Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Zelda: Shipwrecked [1st Hour of Morning, Day 3: Victory Jingle]  (Read 9144 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked in the Wild [Recruiting!]
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2021, 08:55:06 pm »

Hey, are there still slots open?
I should probably say no but I'm gonna say yes.
Aw right! I have an idea, so I'm gonna rush the sheet, before you have a chance to change your mind, but thanks. :)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2021, 09:12:17 pm »

Speaking of rushing, is there any idea of when we're gonna get started? :D

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2021, 09:19:06 pm »

In theory? A matter of hours. :3
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2021, 10:36:19 pm »

There, hopefully that didn't take too long.
The Cyan Menace

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2021, 11:40:16 pm »

By the way, I have a Discord for forum games. I can set up a channel for this there if you guys think it would be helpful.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2021, 03:38:01 am »

1st Hour of Morning, Day 1

Reed (top image)
You awaken atop some rather uncomfortable rocks, the sea crashing around them below. The clear waters stretch in one direction, while a great deal of sand stretches in the other. You notice a great deal of motion beneath the waves in one spot- likely good materials if you were in a harvesting mood and had a boat.

It doesn't take you long to find someone else out here- Kizurin, the gerudo chef. She's powerfully built and her black leather outfit is rather imposing, looking very much like a stereotypical pirate captain. The only thing missing is the hat, which she replaces with a pink bandana... though the equally pink apron with KISS THE COOK embroidered on it is probably also not typical captain garb.

Perception: [6][5]+4 = 15

You've also heard the crew refer to her as "Captain Kissy" a few times, though never intentionally within earshot of passengers. Rumor among some of you was that she's the real captain, and the moblin 'captain' is just a figurehead.

Regardless, she's pleased to see another living soul and displeased that there's no sign of anyone else. She scowls, glancing down one side of the beach and then the other.

"You're a sage, right? Know anything about where the others washed up?"

Archeologist and Arquen (Middle Image)
Archeologist comes to atop a rocky outcropping. Wow! They have these coming out of water, too! You're mostly familiar with the ones jutting from lava. There's a lot of sand and water around, and in the distance you can make out a heavily armored hylian shaking sand out of his boots (which are fascinating, by the way).

Arquen picks himself off the ground to discover he's on a beach. Something glows beneath the water out there, which probably means it's valuable or something if you're a fish. A rocky outcropping interrupts the beach in the opposite direction, atop which a small shape bobs around energetically. Probably that small robed figure that liked to poke every single thing on the ship.

Neither of you sees anyone else.

Isha Shadesparrow (Bottom Image, Red Dot)
You find yourself in thoroughly inadequate accommodations, that being sprawled out on a sandy beach. You're in good company, at least- this spot appears to have been popular for depositing lesser pirates, and you soon finds herself in a gaggle of corsairs (the fancy ones) and scallywags (the not fancy ones). A distant patch of rocks contains what appears to be another gang of corsairs, who immediately begin making their way towards you. It'll be a while before they reach you, though.

The other direction contains two shiny objects. The first is a golden ball that's probably Bloop Bloop Bloop, the ship's octorok treasurer. Not a talking octorok, mind, just regular seafood in charge of the coffers. Still, it may have been well hired- it bobs up and down in a clearly 'this way!' fashion before shuffling in the opposite direction, presumably having found something and wanting everyone to reach it.

Perception: [5][2]+3 = 10

The other shiny is a gentle glimmer beneath the sea- and if you listen carefully, a barely audible hum along with it. Most likely there's singing pearls or something down there, if you had a way to reach them.

One of the corsairs- a scarred hylian- nudges you. "Should we get movin' right along or wait fer the others?"

Solun (Bottom Image, Green Dot)
You find yourself washed ashore with ample company. Cap'n Longsnout, a tall, wiry moblin with a snout that droops at the end like a tapir, and several of his scallywags (the lowest ranking pirates on the vessel) are in the general vicinity and gradually stagger over. You don't know much about moblins- who does, really?- and you don't know much about captains either, so it's hard for you to get a good read on him.

Insight: [2][3]+1 = 6

So you don't. Problem solved!

"We'll need to find the rest of the crew," he rumbles, more to his pirates than you. "And it looks like Treasurer Bloop Bloop Bloop is on the job!"

There is indeed a gold thing wobbling around and moving towards you in the distance. You're not sure what that has to do with finding any of the crew beyond himself, but you guess that's the captain's job. What's a bit strange is that there's figures in the opposite direction as well- what you think is one of the sheikahs and what is definitely Salty Pete, the ship's zora carpenter.

The lesser pirates hoist a chunk of driftwood into position for the captain to sit on. They appear to be settling in to wait for the others.

Fenil Vys (Bottom Image, Yellow Dot)
You're alive and unharmed, naturally. You are somewhat lost, however- not only in the geographic sense, but in having misplaced most of your traveling companions. There's the grizzled zora carpenter nearby, and in the distance you can make out the rather distinctive silhouette of the moblin captain. The opposite direction holds that giant zora knight and a few other shapes. No sign of anyone else.

"Quickly lass, we'll want to rendezvous with the cap'n," the zora says before hobbling off in the moblin's direction.

Insight: [2][5]+1 = 8

'Salty Pete' is obviously a veteran seaman, with an eyepatch and bum leg to prove it. You have no particular impressions of him otherwise, particularly now that his primary job has sunk beneath the waves.

Inade, Nameless Knight
The two of you wake up on a sandy beach, with no real clues as to where you are. Fortunately it's a well inhabited beach- nearby the ship's kokiri sage is also stumbling to his feet. Further down the beach, the distinctive forms of Salty Pete and one of the sheikahs is visible- with the zora apparently limping away from you. Down the other side, you catch sight of what must be Gummy, the lizalfos surgeon, and Diamond Glee, a fairy smuggler.

