Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 45252 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

Would you be interested in shares for the Enterprise as well? Those and the Clarisse Shares for 4.94 Guineas.

Sure, done.

Quote from: sale of Clarisse and Enterprise ship shares
Effective immediately, Bathtub Corsairs transfers ownership of 3 shares of the Clarisse and 3 shares of the Enterprise to Happy Crab LLC. 

In turn, Happy Crab LLC transfers 4.94gn to Bathtub Corsairs.

-Happy Crab LLC (evictedSaint)
-

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would you be interested in shares for the Enterprise as well? Those and the Clarisse Shares for 4.94 Guineas.

Sure, done.

Quote from: sale of Clarisse and Enterprise ship shares
Effective immediately, Bathtub Corsairs transfers ownership of 3 shares of the Clarisse and 3 shares of the Enterprise to Happy Crab LLC. 

In turn, Happy Crab LLC transfers 4.94gn to Bathtub Corsairs.

-Happy Crab LLC (evictedSaint)
-Bathtub Corsiars (TricMagic)

Pleasure doing business with you.

Andrea, a 4.23 loan from Sharky's Financial Services please. With the bonus from the loan, .8 will be paid for the Navigator to Norderland. 10 to purchase a ship.
If needed I can take out a loan later if the Warrick needs repairs.
Spoiler: Bathtub Corsairs (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 03:21:11 pm by TricMagic »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Happy Crab (click to show/hide)

ACTACTACT: As I now have a majority stake (i.e. a controlling interest) in the Clarisse, I hereby rename the ship to Jolly Crustacean.  The crew must wear crab-themed uniforms with crab-themed hats, and a crab-shaped emblem is now on the ships sails. 

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@TricTricTric

Would it be all the same for you if I loaned 4.5? 4.43 would involve thousandth's of guineas, which nobody currently uses.
I may also perform rounding instead.

Here is a 4.5 proposal

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to transfer 4.5 guineas to the undersigned company, Bathtub Corsairs.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 10% of the initial sum. The initial sum will need to be repaid in full after 6 month. Failure to pay interests or to provide the full initial sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.
In consideration of the cyclical nature of trade, it is agreed that interest payments can be suspended for up to 3 months. The amount due will still need to be paid either immediately or spread across the rest of the loan. No further suspension can be awarded until there is no longer outstanding suspended interest.

Signed:
-Sharky's financial ventures
-

And here is a 4.43 proposal, rounded.

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to transfer 4.43 guineas to the undersigned company, Bathtub Corsairs.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 10% of the initial sum. The initial sum will need to be repaid in full after 6 month. Failure to pay interests or to provide the full initial sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value. The total interest due will be rounded from 2.658 to 2.67, divided in 6 payments of 0.445 guineas, in order to round the total to the second decimal digit.
In consideration of the cyclical nature of trade, it is agreed that interest payments can be suspended for up to 3 months. The amount due will still need to be paid either immediately or spread across the rest of the loan. No further suspension can be awarded until there is no longer outstanding suspended interest.

Signed:
-

While I am here: Due to the collapse of price of sand and the continuing oversupply, base price for charts remains 1.2 guineas as my forecasts for future sand prices have dropped accordingly to recent events. Discounts are available as usual for loans taken to charter the ship in question, advance payment and/or bank favours.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 03:27:24 pm by andrea »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to transfer 4.5 guineas to the undersigned company, Bathtub Corsairs.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 10% of the initial sum. The initial sum will need to be repaid in full after 6 month. Failure to pay interests or to provide the full initial sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.

Signed:
-Bathtub Corsairs

That puts me at 11.07gn

I'll take a Navigator to Norderland in a moment Andrea. That should be 1 Guineas correct?

I'm going to go purchase a ship now.

Spoiler: Bathtub Corsairs (click to show/hide)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That depends. Are you paying in advance? if so, assuming the lease is for the ship you are purchasing now with the loan money, the earned discount is 0.4 guineas (0.2 for the loan, 0.2 for advance payment), so you would only need to pay 0.8 for the navigator.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 03:33:54 pm by andrea »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With Great Relish, the Bathtub Corsairs write a contract.

