Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Zelda: Shipwrecked [1st Hour of Morning, Day 3: Victory Jingle]  (Read 9137 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked in the Wild [1st Hour of Afternoon, Day 1]
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2021, 10:27:57 pm »

Fenil stands up quickly when the captain finishes, looking down at Isha disapprovingly.

"Up, Isha.  We're going to accompany the captain inland."

Yep, follow the captain inland.  Keep count of how many other passengers come with us.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2021, 06:58:33 am »

Reed watches the Pirates uh, crew start to go off and blinks a bit before glancing at the people who've not left yet. "So, should we go with them and see if they actually find anyone living around here? Because 'Punch' sounds like, well, that could have an extremely negative reaction? Or we could just look for mussels to cook I guess."

Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2021, 11:20:41 am »

Isha glances up at Fenil for just a moment before looking back at the fire.
"Yes, ma'am."
She takes off her pack and sifts around inside of it for a moment, taking out a dagger in its sheath.

Proceed inland.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked in the Wild [3rd Hour of Morning, Day 1]
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2021, 01:21:52 pm »

"Off we go then! Worry not, short ones, I'll protect you from anything that may come!"
Find more survivors!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked in the Wild [Recruiting!]
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2021, 02:25:01 pm »

"Hey that rock is a different color. Are surface rocks always this colorful? Are you sure I still can't try on your boots?"

Continue with Arquen in the same direction.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2021, 02:45:59 pm »

And so Reed, entirely ignored, decides he might as well follow everyone else.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 12:50:03 am by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2021, 11:13:35 am »

Just keep going. Don't really have another option at the moment. Continue looking around for anything of interest.

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2021, 12:06:54 am »

Solun looks at the captain, eyes narrowed a bit, before turning back and shaking his head. He mumbles a bit to himself, under his breath.
Brute. Violence doesn't have to be the answer. It's probably a waste of energy right now, besides. Assuming we even find any natives, do we not have anybody with the mental capacity to say, "hey, our fucking ship broke and we need some help real quick"? But no, let's just bash in the heads of anybody who has something we might want.

He catches the eye of the little kid with the staff - an arcanist, maybe? - and makes his way to their side, laying a hand on their shoulder, awkward as the height difference may make it.
Let's see if we can stop them from doing something too stupid, aye?

Spoiler: Solun the Craftsman (click to show/hide)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2021, 07:09:03 pm »

1st Hour of Night, Day 1

Spoiler: Current Map (click to show/hide)

Yellow Group
Arquen and Archeologist only have to trudge for another hour before seeing another group on the horizon. Upon approaching, they discover it's Diamond Glee, the ship's fairy, and a gaggle of rank and file pirates.

"There you are," the fairy says from behind a tiny cigar. "Don't suppose you saw Doron back that way?"

Upon explaining that you have not, she curses (assuming "dewberries" in a foul tone is indeed a fairy curse) and concludes that he probably wouldn't be further down that way than you've been. She then says almost the entire rest of the passengers and crew have assembled on the beach further down, and offers to lead you to them.

Upon arriving at empty beach and heading inland, she irritably explains that they didn't stay there, but struck inland to find shelter and food. She reassures you that she knows how to follow the captain.

Red Group
As you head inland, you soon run into a wide expanse of shallow, rocky water- effectively a giant stretch of tidepools. The captain opts to go around, checking out some strange activity which turns out to be some kind of sand-dwelling magic bees. Reed notes that they are most likely Thoughtful ingredients for potionmaking, granting temporary MP if so desired. Not long after, you stumble over some blue mushrooms that appear to have a similar effect when cooked. Reed isn't able to determine whether that's coincidence or a sign of interesting local conditions.

Salty Pete appears even more agitated than usual, noting that beaches usually don't stretch for hours inland. He insists there should have been trees by now, and is none too pleased by whatever their absence implies.

Everyone
After eight more hours of trudging, the sun finally sets on your first day on this island. To nobody's great surprise, ravening undead crabs immediately rise to feast upon the living. In each group, the pirates naturally gravitate towards fighting together, leaving the passengers to handle a different group of foes.

Red Group
Spoiler: Red Battlemap (click to show/hide)
Crab husks boil from the sand in all directions, screeching in eerie tones and shambling towards you. Aside from a great swarming mass of smaller specimens, you count two heavily armored shambling crustaceans, one with long rending claws, and one which sloshes with water held in its empty shell.

Yellow Group
Spoiler: Yellow Battlemap (click to show/hide)
A pair of crab husks rise to challenge you. One seems to hold water in its shell and bubbles emerge from its maw, while the other is heavily armored.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked in the Wild [1st Hour of Night, Day 1]
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2021, 10:54:02 pm »

"Please stay close.  I can put up weak barriers once they get nearer.  For now, a test to see how intelligent these undead are."

Fenil taps her staff against the ground, causing dark brambles to sprout in a line in front of the lower left swarm.  Red tiles in the below spoiler are targeted.

Also, move one space left and one space down.  I believe this should put me in range 8 of all the brambles.

Spoiler: Targeted (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2021, 11:11:51 pm »

Isha tries to get a read on the crab swarms and the shamblers. She soon realizes everything there is to know about the swarms, and almost everything about the heavily armored shamblers.

Spoiler: Swarm Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shambler Information (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2021, 12:17:12 am »

Move southwest twice. Try to hide behind Inade from the two crabs west.

Isha puts a hand on Inade's shoulder and whispers: "Defender will attack, draw attention. I'll sneak past and hit the more dangerous one."

« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 01:11:05 am by Egan_BW »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2021, 11:12:33 am »

"Got it, I think. Don't worry, nothing will get past me!"
Inade gives a hearty battle cry, clashing their spear and shield together, before settling into a defensive stance to fend off the attacking crabs.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2021, 07:58:32 pm »

Reed's nose wrinkles "Ugh, here's my least favorite part about leaving the forest." He complains as he changes his hold on his Scholar's Stave from the hold used for walking with to the hold used for fighting with. "Dead bodies should stay dead, right Echoe-... I forgot, you're not here."

And so said, Reed swings his stave forwards, unleashing a magic salvo of black outlined green bolts at the large 'Soaking' crab monster that is both below and two spaces to the right of his current position.

Forenia Forever!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked in the Wild [Recruiting!]
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2021, 08:21:41 pm »

"Oh, you can follow him? Are you a tracker? Trackers are rare underground, no footprints on rock. Arquen, should we follow her to the captain, or wait for this Doron person? What a funny name, Doron. Do you suppose they're a goron? Those are rare underground too, but I met one once."

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10