Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 45138 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With interest on the loan being far behind and with the company being unresponsive to our demands for repayment, it is our intention to seize blu fish entrprises assets as  compensation.
We shall receive the share in the blind goat venture in lieu of interest. While the guineas paid in the venture are slightly more than what is due I believe the crown will understand the need to expedite the exploitation of this new trade route. Shall this national interest not be deemed sufficient, we are willing to deduct the difference from the principal.
@ACTACTACT
@IRIDIUMIRIDIUMIRIDIUM

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With interest on the loan being far behind and with the company being unresponsive to our demands for repayment, it is our intention to seize blu fish entrprises assets as  compensation.
We shall receive the share in the blind goat venture in lieu of interest. While the guineas paid in the venture are slightly more than what is due I believe the crown will understand the need to expedite the exploitation of this new trade route. Shall this national interest not be deemed sufficient, we are willing to deduct the difference from the principal.
I mentioned this to Andrea elsewhere, but for the record, this sort of thing is only my business if one party disagrees with the action, and no agreement can be reached. So if Iridium responds that under no circumstances will he give Andrea a single guinea's worth of anything (or similar response that precludes negotiations), then Andrea might ask the Crown to arbitrate. There is no fixed formula to such arbitrations- the Crown would consider the context of the dispute (the contract, the attempts to resolve, the assets in question, etc) and render an appropriate judgement.

Non-responsiveness (over a reasonable period) is considered a lack of objection, although the non-responsive party may come back later and protest that the deal they were forced into was unfair. Again, this is only my problem if the parties involved cannot reach a resolution themselves.
Long Live United Forenia!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Late Summer, Year 1
« Reply #212 on: April 12, 2021, 07:28:47 am »

Take my share of two Sand.
ACTACTACT: Sell 6 units of Sand or 2.58 Guineas.

Quote from: Ship Contract
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Enterprise' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Nearsouthlands until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the Enterprise's cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Repairing the ship will be carried out through the use of a "repair fund". Owning shares obligates the owner to pay that percentage of the missing sum to fully repair the ship. Failure to pay into the "repair fund" will lead to those shares being auctioned off, and the money being put into the "repair fund". Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the Enterprise. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Enterprise to be in agreement.

- Aywanez Enterprises - 1 Guineas
- Random Trading Company - 3 Guineas
- Emerald Robin EEHC - 2 Guineas
- Bathtub Corsairs - 3 Guineas

bote: the woo-lemming. 1 left.
Propose a Change in destination to the Norderland. If RTC agrees, that's 60%. Same if ER EEHC and AE/or new party agree.
Propose a Change in destination to the Warrick to set sail for the Norderland. Sand is set to plummet in price soon.

Spoiler: Bathtub Corsairs (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 04:44:12 pm by TricMagic »

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

Delete
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 12:34:18 pm by flazeo25 »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Late Summer, Year 1
« Reply #214 on: April 12, 2021, 07:48:48 am »

Propose a Change in destination to the Norderland. If RTC agrees, that's 60%. Same if ER EEHC and AE/or new party agree.
Propose a Change in destination to the Warrick to set sail for the Norderland. Sand is set to plummet in price soon.
Agree in principle, but we need andrea's permission (only they and iridium know the way).

Quote from: Ship Contract
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Enterprise' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Nearsouthlands until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the Enterprise's cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Repairing the ship will be carried out through the use of a "repair fund". Owning shares obligates the owner to pay that percentage of the missing sum to fully repair the ship. Failure to pay into the "repair fund" will lead to those shares being auctioned off, and the money being put into the "repair fund". Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the Enterprise. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Enterprise to be in agreement.

- Aywanez Enterprises - 2 Guineas
- Random Trading Company - 3 Guineas
- Emerald Robin EEHC - 2 Guineas
- Bathtub Corsairs - 3 Guineas

The ship is fully funded, pending a destination change.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@TricMagic
Remember Nordeland is part of exclusives so unless Blue Fish Enterprise or Sharky's financial service, create a ship to sail there or give out permission to use it then no one can go there yet.
... Sharks, lassie faire. Unless you have ships to send yourselves, hoarding the charts does no good.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@TricMagic
Remember Nordeland is part of exclusives so unless Blue Fish Enterprise or Sharky's financial service, create a ship to sail there or give out permission to use it then no one can go there yet.
... Sharks, lassie faire. Unless you have ships to send yourselves, hoarding the charts does no good.
Andrea mentioned elsewhere that he will have an offer for chart rentals up later today (when he's off work), FYI. At least, I assume that you are asking Andrea what he's charging for chart access.

PS: Lassie Faire is Scottish for pretty girl.
Long Live United Forenia!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hua... I'm just going to save my stuff then for when a new opportunity arises. Well, maybe not, might as well.

Nuke, who would I talk to about an expensive trinket, making a hot sand tub?

Also, all investors should Protest Sharky for holding the charts for ransom. That way the Crown is likely to interfere and we don't have to pay for them. (We are the Bathtub Corsairs. It had better be a reasonable fee.)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 08:15:17 am by TricMagic »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

LOT1BID: 1.15 Guineas

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

LOT1BID: 1.2 Guineas

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

LOT1BID: 1.25 Guineas
I’ve got over 3 Guineas and am willing to go all the way for this prize
Don’t try it Anakin

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Also, all investors should Protest Sharky for holding the charts for ransom. That way the Crown is likely to interfere and we don't have to pay for them. (We are the Bathtub Corsairs. It had better be a reasonable fee.)

Why would I protest? I have entrusted Sharky Financial Services with my investment with the proviso that they produce results. Expecting financial compensation in exchange for usage of assets is perfectly within their remit.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

You've loaned them money, not invested it. You're not actually getting any more money if SFS does better. Your share won't change as long as they don't go bankrupt.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

LOT1BID: 1.3 Guineas

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile

Deleted and reposted further down.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 10:45:18 am by TheFantasticMsFox »

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 71