Warrik are interested in chart lease.
Sharky, I am willing to pay this cost from my deposit if it is agreeable and the Warrik co-owner would agree to give me extra 1 wool from the shipment, I am also willing for standard split of cost
@a1s, @flazo, @andrea
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

Warrick not here yet so probally best to wait till then.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Lazy Jack's Investco (click to show/hide)

I want her to go North, and West!  Both cardinal directions AT ONCE!  If it truly is an unfair request, I'll settle instead for a Northern route.
Hm, if you've already put in 2 Guineas towards Dorthy going North, and you're really like to see a Northwest, and there is already one vote towards West, I think I can fix things to go Northwest....

ACTACTACT: Cast my vote for WEST, causing a tie between West and North requiring Dorthy to go both directions!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If it's a tie, she picks one at random.  Game mechanics dont allow non-cardinal directions, sadly.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Late Winter, Y1
TURNTURNTURN
Spoiler: Actions processed (click to show/hide)

The Jolly Crustacean and Woolritter depart on schedule.

A bolstered glassblowing industry coincides with a large order for decorative sand for the Year's End Ball, leading to a sizeable jump in price.
[9 Sand Sold]

The clothing industry is intrigued by the influx of Wool, but only has so much room to experiment with new-fangled fabrics. An industry leader reminds everyone that there will be more ships with more wool, which serves to reduce the excitement a little further. The price declines, though Wool remains a precious substance. 
[10 Wool Sold]

Dorothy Horsegame receives two more donations- resulting in a three-way tie for direction. She rolls her eyes before rolling a three-sided die (don't ask), and announces she will be sailing North. Having decided this, she finishes stocking her ship, and announces the date of her departure. Two days before said date, in the early hours of the morning, the Dreary Black Pincer slips out of the harbour and heads north. Apparently her family didn't approve of her attempt to escape the Motherlands, and she schemed to depart early so as to avoid their attempts to stop her. It's amazing how much work some folks will put into avoiding responsibilities, isn't it?
The Queen commends Wilco Ventures and Happy Crab LLC for their contributions.
[Willco Ventures receives 2 Royal Favour. Happy Crab LLC receives 4 Royal Favour]

For some unfathomable reason, the Royal Navy is being expanded. The Crown is offering an exclusive opportunity to have a warship named in your honour, for the low, low cost of 1 Guinea or 2 Royal Favour.

The Warrick, Nsailor, and Magierin all arrive on time and unharmed.

PRICES
Sand   - 0.38 Guineas per unit (+0.05)
Wool   - 0.78 Guineas per unit (-0.07)
Ships  - 10 Guineas each (+0)

DESTINATIONS
Nearsouthlands - 2 Month round trip, yields Sand | Public charts
Norderland     - 3 Month round trip, yields Wool | Exclusive charts

SHIPS
Jolly Crustacean       - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Late Winter Y1, expected to return end of Early Spring Y2
<Warrick                - Returned end of Late Winter Y1 with 10 units of Sand. Intending to depart for Nearsouthlands in beginning Early Spring Y2
<Nearsouth Nsailor      - Returned end of Late Winter Y1 with 10 units of Sand. Intending to depart for Nearsouthlands in beginning Early Spring Y2
Enterprise             - Departed for Norderland in beginning Mid Winter Y1, expected to return end of Early Spring Y2
Woolritter             - Departed for Norderland in beginning Late Winter Y1, expected to return end of Mid Spring Y2
<Magierin               - Returned end of Late Winter Y1 with 10 units of Wool. Intending to depart for Norderland in beginning Early Spring Y2

Dreary Black Pincer    - Explorer. Departed North in Late Winter Y1. ETA: Unknown

OTHER OFFERINGS
Adopt a Royal Navy warship: Only 1 Guinea or 2 Royal Favour to have a warship named in your honour!

NULL: Missing Data. Explanation of the feature.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 05:14:58 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 71