Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 84306 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 3 brings dwindled numbers
« Reply #1380 on: March 06, 2021, 12:00:23 am »

The Dark Magus has a revive. We have CONFIRMED scum. If we remove them, the Dark Magus cannot use their abilities and kill.

By killing the converts, you remove the Dark Magus' abilities.

Am I lost here?
The Dark Magus gets one more night of using abilities. Exactly one, of which they will use exactly their supersaint ability on the other outed wolf.

And apparently that fact is driving Persus into a frenzy despite the math still screwing over the magus.
Exactly! It doesn't matter. Honestly, the only person that it puts at risk is YOU. We literally only gain from it. Vector will be confirmed, ToonyMan probably dies Tonight. If IcyTea31 claims an action role, we can confirm it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: March 06, 2021, 12:02:13 am »

Persus is right on that front. A dead Dark Magus can't do anything that night they're dead. So Lucky and Blue would be a spent Priest and a...scum Dreamwalker? They'd only be able to faction-kill one person and the Dark Magus wouldn't be able to use any of their abilities at night, pretty sure right Persus? You were in this exact scenario.
Yeah, I was dead until the morning after and Toaster just had the factionkill.
You're right I checked:
Persus13   

Your spirit reawakens after spending a while resting in the pocket dimension you reserved for you soul in case of your death. With a sparking of power you reform, your body coalescing within your house.

You look regretfully over at the shattered Obsidian totem that served as the receptacle of your soul. It was expensive to make, and it will take some time to procure another. But it seems it was a wise investment.

You look out at the rising sun. The Ritual will summon you again, and this time the fools of this town know who and what you are. You will need to be clever to avoid the Mark of Justice a second time.

The Dark Magus has a revive. We have CONFIRMED scum. If we remove them, the Dark Magus cannot use their abilities and kill.
By killing the converts, you remove the Dark Magus' abilities.
Am I lost here?
Killing the converts only remove the Dark Magus abilities if there's only one convert because the Dark Magus has to do the factionkill. When there's two converts, they're still in play.
This is very true.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: March 06, 2021, 12:02:29 am »

Also Lucky why aren't you voting blu if you think he's an SK?

SK is an important chop here because they can swing the game against the town hard if they miss scum with their kills.

Because I'm 100% sure Vector is scum.
And presumably you're also 100% sure that Blue is an SK. Getting rid of the SK right now is more important than a wolf because SK+wolf = potentially two dead townies and a massive scumsided swing.

I'm pretty sure the Dark Magus cannot use any of their abilities while dead during the night. They only come back the start of the next Day. The converts would only be able to use the faction kill. Why is this hard to understand?
You're correct, but what's so hard to understand about "the Dark magus' abilities are actually just awful and will have zero impact on the game regardless of how many they use."

Literally the only useful ones at this point are the remaining roleblock and the supersaint. The supersaint will be used tonight. After that they can no longer use their abilities because both their buddies are dead. They go into D5 1 v 4. That's just straight up game over in such a mechanically heavy game where they're bound to be outed by then.

I'm pretty calm here, actually. You seem to be the one agitated here.
Uhh... yeah?

Because if you're wrong you're going to get me killed over some fucking asinine "oh we can't possibly let the Dark Magus get off one more of their useless actions" shit because if you're wrong, blue is an SK who knows they can't win and likely spite-kills me tonight for calling them out. And I'd rather not lose because the town wanted to fuck around and try and find the magus for no mechanical advantage.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: March 06, 2021, 12:04:00 am »

Uhh... yeah?

Because if you're wrong you're going to get me killed over some fucking asinine "oh we can't possibly let the Dark Magus get off one more of their useless actions" shit because if you're wrong, blue is an SK who knows they can't win and likely spite-kills me tonight for calling them out. And I'd rather not lose because the town wanted to fuck around and try and find the magus for no mechanical advantage.
Technically, this is really more of a you problem.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: March 06, 2021, 12:04:16 am »

You're acting like Toaster did yesterday.

Today presents a choice: Either eliminate the outed anti-town player and go chop chop chop on the next in line after, or potentially throw the game digging for a player who ISN'T outed.