"Oh hrm hrm yes," the kokiri intones in a rather fake old man voice, stroking his rather fake old man beard. His totally-not-fake name is apparently Nakariasumoras the Infathomable. "Salty Pete is truly wise, perhaps we should wait for the others and then follow his sound lead. Hrm hrm yes yes."

Inade Insight: [5][2]+1 = 8
Nameless Insight: [3][1]+1 = 5

Inade notes that he's kept this charade up even with another kokiri mage on board, which is a bit odd. Well, a bit odd-er than doing so in the first place.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked in the Wild [1st Hour of Morning, Day 1]
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2021, 04:12:41 am »

Reed hums as he looks around, taking in the sand, the waves, and what he remembers of the storm. "Not really, sorry." He apologies after a moment of thought. "They're probably not too far away, We didn't really have enough time after the ship broke up to be spread too far apart... I think, but there's not enough datapoints to make a predictive estim-, ah, let me restate that. With the current amount of information there's not enough to make a good guess for where anyone else is besides 'somewhere along this beach'."

Reed frowns after a moment and then adds in a lower voice "I hope Echoes is ok..."

Spoiler: Roll (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 05:28:14 am by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2021, 04:55:52 am »

Fenil nods to the zora carpenter.

"Yes.  Just a moment, I'm going to send up a flare to signal anyone farther out."

Shoot a fireball directly upwards (don't use any weapon).  It only has eight tiles of range, but should be fairly bright at least?  Someone sharp-eyed might notice it.  Then, follow the carpenter, using the staff as a walking stick.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2021, 05:25:28 am »

Isha removes he glasses and wipes them off to remove some residual sand and seawater. It's certainly a good thing that key items can be accidentally dropped!
"W-why are you asking me? Why not ask someone more important, like, um..."
She looks over her shoulder. Then she looks over her other shoulder. Apparently she's the most competent person around? Huh, weird.

"Um, right, as I was saying, let's get moving. You know, just like they say, 'the best time to start running away is before you know you have to!' It means that, um, there's no excuse to stand around just because you've got nothing better to do! Right!"
She elects to throw in a smile after that, hoping to convince the various gathered ne'er-do-wells that she's confident in her leadership abilities.

Follow that octorock! Sure, this is usually regarded as a poor tactical move, but it being a friendly octorock helps a lot.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2021, 12:19:59 pm »

"Oh wow, I didn't realize boats could break like that. Is this what surface sand is like? It's yellower than I expected, usually the sand I find is black. May I try on your boots?"

Archeologist climbs down the rocks, swims across the water, and runs up to Arqueen.

"Wow that was wet. Is water always that wet? It's cold too. Were you on the boat too? I think I saw you there, but I don't really remember. Are your pants made of metal?"

The Cyan Menace

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2021, 02:27:31 pm »

"Heh, never thought I'd wind up stranded on another one of these damn islands. Well, Nakariasumoras, you can wait here for Salty Pete if you'd like, but I'm going to see if I can catch up with him. First step to gathering all the survivors together. How about you, Sir Rito? You want to see about gathering Gummy and the others that way?"
Head down the beach to catch up with Salty Pete. Can't be too hard to catch, with the limp.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 02:30:30 pm by Remalle »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2021, 06:11:03 pm »

Reed hums as he looks around, taking in the sand, the waves, and what he remembers of the storm. "Not really, sorry." He apologies after a moment of thought. "They're probably not too far away, We didn't really have enough time after the ship broke up to be spread too far apart... I think, but there's not enough datapoints to make a predictive estim-, ah, let me restate that. With the current amount of information there's not enough to make a good guess for where anyone else is besides 'somewhere along this beach'."

Reed frowns after a moment and then adds in a lower voice "I hope Echoes is ok..."
Kizurin grumbles, looking around the ground. She locates a flat shell, flips it, and declares "right it is." That's apparently facing towards the sea, because she starts trudging along the beach with the ocean to her left.

Fenil nods to the zora carpenter.

"Yes.  Just a moment, I'm going to send up a flare to signal anyone farther out."

Shoot a fireball directly upwards (don't use any weapon).  It only has eight tiles of range, but should be fairly bright at least?  Someone sharp-eyed might notice it.  Then, follow the carpenter, using the staff as a walking stick.
You hurl fire a modest distance into the sky. It'd probably be more effective if it exploded at the end of its range rather than fading out, but that's what you have to work with.

Solun, Inade, and the Rito Knight notice a distant plume of fire over the sheikah and Salty Pete. In Solun's case, he also notices the captain rise and squint at it. He seems to conclude it's nothing worth acting over, but still paces a bit rather than sitting back down.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2021, 06:36:41 pm »

Kizurin grumbles, looking around the ground. She locates a flat shell, flips it, and declares "right it is." That's apparently facing towards the sea, because she starts trudging along the beach with the ocean to her left.
Reed nods and follows the cook. "As right a choice as any other."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2021, 09:43:00 pm »

Yes water is always wet, yes I was on the boat, and yes I am wearing armor. Now then, if you don't mind...

Arquen heads for the nearest high point that might be good for spotting groups of our fellow travelers.

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2021, 11:29:21 pm »

Solun looks around - people up and down the coast, all seemingly making their way to their position. And this was where the captain was, so why not?
But not everyone had to land on this coast. And that fire bolt certainly caught his attention... he had an idea.
We don't necessarily need to find the crew if they can find us. Let's make a bonfire. The wet wood should make a lot of smoke and steam, and it'll make us visible for a long ways around.

Spoiler: Solun the Craftsman (click to show/hide)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10