Quote from: Contract for the construction of the Magierin.
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Magierin' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the 'Norderland' until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the 'Magierin's' cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Repairing the ship will be carried out through the use of a "repair fund". Owning shares obligates the owner to pay that percentage of the missing sum to fully repair the ship. Any costs associated with travelling of a route shall also be borne by all participants in proportion to their share of the ship. Failure to pay will lead to those shares being auctioned off, and the money being put into the "repair fund". These "repair funds" can be used to purchase new ships with the agreement of the involved parties, new shares being given out in accordance of shares currently owned.  Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the 'Magierin'.
 Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the 'Magierin' to be in agreement.

- Bathtub Corsairs: 10 Guineas

ACTACTACT: A bathtub frilled with coins equaling 10 Guineas is delivered to the office as payment, as is right for commissioning a ship. Magierin Purchased.
[Added-Contract made below, so we have the navigater Nuke. To Wooloo fields.]

Looking to hire the navigator now Andrea.

Correct. The Magierin shall sail for Norderland. May she bring glory to the Corsairs.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 04:07:33 pm by TricMagic »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from:  Magierin chart lease
We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Nordeland, agree to provide the ship Magierin represented by the signatory company with a navigator to guide them to Nordeland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of 0.8 guineas.
This sum is to be paid before ship departure. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of 5 guineas.
-Sharky's financial services
-

Congratulations on being the first full owner of a ship.

Don't mind the navigator waving a "funded by Sharky's" flag whenever other ships pass nearby

« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 03:58:08 pm by andrea »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Contract for the construction of the Maigiern.
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Magierin' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Norderland until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the Enterprise's cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Repairing the ship will be carried out through the use of a "repair fund". Owning shares obligates the owner to pay that percentage of the missing sum to fully repair the ship. Any costs associated with travelling of a route shall also be borne by all participants in proportion to their share of the ship. Failure to pay will lead to those shares being auctioned off, and the money being put into the "repair fund". These "repair funds" can be used to purchase new ships with the agreement of the involved parties, new shares being given out in accordance of shares currently owned.  Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the Enterprise. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Enterprise to be in agreement.

- Bathtub Corsairs: 10 Guineas
- Happy Crab: 0 Guineas

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TRICTRICTRIC: I'm afraid you can't modify the contract, as it would require all shareholders of the Enterprise to be in agreement.  As a shareholder of the Enterprise, I am not in agreement.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I appreciate the support, but no, not a shareholder.

And no, I don't mind the flag. I'm sure the Woolritter will appreciate it.
Quote from: Andrea
Quote from:  Magierin chart lease
We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide the ship Magierin represented by the signatory company with a navigator to guide them to Norderland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of 0.8 guineas.
This sum is to be paid before ship departure. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of 5 guineas.
-Sharky's financial services
-Bathtub Corsiars

Congratulations on being the first full owner of a ship.

Don't mind the navigator waving a "funded by Sharky's" flag whenever other ships pass nearby

Of note, it's Norderland, not Nordeland. My contract is fixed, pulled a Powder for a moment.

Shareholders require they be on it, moneywise. You own 0% of the Magierin
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 04:18:33 pm by TricMagic »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TRICTRICTRIC: I'm afraid you can't modify the contract, as it would require all shareholders of the Enterprise to be in agreement.  As a shareholder of the Enterprise, I am not in agreement.

Beyond that, it mentions the Magierin's purchase. Nice try though, I thank you for the money and hope someone can pay for the Clarisse to change course for wool.  There is good reason I did not sell them last turn, as it means I'm only 1 behind on the wooly trend. A very Corsair move.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@ACTACTACT
Donate 1 guinea to Dotty, suggesting an exploration of the East. We know no Land there, and with the oversupply crisis plaguing us maybe the rising sun holds promise.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For reference, you don’t actually need a contract if you are the sole owner, although I guess it does make selling shares later easier.
Also, don’t worry, copy-paste errors will not be enforced. Sorry, eS.
Long Live United Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For reference, you don’t actually need a contract if you are the sole owner, although I guess it does make selling shares later easier.
Also, don’t worry, copy-paste errors will not be enforced. Sorry, eS.

I wasn't gonna hold him to it anyways, lol.  Just having some fun.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 71