Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26

Author Topic: Skynet's Seduction [Resistance Victory]  (Read 20593 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Skynet's Seduction [Day 1 begins]
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2021, 02:24:15 pm »

So you're still a cyborg?
100% machine. Just very well disguised, unfortunately.

Vector seems oddly passive so far, though I'm keeping my pressure on Secretdorf for the moment.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2021, 02:29:32 pm »

Feels more like dissociation to me than pressure.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2021, 02:36:33 pm »

...come again? "Dissociation?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2021, 02:46:11 pm »

Fallacy is voting Secretdorf. Given I believe them to be scum in this situation, Fallacy claimed that he inspects as human to take heat away from Conner. NQT was voting them too, and unvoted once I claimed and said I was suspicious of them also being in with those two. It's a decent tactic if you pull it off, but I've been Miller twice already, and we just came out of that game I was one. His first post rings false, it's not a Miller Claim, it's a Human-inspect claim. Point being, Fallacy is Dead, capital D. Any role with that as part of it is either powerful enough to merit it or normal otherwise. Either way he's likely to either die, or be lynched later on cause Mafia left him alive. If he's mafia, he'll still be alive just fine. I'd propose he's more likely to be a Machine who can disguise themselves as Human and is a Bodyguard of sorts for Conner. If left alive our night actions won't work against the one he defends.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2021, 03:14:49 pm »

Fallacy is voting Secretdorf. Given I believe them to be scum in this situation, Fallacy claimed that he inspects as human to take heat away from Conner. NQT was voting them too, and unvoted once I claimed and said I was suspicious of them also being in with those two. It's a decent tactic if you pull it off, but I've been Miller twice already, and we just came out of that game I was one. His first post rings false, it's not a Miller Claim, it's a Human-inspect claim. Point being, Fallacy is Dead, capital D. Any role with that as part of it is either powerful enough to merit it or normal otherwise. Either way he's likely to either die, or be lynched later on cause Mafia left him alive. If he's mafia, he'll still be alive just fine. I'd propose he's more likely to be a Machine who can disguise themselves as Human and is a Bodyguard of sorts for Conner. If left alive our night actions won't work against the one he defends.

That's a lot of ifs. You're also assuming that town is the one with kill actions at night, when it would be more obvious to me that it would be scum with a nightkill...

Even if your argument is true, we are *still* better off lynching who we think is Sarah Connor instead. but as a different argument entirely, lynching those who appear human would be a good way to do that. The issue is, do we lynch a human just because they claimed? Even if it's not strictly a miller claim, it's close enough that they did the "townie thing" by claiming early. Lynching them due to that? Someone here is a massive hypocrite.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 07, 2021, 03:51:32 pm »

See, this is the sort of thing I was trying to get at earlier. Saying "I think we should lynch the miller claim" is one thing. I can maybe get behind lynching a miller claim, provided nothing scummier turns up. Saying "I don't think this is a miller claim, and therefore I don't trust it, and therefore we should lynch"... that's where the logic of the thing escapes me.

No, it's not strictly speaking a miller claim. It's still the claim of a town role with an inherently scummy Inspect result. For the purposes of lynch discussion, there's little difference.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 07, 2021, 05:21:44 pm »

I have another midterm on Monday so I'm hanging back a little.

Fuck all y'all.

1. Clarification: I don't need to take out resistance members, I need to take out Sarah Connor in order to end the resistance. Uh . . . if there's additional resistance members of some kind, they're irrelevant to my wincon. But the point is that my flavor is about ending resistance.

2. I'm a T-infinity (a machine, duh-doy) and for some reason my job is to "end fate." Specifically to prevent the destruction of Skynet and also to prevent the destruction of all sapient beings (cuz the Resistance is not going to stop killing once Skynet is down). But to do that, SC needs to be pew-pewed or seduced.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2021, 05:28:16 pm »

OK, and in order to do One Productive Thing today:

The reason why I want to flavor-claim is because I vaguely wonder if 1. There are multiple Sarah Connors (but only one is the, etc.) and
2. If we put together our heads maybe we will be able to understand more about the flavor situation, as
3. We can actually interact with flavor, indeed,
4. The problem is that too much information is created; and there are no downed mechs, so perhaps,
5. It would be possible to interact with the flavor in order to win the game in an alternative way, or
6. At the very least we can understand in a clearer way what we're likely to be facing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 07, 2021, 05:40:08 pm »

Skynet can we

Examine each other?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 07, 2021, 05:53:21 pm »

Okay, due to flavor interaction, I now consider Vector to be 95% town.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2021, 07:41:42 pm »

Go look around the Nightclub for evidence of Machine necessities needed for a Machine barkeep.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2021, 09:37:42 pm »

OK, that leaves Luckyowl and ,if he's not SC, FallacyofUrist as my top lynch targets.

Webadict : Claim your flavor, please.

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 07, 2021, 09:48:42 pm »

Skynet can we

Examine each other?

Each of you appear to be human beings. One looks like a bartender, another looks like a businessperson, a third looks like the local DJ...and the rest appear to be average customers. This should not be surprising. If you're a machine, you had to pretend to be a "native" to get to this place. If you're a human, you have to pretend to be a machine - and that meant pretending to be a "native".

Your disguises are able to fool the uninitiated "natives". However, if someone came from the future with the proper training, they may be able to inspect you and prove (or disprove) your machine origins. Even inspections may not work effectively, as the local DJ claimed. But even unreliable information is better than no information.

Go look around the Nightclub for evidence of Machine necessities needed for a Machine barkeep.

You are able to find a backroom that simulates human necessities, but has a switch that can convert into a 'machine depot' that handles machine necessities. So a robotic bartender was present in this building. Of course, machines know that evidence can be deceiving. The best fakeclaim rely on half-truths to be convincing.

What if somebody killed the Machine barkeep and assumed their identity? Or if somebody knew that the Machine barkeep existed, knew they  would die here, and then easily step into that role, knowing that no living bartender could contradict them?

But maybe that's just idle speculation, not really relevant to finding the truth of the matter.

--
Quote from: Official Votecount
Caz: Secretdorf (1)
FallacyofUrist: TricMagic (1)
Luckyowl: Caz (1)
notquitethere: ---
Secretdorf: FoU (1)
Superdorf: —
TricMagic: ---
Vector: NQT (1)
webadict: ---

5 votes to hammer.
Day 1's Deadline: Tuesday,  February 9th 2021, 8:41 AM, GMT.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #133 on: February 07, 2021, 09:54:21 pm »

Bleh... unvote. I need to take another look at things.

Re: Luckyowl. Three-person scum team doesn't make much sense if we just have to "neutralize" the one person... if it's one person and associates, though, things get a little more interesting. I'm thinking three-person scum team is just a guess on his part, but... well. Lucky, care to elaborate?

yes, I think there is a three person "scumteam". Where two of the players are irrelevant to our wincon and Sarah as our "flagbearer". As I said I think we're dealing with a human and a rogue machine as it would fit the whole terminator theme quite well. But just like the movie. Sarah is the true target. The other two will just get in our way to kill her or seduce her.

Also, I'm green machine with no night action.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 07, 2021, 09:56:34 pm »

yes, I think there is a three person "scumteam". Where two of the players are irrelevant to our wincon and Sarah as our "flagbearer". As I said I think we're dealing with a human and a rogue machine as it would fit the whole terminator theme quite well. But just like the movie. Sarah is the true target. The other two will just get in our way to kill her or seduce her.

Also, I'm green machine with no night action.

. . . Ok. LuckyOwl is scum, and not the fun kind. I've played enough games with town Lucky to be convinced that this ain't it.

Down ya go.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26