Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: OOC - Fear No Gods | A Low Fantasy Succession Game  (Read 3368 times)

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: OOC - Fear No Gods | A Low Fantasy Succession Game
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2021, 05:53:45 pm »

Can I join the list

Absolutely ! You’re added.

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2021, 07:53:15 am »

Friendly reminder to Sketchykeeps that you have up to next Wednesday to post your character sheet!

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2021, 08:08:32 pm »

Since it's been a week, and FakerFanGirl has given no sign of activity, the turn now passes to Sketchykeeps. You have up to next wednesday to post your character. Good luck !

Last Active: March 2, 2021...

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2021, 12:52:38 pm »

So assuming Sketchykeeps stays sketchy, I'm queued to get tapped shortly.  Thing is, my schedule is looking kinda busy this week.  For the sake of not delaying this game any further than it already has been, I'm going to get my writing in now.  I should be able to copy & paste this to the IC thread then, but if not, here it is.

Avatar: Gaunt and lacking facial hair.
Name: Phineus Starwatcher
Age when becoming leader: 19
Religion: The Goddess of the Mountain Waters (see Goal)
Leadership Style: Not the traditional "type A" leader, but instead pensive and almost detached.  Personally oversees his pet projects, but delegates duties unless there's an immediate need.
Leader Personality: Not as fascinated by politics and warfare as his predecessors, but instead improving the livelihood of his tribe through exploration and domestic development.

Biography : The youngest brother of Chief Matamata, Phineus was an unlikely choice for leadership.  Unlike his elders, he never became a war hero; for he was merely a babe during Matamata's ruthless eradication of the Itnovini.  Alas, the war changed many of his brothers.  Some developed an insatiable bloodlust, while some others withdrew from their noble obligations as they were plagued at night by screaming nightmares.  One remaining heir even left to reside with his bride's tribe, knowing it would be the only way he'd ever get out of the great Matamata's shadow.  As the drought came, the Council debated moving on from the lineage of the Starwatcher clan.  But in times like these, dynastic upheaval was the last thing the tribe needed.  At least he has some interesting ideas regarding the drought.  Phineus may not be the leader the tribe deserves, but he's the one they need.

Goals:

Feed from the Rivers:  The water levels of the rivers may be low due to the drought, but that just means the bottom is easier the reach.  Many so-called 'shellfish' should be more easily exposed.  While unappetizing, their flesh is likely edible when properly prepared.  (OOC: "He was a bold man that first ate an oyster!" Though this should also include crabs and crayfish, that will prove surprisingly tasty.)  Furthermore, we shall further refine our fishing techniques to catch more fish in this time of need.

Bounty of the New Lands:  After the eradication of the Itnovini, we and the Vaulkelgern have acquired unfamiliar lands.  While not entirely alien to us, we've already seen some new plants and animals in these areas.  Given the drought, we must cooperate with the Vaulkelgern to understand these lands even better than the cursed Itnovini did.  It behooves us to identify what plants and animals are edible here, and how to best locate and harvest them.

Prospect the Mountains:  While we have traditionally focused on the verdant, the stony mountains call to us as well.  Expeditions shall be launched to survey the mountains in search of peculiar minerals.  Many will likely have value due to aesthetics. (OOC: Gold, silver, gems, etc).  Others may prove more industrious with further innovation. (OOC: I'm assuming our recently settled hunter-gatherers don't know metal refining and general smithing.  Obsidian or meteoric iron require no refining, but high luck to find.  Copper, lead, and tin ores should be common enough out there, but would require some additional impetus to figure out.  ...see next goal.)

The Chief's Craftsmen:  Our most famed ancestors often spent day in and day out, hunting and gathering.  Others were tied down with cooking and child rearing.  Somehow, we still found time to get some handicraft in there.  It remains a great collaborative endeavor to build a new shelter.  But the promise of agriculture and ever-growing riverine commerce is pushing more and more of us beyond mere subsistence.  Freed from this burden, imagine what a true 'craftsman' can accomplish?  Phineus shall personally judge an annual Chief's Craftsmen contest.  Tribesmen (and women) shall submit entries in two categories "Materials of Life" (wood, bone, hide, fur, horn, shell, feathers, plant fiber), and "Materials of the Mountains" (stone, gems, metals).  Chief Phineus shall purchase the winning entry of each category with a three-year food grant, so that they may further refine their craft.  (To encourage diversity, an individual craftsmen can only win once every ten years.)  Thus, not only will the Chief collect a treasury of masterworks to either heirloom or strategically gift, but he will foster cottage industries who will develop innovative quality crafts for domestic and foreign use.

The Shrine of the Goddess of the Mountain Waters:  Where do the rivers come from? The mountains.  To make the mountains restore the rivers, we must please the mountains.  At our sacred grove, we shall erect a shrine to the Goddess of the Mountain Waters.  Stone from the mountains will brought down for the shrine, and arranged & ornamented to please her.  (The Chief's Craftsmen should be of use here.)  Ceremonies will be performed at the shrine to curry Her favor.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 12:55:14 pm by ConscriptFive »

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2021, 03:35:32 am »

Good initiative. As you said, don't forget to put it in the IC channel once we hit Wednesday, if Sketchykeeps still hasn't posted his own.
(You assume right for metal smithing. It's basically all stone and bone)

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2021, 05:20:02 pm »

Rockeater, if you had not put the IC thread under watch, this is your turn for your character. Good luck.

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2021, 07:01:10 am »

Hi everyone. I’m not forgetting this game, just a busy week IRL. I will most probably run over the next week.
Apologize for the delay.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2021, 12:02:41 pm »

That's fine dude. It happens to us all, and we all understand that RL stuff comes first.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2021, 01:24:55 pm »

Those were... certainly rolls.

Also, don't worry about having to end early. So long as it's made clear when the game is over (rather than it just petering out with us just waiting for another update to hopefully eventually come through), I don't think anybody will have a problem with it. Real life comes first.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2021, 01:58:04 pm »

My characters roll worse before, most of what he tried went well
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2021, 07:15:52 pm »

Yeah, Aldemar’s rolls weren’t that bad (except the religious one). It’s mainly result of precedent rulers not addressing the issue, and now it’s blowing up in the worse moment, with religious warfare and massive migration incoming.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2021, 09:34:36 pm »

No, the problem is that doing and writing a turn take quite a long time (3 to 6 hours), and recent events in my IRL life considerably shrank my available time, so I have to make choices. So I'll clean my stuff and do the one or two things I want to put in the game before stopping it. If someone want to take the game over, I will be more than happy to give him the files and informations to continue the game!

I might be up for that?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2021, 05:32:56 am »

No, the problem is that doing and writing a turn take quite a long time (3 to 6 hours), and recent events in my IRL life considerably shrank my available time, so I have to make choices. So I'll clean my stuff and do the one or two things I want to put in the game before stopping it. If someone want to take the game over, I will be more than happy to give him the files and informations to continue the game!

I might be up for that?

Yeah sure ! We'll see this in PM.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2021, 04:50:36 pm »

...I did not realize I was the guy in line again. Whoops.
Give me a bit, please.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2021, 04:33:54 am »

Yeah no pressure.
I've sent to micelus the stuff needed for the game, he's reading it. I don't know his answer yet, if he wants to take the game now or if he wants me to do the Glass's post before.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4