Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 97

Author Topic: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 82943 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile

o-o

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And why was the mansion a better use of your day action than shooting Luckyowl?
I figured I should at least give Lucky a chance to participate fully. Killing them in the middle of Day 1 wouldn't give them any chance to develop their mafia skills.

As for what the mansion does, I'm not commenting on that.

[...]

Reasons.

One of them being I wanted to use it to create conversation fuel.

OK, so you managed to draw a lot of attention to yourself. Who's scum?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hmph. this is it for now. will wait for responses, rinse and repeat.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

I didn't make the mansion or the countdown, my action is non-significant. However, if someone needs a night action...tell me. Jim going crazy after FOU is suspicious to me. There are going to be many actions so why was it suspicious, jim groovester? People on my scumlist are luckyowl/Jim/NQT. In that order. FOU is also bit sus but we can see after what the mansion does helps us or harms us. Reverie, what is your read on Jim/NQT.I am not 3rd party.(wouldn't claim even if i were)

You have completely missed the point of why I suspect FallacyofUrist and I am honestly not sure what you think my reasons are.

It's not because he did the mansion, it's because he did the mansion in lieu of living up to his daykill threat on Luckyowl. FallacyofUrist threatened to daykill Luckyowl, but before he could even see if his threat on Luckyowl bore any fruit (Luckyowl hasn't posted since yesterday), but after people called him out on his threat, he did his mansion action.

He did this saying he wanted to give Luckyowl a chance, and that he cares about developing Luckyowl's skills because ?????????, but he could have done the same thing arguably more effectively with the daykill threat.

None of FallacyUrist's actions make sense from a town perspective, but they make a lot of sense as a scum to scum interaction. Scum FallacyofUrist finds scum Luckyowl's behavior scummy, so he comments on it with an ultimately toothless threat. When he gets called out on it he creates a situation where he no longer has the ability to live up to his toothless threat.

If either of FallacyofUrist or Luckyowl flip scum them the other is definitely scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm... fair enough. But I don't think daykill threat would have done anything anyway. It felt quite fake enough. But I do agree with vector's points and I think we could lynch one of NQT/lucky today.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

I don't think the daykill threat would have done anything either, because Luckyowl moves for no man, but that's besides the point.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Humble abode doesn't sound anything wrong to me. FOU, could you explain it if it doesn't waste your plan or smt?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I didn't make the mansion or the countdown, my action is non-significant. However, if someone needs a night action...tell me. Jim going crazy after FOU is suspicious to me. There are going to be many actions so why was it suspicious, jim groovester? People on my scumlist are luckyowl/Jim/NQT. In that order. FOU is also bit sus but we can see after what the mansion does helps us or harms us. Reverie, what is your read on Jim/NQT.I am not 3rd party.(wouldn't claim even if i were)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Fucked up my post there. :P

If we believe you then I think it's pretty safe to say our countdown sneak used the opportunity to put suspicion on you.

@toonyman: say on what? Vector is here now so we'll soon get smt on him. But it feels like townish so far.
I wanted to know if you would claim the countdown or try to take credit for the mansion instead.

Anybody want to claim the countdown?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The countdown was probably just flavour. And I doubt anyone will claim that but maybe luckyowl as they haven't posted after that yet.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The countdown was probably just flavour. And I doubt anyone will claim that but maybe luckyowl as they haven't posted after that yet.

I think you're lying.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

FallacyofUrist, start talking about the house. I buy no more of that "conversation piece" bullcrap.

Finally: I really fucking hate all of the rolefishing about who has auto abilities good night abilities sweet role blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. It's undisciplined and distracts from the daygame. Do a better job of that first plx kthkx.
Say you hate role fishing right after fishing for info on my role.

Humble abode doesn't sound anything wrong to me. FOU, could you explain it if it doesn't waste your plan or smt?
The house was intended to generate conversation. It also does other things which I may or may not explain at a later time. You may assume the other things benefit me.

The countdown was probably just flavour.
my action is non-significant

Yeah no, I don't like this. Secretdorf.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 97