Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Exquisite Cops and Robbers II - Final Night  (Read 11578 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Exquisite Cops and Robbers II - Day 1
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2021, 02:05:13 pm »

FOU: Is two mafia hammering and giving themselves up better than them not hammering?

Not really better for them, but certainly better for us - at least in this setup. 7 players, 2 mafia, 5 town. In my Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2, a larger setup with 12 players, juicebox's self-hammer was very beneficial for the mafia because they had more redundancy and it cut the day's conversation short. But here, there's only two mafia. If I want to get mathematical, the portion of the vote that is the hammer vote is lower. So the mafia have little to gain and much to lose from a self-hammer, in this setup.

This is assuming the absence of shenanigans abilities that make self-hammering beneficial.

IcyTea31: Am I mafia?
If not mafia, potential mafia-ally. That everyone has a third-party wincon in addition to the factional one changes the dynamic a lot. Will you be going for a double victory?
A double victory would be nice, but getting a single victory comes first. However in my case specifically, my secondary wincon is pretty town-friendly, so that makes things easier.

FallacyofUrist: How will you start the conversation with Secretdorf, TricMagic and Toaster?
When I feel like it. Or, really, when they say something worth noting. See below, as a matter of fact.

You guys get started early huh. We could just lynch both of you and be done with it.
Bruh. TricMagic.

It's more like you're getting started early.

Cry.

Actually, pending any other info, just assume it was town that was killed and work on that basis. That's correct innit?
I guess it would be. It's more likely to be town that's killed than mafia. However, what if someone claims to have performed the daykill based on an alignment inspect result at night? What then?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2021, 04:13:04 pm »

TricMagic:
RVS hasn't gotten off the ground so.. NQT, don't think I don't see you fishing. Or was that Icytea?

Sure it has; we know scum (you).  See, you've already forgotten your fake targets.

raises eyebrow

Should I show you my power early then? It's a one-shot, but kinda useful. The fact you happen to be pushing like that makes me think you're not playing to town wincon though.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2021, 05:27:23 pm »

TricMagic is Town and IcyTea31 is Mafia.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2021, 05:41:21 pm »

I thing I know how this power works* and so I know TricMagic and IcyTea are not on the same team. The announcement may be correct, but it might not be. If it's wrong then Tric is framing Icy for some reason. Tric why did you decide to trigger this?

--

Fallacy, what then? What then I weigh up how likely it is. Probably relatively unlikely a player would get both an inspect and a day kill in their role, but not completely impossible.

---

*I know for a fact that the mod has reworded powers, so I might not know it. Also maybe we're not supposed to claim outright. So let's say I maybe know the power.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2021, 06:16:46 pm »

I'm still waiting on GM when it comes to revealing info you know, given it's relevant to me.

Tomasque, what other proof due you have of that statement?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2021, 07:02:37 pm »

Wait... Toma is the GM, so what happened? I didn't actually do that.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2021, 07:09:22 pm »

Wasn't me. (I already used my one-shot, and at the start of the day, not right now)

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2021, 07:15:27 pm »

Wasn't me. (I already used my one-shot, and at the start of the day, not right now)
(Curious. I know I wrote one that would fit that, did anyone else though?)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2021, 07:23:36 pm »

As the great Tomasque would say:

THOU DOTH NOT SPEAK OF THINE SUBMISSIONS.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2021, 08:37:06 pm »

Wait... Toma is the GM, so what happened? I didn't actually do that.

Oh, yeah, sure, scumbucket.  Are we really supposed to believe that?

Who's your scumbuddy?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2021, 03:34:15 am »

Should I show you my power early then? It's a one-shot, but kinda useful. The fact you happen to be pushing like that makes me think you're not playing to town wincon though.
I didn't actually do that.

Wait, so what did you intend to do??

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2021, 05:21:57 am »

The fact you happen to be pushing like that makes me think you're not playing to town wincon though.
You're not explaining yourself sufficiently. You're pushing for things that would lose town the game if there's a slightest bit of error in them, without explaining why they are correct. Pushing against you to get you to talk more is certainly playing to the town wincon. So could you perhaps explain what you meant when you said this?
RVS hasn't gotten off the ground so.. NQT, don't think I don't see you fishing. Or was that Icytea?

I thing I know how this power works* and so I know TricMagic and IcyTea are not on the same team. The announcement may be correct, but it might not be. If it's wrong then Tric is framing Icy for some reason.
Interesting. I obviously know that the moderator post is false, but Tric's confused reaction to it makes me suspect a thunderdome wouldn't be the wisest move.

I checked back to setup, and I saw something that could have done that if changed a bit as well, possibly the same thing NQT mentioned. If it's that, I'd also reach this conclusion that Tric and I aren't on the same team. It's not a perfect match, though.

If we're looking for someone to claim that action, it wasn't me; I haven't used my day action yet, and it's a confirmable one once I do.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2021, 08:31:47 am »

Mine isn't really confirmed till the end of the day. If I decide to use it, given it's a one-shot. I'm kinda waffling on using it or keeping my options open..

And Toaster, that isn't something you can jump on. Why are you pushing for me so hard? My actions are daygame and if I use this one I can't use another. Target me tonight and see if you want.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2021, 09:59:20 am »

Sorry for being absent(busy RL). But, lets get to scumhunting...

Tric didn't use it because I did. :P At least one out of Tric and ICT is mafia. I am thinking Tric because of their jesterish play lately. But I'd like to see what everyone thinks.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2021, 09:59:54 am »

By helping you find scum. Would you have preferred if I'd only answered "yes" to your question of whether or not I like my role?[/quote]

Nah, I like the longer answers, they give more information.

There's novelty, yes, but a novel tool is still a tool.

grinch -.-

Not entirely. In those past games, you didn't post until you had the time to make a proper post, but in this one, you made a low-effort post while busy with real life. In other words, making an opening post, regardless of quality, was an urgent matter. This led me to believe you wanted to later look like you were more active this Day than you actually were, but based on how you've responded it now doesn't look like that's the case. That's why I asked again in different words, because the first answer neither fit my earlier thoughts nor was complete enough to satisfy me. So, really, why was it urgent to make your opening post early despite being too busy to make it into a good post?

not even bothering with this.

What's the correct amount of effort, then, if simply being honest about one's motivations is too much?

Putting effort into finding scum instead of posturing would be a start.

On what basis were you planning to build your case this Day?

I'll tell you when it happens ;) You don't plan a case and then stick it to someone. That's not scum hunting. That's a frame job.

Whoever blocked me last night, if you're town don't claim it otherwise you'd be a good night target. If you're scum, please tell me.

I got blocked too, interestingly. What do you make of this?

Caz, is this going to be a night or day game?

Every game's gotta be a daygame, otherwise you're just hoping you get lucky with actions. Mafia will always have the advantage in night, imo.

What's this about then? If we know now that Tric/Icy aren't on the same team either we should lynch between them or lynch outside that pair.

Tric is acting really weird, but someone else throwing up that action (I can't see why Tric would mention doing a 1-shot action then deny that they actioned it, when they could've just actioned it without that suspicion. Which leads me to believe the person who actioned this wants doubt to be cast on Tric.

Everyone:: How crazy is the idea of a win conditions mass claim, btw?

edit: ninja'd
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11