Up to you, really, but I'm going to be very disappointed if you throw with the game on a silver platter.

Uhh... yeah?

Technically, this is really more of a you problem.
I mean you're not wrong.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: March 06, 2021, 12:05:06 am »

Yeah screw off claimed survivor.

I'm pretty sure Blue is just scum and claiming the kill Lucky performed. There's no SK so don't worry I'll be dead tonight not you 4mask.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: March 06, 2021, 12:06:19 am »

Yeah screw off claimed survivor.

I'm pretty sure Blue is just scum and claiming the kill Lucky performed. There's no SK so don't worry I'll be dead tonight not you 4mask.
Hopefully.

But you guys are still proposing going randomly hunting for the Dark Magus, the only NON outed member of the scumteam, on the off chance you hit them and prevent them from getting off a single action, rather than just chopping the outed players and letting the magus get off a single one of their useless actions.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: March 06, 2021, 12:06:56 am »

So you don't have a problem with losing when we lynch Lucky or Blue tomorrow and that randomly kills you. Because that's more likely at this point.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: March 06, 2021, 12:07:13 am »

How about I promise to protect you tonight? Will that make you willing to hunt the Dark Magus?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: March 06, 2021, 12:07:41 am »

Okay, here's the only problem with your scenario, Persus: It's either TricMagic, IcyTea31, or Caz.

So, we have to determine which of these three is the Dark Magus. It's a 33% chance to hit.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: March 06, 2021, 12:09:06 am »

I mean I'm cool with lynching Blue and then dealing with Magus bullshit tomorrow, but might as well figure out which of the three is the Dark Magus while we're here right?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: March 06, 2021, 12:11:19 am »

Okay, here's the only problem with your scenario, Persus: It's either TricMagic, IcyTea31, or Caz.

So, we have to determine which of these three is the Dark Magus. It's a 33% chance to hit.
Never tell me the odds!

Okay, I'll stop riling up 4mask. I forgot Caz was still alive, to be honest. I'm reasonably confident its IcyTea, but I'd be happy to jump to Blu or Lucky if we need to.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: March 06, 2021, 12:11:51 am »

I mean I'm cool with lynching Blue and then dealing with Magus bullshit tomorrow, but might as well figure out which of the three is the Dark Magus while we're here right?
I'm okay with this. I think that's the point.

Caz has the potential to prove themselves with three of us with actions, so they have things that could prove themselves.
TricMagic is... difficult to understand, but they've been going ham on Caz.
IcyTea31 hasn't been here, hasn't claimed anything, and also is probably the Dark Magus.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: March 06, 2021, 12:12:42 am »

So you don't have a problem with losing when we lynch Lucky or Blue tomorrow and that randomly kills you. Because that's more likely at this point.
I disagree. You're harping on flavor and I understand where you're coming from, but we only have a single demon kill on record so you can't actually know for sure what the full range of demon flavor is (look at devil and ghoul flavor, it comes in many varieties). And it doesn't even match devil kills fully, devil kills don't muck about with fancy things like tearing out people's hearts. \While I think some of the things said there have wolf equity, other things said there have hella SK equity (literally explaining his thoughts that he thought Toaster was the converter) and I'm more willing to risk being randomly offed by rune of calamity than I am the (in my mind) much more likely chance that blue is just an SK.

How about I promise to protect you tonight? Will that make you willing to hunt the Dark Magus?
I'm fine hunting for them but until Icy claims there's not much to really go on, and even once Icy claims... eh? It's basically between whatever Icy's claim is and two players who've essentially claimed no action, not much to go on mechanically and all of them have decent Dark Magus equity.

Like, unless it's literally Icy and he botches a fakeclaim too, there's no way we know for sure today.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: March 06, 2021, 12:18:19 am »

For the record the if the wolf team is Blue/Lucky/X then the wolf team gets the same number of kills no matter who we hit first. Two kills plus rune of calamity if we go non-magus first, three kills if we go magus first. In many ways it's actually more efficient to go with the first option because one of those kills is outside wolf control and they don't get to kill who they want: it could easily land on one of the other people who are possible for X and clear them from the list.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 115